Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album!

Jeffhog

That could totally work! biggrin.png

...woah shit, brainwave. o_o! Some sort of weird mix between the main theme, Sonic 3's opening, and the title screen of Unleashed?

Edited by VizardJeffhog

Wait a tic.. do interludes cound towards the 3-songs-per-member count, or are they separate? If so, I could probably whip up a really quick acoustic take on Bridge Zone :P

That'd be badass...but maybe hard LOL. Now listening to all the openings, I'm kinda leaning on the S&K now *shot*. Well, like all my other submissions, it'll probably be a mix of a lot of themes XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait a tic.. do interludes cound towards the 3-songs-per-member count, or are they separate? If so, I could probably whip up a really quick acoustic take on Bridge Zone :P

Nah, they're separate. :D

Though we wouldn't want TOO many though. It'll depend on how many songs we have by the end of January. But for now, go nuts!

Don't know how, but I've managed to mix Sonic and Knuckles', Sonic the Hedgehog 1's, Endless Possibility, and It Doesn't Matter all together smoothly I think. I'm just dinking around on guitar, so hopefully I have something to show shortly, >D. So a Sonic theme of Sonic themes, <3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know how, but I've managed to mix Sonic and Knuckles', Sonic the Hedgehog 1's, Endless Possibility, and It Doesn't Matter all together smoothly I think. I'm just dinking around on guitar, so hopefully I have something to show shortly, >D. So a Sonic theme of Sonic themes, <3.

I didn't wanna bring up IDM because I wouldn't wanna seem overbearing. XD

But DAYUMN. That's practically a perfect combo for the 3 eras of Sonic (as of Generations)! Perfect for an intro!

Can't wait to hear it!

Dis-Gon-B-Gud.gif

I didn't wanna bring up IDM because I wouldn't wanna seem overbearing. XD

But DAYUMN. That's practically a perfect combo for the 3 eras of Sonic (as of Generations)! Perfect for an intro!

Can't wait to hear it!

Dis-Gon-B-Gud.gif

Well, after recording some, it's not going as smoothly as I thought, but I think it's just some kinks I need to work out, which I'll probably do tomorrow, XD. I'm trying way to hard to rush right now and it's going to turn out like crap at this rate LOL.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why no, I did not just take nearly two whole fucking months just to come up with a sketch for the album cover, why do you ask?

Yes, I'm done. Now I need to hand it off to Carbo and hope that there's enough time that he doesn't have to rush it or cram it into his schedule because I am so terrible at this drawing thing.

by the way we're going to win

• Thumbs Up 5

You did? I hadn't noticed!

applejack_shiftyeyes.gif

Nah, I kid. :D Can't wait to see what you got!

@Wolfy: I won't be demanding it within the next 24 hours or anything. XD You still got 'til the 31st (11:59PM PST, so more hours for everyone!).

*Edited*

I read everything. It took me THREE hours per to track those remixes.

You can't just boot me off for no reason like that. It took me a long time. I used soundfonts to help me with the instruments, but I DID all of them by ear.

Just checked this topic out and I'm in love. I can't wait to see/listen to the finished product! All you guys posting has got me all excited! Unfortunately I can't contribute anything since I can't play music nor design album covers. But I'm all for listening to the finished thing!

• Thumbs Up 4

*Edited*

You can't just boot me off for no reason like that. It took me a long time. I used soundfonts to help me with the instruments, but I DID all of them by ear.

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

9-No midis. Thank you Huepow00 for bringing this to mind. Since midis appear to be incredibly easy to pull - and to use from others, with or without permission - none of these are accepted. Any submissions of the sort will be rejected.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Edited*

• Thumbs Up 4

*sigh* Alright, reading everything you wrote onto TSS Network's Facebook page, DJ RMF, I understand your frustrations. I respect you and I realize how much you wanted in on this, but you have to understand the delicacy of the situation when it comes to MIDIs.

Huepow worded it best when it came to the submissions. It has to be something that was original and not something cut-by-cut as you've done.

There's also the problem that people can simply take MIDIs belonging to others and slap their own fonts onto it. I've seen it done time and time again, and that's one of the main reasons as to why I don't allow MIDIs. I'm not accusing you of thievery, but I hope you understand how fragile the situation can be because of it.

