Awoo.

goku262002

I like it so far, although I am really hoping for an episode that explains the events after The Last Airbender. And how the heck did Appa and Momo find females of their species, if they were supposedly the last of their kind as well?

Appa and Momo are actually females who were pregnant.

Edited by VisionaryBlur
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nono don't take that as a real answer. during comic con 2011, the creators said that after the war Aang found similar species of Flying Lemor and Air Bison that Appa and Momo could repopulate with. thats why the air bison and flying lemor look different in Korra.

Really now? The art book said they were both females.

When did the art book come out? maybe theres been some misinfomation between now and then.

Even then, I very well doubt Momo was pregnant for 112 years. She/he wasn't trapped in an iceberg.

Unless flying lemurs have stupidly long lifespans, or something,.

Even then, I very well doubt Momo was pregnant for 112 years. She/he wasn't trapped in an iceberg.

Unless flying lemurs have stupidly long lifespans, or something,.

Well, seeing how momo was just there at the air temple, there was bound to be more, obviously the flying lemors weren't killed off.

Not that talking about pregnant Momo and Appa isn't thoroughly riveting or anything, but I heard an interesting prediction I thought I'd share:

What if, in the next episode of the show

when Korra has the duel with Amon, he actually succeeds in taking away her bending powers? Maybe she'd have to go and find a way to get her powers back, leading to her finally learning the spiritual side of bending or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does anyone know where I can catch episode online? I can't really view it on my TV.

Finally got to watch the 3 episodes, and man I can't wait to see whats next.

The fact that Amon has the abillity to take away bending sounds interesting.

And I'm liking the characters, Tenzin having these hillarious anger bursts with those expressions puts a smile on my face.

Bolin seems to be the Sokka for this one, seems more obvious especially when he gives out the idea of using Pabu for simple street entertainment, whlist wearing a fake mustache.

Mako in personality, seems kinda close to Zuko with the whole dark and silent attitude, while also sounding sometimes like he isn't always about to cry every line.

Oh, and the metal bending police is just hell man, that is just boss.

Really can't wait for the next one, since it will possibly involve a duell with Amon.

Does anyone know where I can catch episode online? I can't really view it on my TV.

Nickelodeon.com has them.

• Thumbs Up 1

What annoys me about that is that I thought that bending Lightning was exclusive to the royal family only considering only Ozai, Azula, and Iroh could do it, the fact that every run of the mill firebender can now just irks me.

Just like how Toph was the only metalbender EVER in her time and now any earthbender can learn it if they join the Metalbending police?

Considering that Zuko may have wanted to share things peacefully like all the technology his nation had years ahead of everyone else, I don't find it one bit of a problem than any firebender can learn it. Plus, it being used for power plants only shows how far they've advanced since the 100 year war along with everything else.

The Art of the Animated Series artbook? No it didn't.

And to add to that, they've been refering to those two as males all throughout the series. You'd think they would know whether the two were females.

Finally caught the first three episodes last night after hearing many good things. Only saw a handful of Avatar:TLA before, so I thought I wouldn't be able to watch this and enjoy it, but I was happily incorrect in that thought. Really liking Korra and her personaliity, thus far. Also, the three siblings are frickin' adorable.

Finally managed to catch episode 3. I gotta say, I'm really liking the show so far. Everything just feels so much more focused and right when compared to the first series. Korra is such a fun protagonist, and I really dig the look of Republic City with its fusion of eastern and western influences. Also, I'm diggin' the occasional jazzy tunes in the soundtrack, it really sits with the setting well.

If I had one thing to nitpick about, it's that Bolin and Mako are kinda rehashes of Sokka and Zuko (as everyone and their granny has pointed out by now), but it's nothing that even puts a dent in the show for me. I still find their characters to be overall enjoyable. Plus, it's still pretty dang early, so who knows what kinds of character development we could be in store for.

Wait. So is the energy bending dude a hypocrite?

I'm under the assumption that Amon doesn't place his Energybending on the same level as the other bending arts. That, or maybe he's not entirely aware of what his ability exactly is, and is thus anware of its bending status.

Or he could just be pulling a Ghetsis, trying to make sure he's the only bender in the world, or Republic City at least for now

• Thumbs Up 1

The number of people in the Order of the White Lotus is more or less the same as before; there were enough members to necessitate a large campground right outside Ba Sing Se. The members were just spread out; the White Lotus members now have a specific purpose in safeguarding Korra, so they're more condensed as a result.

Or he could just be pulling a Ghetsis, trying to make sure he's the only bender in the world, or Republic City at least for now

That could be. I do get a Ghetsis-vibe from Amon. Someone who claims what he'll do will benefit anyone who has been oppressed or mistreated only to have an ulterior motive as the story progressees. Speaking of his energy-bending powers, someone pointed out that when Aang energy-bended Ozai, he had his hands on Ozai's head and heart, yet Amon only did it with just his hands on the guy's head.

