Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

You know it's just going to be a barrel of fun if Sticks becomes popular enough that SEGA, ASAP will make a main-canon version of her, just like how Marvel did with Ultimate Nick Fury ala Nick Fury Jr.

Eh, they haven't "canonized" Sally or any of the Freedom Fighters, and they're quite popular. Sticks'll probably remain exclusive to this universe regardless of popularity.

But this is SEGA we're talking about, so who knows?

I'm not really sure how this will go down. Its a big risk that could flop or go really well. I'm kinda perplexed as to why the existing cast hasn't been revitalised...I'm not quite sure the whole "Sonic's shitty friends" stigma has disappeared entirely, especially given that people complained about their almost minimal presence in Generations.

... People complained that they were there at all in Generations, even though they did less than jackshit in the story or gameplay? Seriously?

... People complained that they were there at all in Generations, even though they did less than jackshit in the story or gameplay? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. People raged when they showed the first screenshot of Sonic friends at his birthday party or when SEGA announced Shadow and Silver as rival boss characters.

Now THIS is a interesting character, Not only is she cute, but I even love her voice too, sounds like that pink haired chick from Ten Kai Knights, just more cheerful.

Yes, seriously. People raged when they showed the first screenshot of Sonic friends at his birthday party or when SEGA announced Shadow and Silver as rival boss characters.

I don't understand this fandom.

But then, I should've expected this after the "GREEN EYEZ" debacle.

So, yeah, Sticks...

It's mostly from critics and people outside the fandom...

But then, I should've expected this after the "GREEN EYEZ" debacle.

So, yeah, Sticks...

All people are different, so there will always be complaints about something I don't think we should blow one review out of proportion. Most reviewers didn't complain about them. There have been people asking for some of the characters to return, too.

I'm guessing badgers in the US aren't the adorable ones we have in Eyurup.

badger2.jpg

Loooook, they're so cuuuute! :3

They look lazy and cathartic. Are you sure they're not American?

Sticks, huh. The name seems kind of dumb, but I don't dislike her. Yet, at least. As long as she leans more towards "eccentric" rather than "monkey cheese", I think she might turn out ok.

• Thumbs Up 5

They look lazy and cathartic. Are you sure they're not American?

gif-ooooooooooh.gif

Um, yeah they're the badgers we have in the UK. Tbh I'm not sure if they are also around in the continent. I'm guessing Sticks is a honey badger, the ones with the nasty teeth and matching temper?! :D

I'm not quite sure the whole "Sonic's shitty friends" stigma has disappeared entirely

I'm sure it hasn't.

I quite like the design and the addition of a crazy character, but the name sounds kind of weird. I'm also not so sure about the voice.

Crazy character tend to, at least in my opinion, all be very similar to one-another and hugely annoying. So far, nothing about Sticks has suggested anything to the contrary.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic does look weird in that picture, and I can't quite see why. It could be his ears... or the spike placement. I dunno. biggrin.png

It could be that his entire head needs to be scooched to left a little bit?

Gotta say, Sticks' writing felt hit-and-miss for me in that video. While I thought the government agency line was cliché crazy and not funny, the 'do you not understand science' made me laugh. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic.... ... .. .. Why do you look so strange?

I can't put my finger on it, but... does Sonic look slightly odd to anyone else?

I think it's a very oddly posed model. The same CG models will likely be used for the renders and the show, so I wouldn't think it's a different one as some are suggesting. He does look odd though.

Ooooh god. I...I'm sorry, I really do wanna like her. She's got that interesting idea of being sort've native, previously alone, and now suddenly has friends. Which can lead to plenty of good gags.

She's paired with Amy! I adore Amy, and usually anyone paired with her is adored too. Yes even Big.

But... THAT VOICE. Oh god... I...I dunno, I may grow to like it, but right now, I'm uuuuuugh. And I mean, I can stand Minnie Mouse Amy.

What the hell kind of government could Sticks have ever lived under? Even for someone like her, the line doesn't make any sense.

sticksthebadger2.jpg

I can't put my finger on it, but... does Sonic look slightly odd to anyone else?

Among what's already been mentioned, the blue parts of his body have literally next to no lighting on them.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are all the female characters having bad voices?

I agree with who says she is like Vanellope, that means... I'm not sure if I'll like her I hope so, though if she is indeed like that character, she may pair with Knuckles I suppose.

What the hell kind of government could Sticks have ever lived under? Even for someone like her, the line doesn't make any sense.

It's just a generic joke line. Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses don't actually exist in Aladdin's world, for instance, but Genie still uses them for a joke.

Then again, the fact that this character reminds me of Robin Williams isn't the most comforting thing...

• Thumbs Up 1

sticksthebadger2.jpg

I think there appears to be a massive lack of texture on this render of him, making Sonic look more like a flat one dimensional solid blue drawing, more so than actual being there.
  • Thumbs Up 3