I won't deny that MIDIs, however, are a good way to start, and if you did actually rearrange them by ear, then you'll be onto something great in the future. It's just that MIDIs can easily be abused, so that's why these limits are in place. Sorry for any disappointment, but that's how it is.

You seem like a good kid at least and you mean well, so I'll tell you this. Goldenlink, since you had MIDIs in mind, this goes to you too.

This album won't be the only one the community here will be doing. Right now, we're already thinking about the next year, and some are indeed planning on it with others preparing new songs already on the way. If the two of you can step it up and move past MIDIs one way or another within the next year by January 31st 2013 (and in your case DJ RMF, also add your own twists onto the songs and make them more original), I'll want you two to come back and show us what you got. You both are talented guys, so I want you to grow a little more before I'd say you're ready.

• Thumbs Up 1

Taking a MIDI (even one you made) that is note-for-note an exact replica of the original song - of which you did NOT make, and applying new instruments to the MIDI - is not DIFFERENT ENOUGH from the original song, for it to 'Belong' to you.

Oh dear god, I can't stand remaking/sequencing a song note by note. I tried doing that to the No More Heroes Theme once by replaying a MP3 of the original over and over and over again. 1:30 into the sequence, I just gave up and I couldn't listen to N.M.H. for MONTHS afterward...

I can assure you, my remix is most certainly a remix. I create my midis based off of how I play the source material on the piano, which is already arranged as I play it (god knows I can't immatate some of the crazy stuff devs put in their songs...) and then I add Distortion Guitars, Drums, a String Ensemble, and just see what I can do with the song in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Huepow Thanks for the advice man. In the next year I'll give it another shot.

Don't give up hope!

I started off my venture into music with a demo copy of NOTEWORTHY COMPOSER and spent a good Several years creating MIDI's and uploading them to places like vgmusic.com because I wanted to contribute to the site with songs I loved that were not already online...This was back when you still needed a copy of AOL ONLINE or EARTHLINK to Dial-Up and the thought of waiting 5+ minutes for one of these MP3's to download made my head spin.

That's not to say I didn't create my own original tunes outside of the game music - and I know ALL too well that moment when you say:

"Damn, How can I get my music to SOUND better!"

I mean, MIDI's are fun as hell - I love working within the limitation of >100 possible sounds, but to make those sounds less 'Midi' sounding and have more of a 'Real' feel to them takes a bit more effort.

Move into soundfonts, OMG - More realistic sounds, Reverb effects! This still wasn't enough.

Eventually you just have to pick up a copy of GarageBand, Reason, or FLStudio or some other Digital Audio Workstation, and experience what it's like to have control of any number of virtual synth and bit of audio you can find and play with.

BUT! When it comes to creation in relation to Original Work, vs Remix's or Covers, or Edits, or Arrangements... You have to understand a bit about the differences in Copyright.

-> When you create something like a Remix, it has to sound different enough from the original that you can claim it to be your own, original work...If it isn't, it falls under the copyright of the source material, and belongs to the holder of that copyright - not you.

So again! Create MIDI's to your hearts content, in fact - As far as I'm concerened, if all you have at your disposable is a tool to make MIDI's and the ability to apply improved realness to the sounds. Fair Game - Create to your hearts content and be proud!......Just be aware that if you hope to call something a "Remix" there's some extra work that you'll need, and should WANT to do - for it to be your OWN work, and THATS what makes YOUR OWN work different from every other IceCap Remix out there! (No 2 are quite the same!)

EDIT:

WEEE MIDIS!

SONIC the Hedgehog: Crisis City - The Flame

Spyro the Dragon: - Treetops

Edited by Huepow00
  • Thumbs Up 3

On that note, I seriously have to get started on Garageband. ._. I've got the App, but I've barely done crap with it.

*belated NY resolution*

EDIT: That moment you realize the play-on-words in the name DJ EAR. "Did ya/Didja hear?"

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

If there is still room I might do a quick master job of my Lava Reef track I made, to make it sound a bit better, and submit that I guess. I mean I've already got it recorded and all. If I have time before the 31st I'll re-record parts, but if not a simple remaster will do. That is if you're still accepting a Lava Reef track.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there is still room I might do a quick master job of my Lava Reef track I made, to make it sound a bit better, and submit that I guess. I mean I've already got it recorded and all. If I have time before the 31st I'll re-record parts, but if not a simple remaster will do. That is if you're still accepting a Lava Reef track.