So far I'm loving it. But what I don't understand is how Amon knows how to take bending away. I can understand chi blocking. But who taught it too him? Last I remembered, Aang and the lion turtle were the only ones who knew how to do that. This is going to be interesting. Also Korra and guy vs the Chi blockers....That scene was genius!

Good news about Korra people, the ratings have improved drastically.

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, April 14, 2012 Cable Networks only (Live + SD Data):

Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data

NICKELODEON 3.6/20 Avg. (7a-1p)

T.U.F.F. Puppy 0.7/8; T.U.F.F. Puppy 1.4/12; Fairly OddParents 2.1/14; SpongeBob SquarePants 3.3/18; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.9/24; SpongeBob SquarePants 5.3/25; SpongeBob SquarePants 5.7/26; SpongeBob SquarePants 5.8/27; Legend of Korra 4.9/24; Power Rangers Samurai 2.3/13; SpongeBob SquarePants 2.4/13

DISNEY CHANNEL 3.6/20 Avg. (7a-1p)

Doc McStuffins 2.5/29; Doc McStuffins 2.8/24; Doc McStuffins 3.2/22; Jake and the Never Land Pirates 2.9/16; Phineas and Ferb 3.6/17; Phineas and Ferb 3.6/17; Phineas and Ferb 3.3/16; Jessie 4.1/19; A.N.T. Farm 5.1/24; A.N.T. Farm 4.7/24; Wizards of Waverly Place 3.5/19; Wizards of Waverly Place 3.4/18

CARTOON NETWORK 1.7/9 Avg. (7a-1p)

Johnny Test 1.5/17; Redakai: Conquer the Kairu 1.4/12; Beyblade: Metal Masters 1.9/13; Pokemon B&W: Rival Destinies 1.7/9; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.6/8; Thundercats 1.3/6; The Green Lantern 1.7/8; Young Justice 1.6/8; Mad 1.9/9; Level Up 1.3/6; The Looney Tunes Show 2.2/12; The Looney Tunes Show 1.9/10

DISNEY XD 1.0/6 Avg. (7a-1p)

Suite Life On Deck 0.7/8; Phineas and Ferb 0.8/7; Phineas and Ferb 0.9/6; Kick Buttowski 1.0/6; Pair of Kings 1.2/6; Pair of Kings 1.4/6; Pair of Kings 1.2/6; Pair of Kings 0.9/4; Pair of Kings 0.7/3; Pair of Kings 0.9/5; Lab Rats 1.0/6; Lab Rats 1.2/6

Sadly in terms of weekly ratings, it's another dud in those core groups. Again, it seems only teenagers affect the show's position in the weekly slots.

Top 10 Combined Broadcast/Basic Cable shows among
Kids 2-11
for the week of
4/9-4/15/12
, 6a-6a:

K2-11 Total Delivery (000)

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 10:30a) 2418

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 10a) 2219

TOON: Ninjago (4/11; 8p) 2164

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 9:30a) 2153

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/13; 8:30p) 2150

DSNY*: Shake It Up (4/15; 8:30p) 2142

DSNY*: Fish Hooks (4/13; 9-9:15p) 2007

DSNY*: Austin & Ally (4/15; 8p) 1989

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/15; 10a) 1943

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/15; 10:30a) 1941

Source: Disney from Nielsen Media Research Data

Disney Channel is not spot ad-supported, although it does accept select sponsors.

Kids 6-11
for the week of
4/9-4/15/12
, 6a-6a:

K6-11 Total Delivery (000)

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/13; 8:30p) 1824

DSNY*: Shake It Up (4/15; 8:30p) 1822

DSNY*: Fish Hooks (4/13; 9-9:15p) 1668

TOON: Ninjago (4/11; 8p) 1644

DSNY*: Austin & Ally (4/15; 8p) 1633

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/15; 9p) 1540

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 10:30a) 1425

DSNY*: Jessie (4/13; 8p) 1423

NICK: Victorious (4/14; 8p) 1393

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 10a) 1391

Disney Channel is not spot ad-supported, although it does accept select sponsors.

Tweens 9-14
for the week of
4/9-4/15/12
, 6a-6a:

Tweens 9-14 Total Delivery (000)

DSNY*: Shake It Up (4/15; 8:30p) 1636

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/13; 8:30p) 1456

DSNY*: Austin & Ally (4/15; 8p) 1422

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/15; 9p) 1403

NICK: Victorious (4/14; 8p) 1309

NICK: Legend of Korra (4/14; 11a-12n) 1294

DSNY*: Jessie (4/15; 9:30p) 1255

DSNY*: Fish Hooks (4/13; 9-9:15p) 1221

TOON: Ninjago (4/11; 8p) 1209

DSNY*: Jessie (4/13; 8p) 1120

Edited by VisionaryBlur

So why is it good that its aiming at kids instead of teenagers? I would figure that the Teen ratings would be a good thing not a bad thing.

And just how do they know what groups are watching what?

So why is it good that its aiming at kids instead of teenagers? I would figure that the Teen ratings would be a good thing not a bad thing.

Advertising. If they're showing commercials for kids' toys and only teens are watching, the advertisers aren't getting their money's worth.