Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I was a bit anoyed that we didn't get the multi-game deal - $5 seems a bit steep for each game - but it turns out they just don't mention the deal until you commit to buy one.  THEN the bunny pulls out the Special Offer Only-good-when-you-buy-your-first-game.  So, $5 per game or all four for $15.  Now I'm really looking forward to Disney this fall; I can net me some passes!  In the last month I got two, and one of those was my mom.  (Not counting the guy at work.)

I have a problem. I recently bought a sexy sonic blue 3DSXL and did a system transfer and everything. I gave the old one to my brother. But today the dumbass had the bright idea to download Castlevania on MY XL. The issue is that I'm moving away in less than a month and bow he thinks that that download warrants him to keep my XL for himself. No way, bullshit. Is there a way to transfer single games between systems without swapping SD cards? I really need to figure out something before he is left without a game. It'd serve the little fucker right for pulling shit like this, but still. Can one of you help me?

Edited by Scootaloo

I'm pretty sure you guys are gonna be stuck with it like that. Why did he download the game on your 3DS?

Because he's a fucking idiot that doesn't think. Or he though that he would be keeping it if he has a reason. Or he was too lazy to go to Target and look for a physical copy. Eitherway, I'm sure simply swapping SD cards won't work so he's fucked anyways. Serves him right.

Couldn't you insert the SD Card onto a computer, send the file(s) onto the desktop, then insert another SD Card and place the file(s) in that one? Or are there protections to prevent that?

eShop titles are copy protected and licensed only to the 3DS they were bought on. No amount of anything will get it to work on another 3DS, save for full system transfer. Which ain't happening.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I have a problem. I recently bought a sexy sonic blue 3DSXL and did a system transfer and everything. I gave the old one to my brother. But today the dumbass had the bright idea to download Castlevania on MY XL. The issue is that I'm moving away in less than a month and bow he thinks that that download warrants him to keep my XL for himself. No way, bullshit. Is there a way to transfer single games between systems without swapping SD cards? I really need to figure out something before he is left without a game. It'd serve the little fucker right for pulling shit like this, but still. Can one of you help me?

You should just take the 3DS you gave him and sell it since he's apparently not going to use it.  If he's going to be an ungrateful little shit, he doesn't deserve anything.

Couldn't you insert the SD Card onto a computer, send the file(s) onto the desktop, then insert another SD Card and place the file(s) in that one? Or are there protections to prevent that?

If it's a game not in his eShop data or downloads, it'd probably brick the system.

Is it just me that wishes the eShop wasn't region locked? I'd love to play some games that may get released eventually that we're Japan only (like Mother 3)

Is it just me that wishes the eShop wasn't region locked? I'd love to play some games that may get released eventually that we're Japan only (like Mother 3)

I think everyone wishes these things, haha.

I think the last thing you'll hear any gamer say is "wow, I really love these region locking features!".

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think digital unlocks will ever happen. Not even Sony or Microsoft has it. Sure the system may play region free discs, but once you get into the digital realm new problems open up.

Edit: Eh, I guess on Sony you can make other region accounts on PS3.

Edited by Autosaver

I think the last thing you'll hear any gamer say is "wow, I really love these region locking features!".

Well, people are protesting the Xbox One for getting rid of the DRM stuff, so there's probably someone out there.

Well, people are protesting the Xbox One for getting rid of the DRM stuff, so there's probably someone out there.

That was confirmed to be Sony trolls from what I read. Apparently the top comments of the petition were comments about wanting the Xbox One to fail and stuff.

That was confirmed to be Sony trolls from what I read. Apparently the top comments of the petition were comments about wanting the Xbox One to fail and stuff.

Sorry to stay off-topic a bit, but the petition itself is legitimate. But it's been hijacked to the point where the trolls far outnumber the genuine supporters. Even so, the it explicitly mentions that Microsoft should reinstate all the old policies except region locking.

Edited by Blue Blood

Even if it was region-free, there's been no movement on GBA Virtual Console since they first said they had no plans for further GBA releases beyond the Ambassador Program.  Which is still just the most ridiculous thing.  I still have my original DS for comfortable GBA playing but still, the GBA had a lot of classics that people should have access to.

Oh I know there isn't, that's why I said "may get released eventually"

So are there a couple of GBA games available for the ambassadors and no one else? If so that sucks!

If Nintendo don't release GBA titles on the eShop it would be such a waste of potential! I can see a lot of people re-buying games they used to own, or wanted to own to play again, especially with those hard to find, or classic games, it's like the Wii U and GC games, I know LOADS of people who would kill for a TTYD download as the cheapest I see it for is around £100! I mean surely it can't be a problem of space, of they can offer full retail games to be downloaded then GBA/GC games should be able to fit

The platinum and gold gifts are up.

joH3BpC.png

That soundtrack <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Assuming this has nothing to do with the UK Club Nintendo?

They removed the SNES Classic Controller from our Stars Catalogue, the only item I actually wanted and was only a few hundred stars from finally getting ;_;

How long is it until your stars expire? I had it in the last where I was one game away from the Golden Link statue, and when I finally got it, I had lost like half my points!

Not sure how the stars work, but for coins in the US the coins expire after 'two Club years', so if the year rolled shortly before you went to purchase, you might have lost a bunch.  The American club rolls over on July 1st, so I need to start entering the things I've been saving since hitting Platinum status.

Of course, at the moment I don't actually have many coins, since I put 900 into the gold nunchuck when it came back available, to match my Skyward Sword Wiimote.

Edited by Thrippa

Those rewards are as disappointing as the ones last year.

Maybe I'll get Link's Awakening, since I've never played that title before, but I have absolutely zero interest with the other rewards.

The Majora's Mask CD looks decent.

May sell it off. I still have the previous years rewards sealed.