Awoo.

SONIC ADVENTURE 2: HD REMAKE SERIES

LeBronFilms

• 4 weeks later...

This looks like it has a lot of potential. If you succeed at this, you will undoubtedly be my new idol. XD

I hold out a fragile hope that this project may yet become the roots of a larger project with more people involved to accomplish... greater things. *Cough* full SA2 HD Remake *cough*

Only one question: why not use the Generations models over the 06 models? Especially since the Generations models are very good for facial expressions, posing, and animation.. while 06 doesn't fare so well.

That's an understatement. I'd definitely go with the Generations models over the 06 ones.

You must be kidding. Generations' models are sooo far in style from SA2 ones.

You must be kidding. Generations' models are sooo far in style from SA2 ones.

Because the style has been perfected over time. You don't honestly think people would be happier with the hideous abominations we got in '06, right?

Thing is, we're talking about 06 vs Generations models, not SA2 vs Generations.

Even so, what's the point of remaking cutscenes in HD with lower poly models, not to mention those same models were in the original!

Talking about HD models - I still prefer 06 models.

Because the style has been perfected over time. You don't honestly think people would be happier with the hideous abominations we got in '06, right?

Yep, style have definitely changed, but talking about "perfecting" we deal with opinions. It's hard to call 06 models "hideous abominations" anyway.

Edited by crystallize

Yeah going back to the script, its best to be using the JP script for this. there might be some hidden details that were left out of the JP to US script translating process and even more from the dubbing process.

If you do fan voices.

I SHOULD BE OMOCHAO....fuck..let me get some lines recorded..

• 2 weeks later...

You totally must get Shadow759 for this! I think he will be interested. Besides he is the most awsome Shadow fan-voice I ever heard.

• 3 months later...

If at any point you need a Doctor Robotnik voice, I'd be happy to audition - although you'll get more of a Pollock impersonation than a Bristow. XD

Only one question: why not use the Generations models over the 06 models?

Better question, why would you rip the models instead of making your own from scratch? That's kind of one thing that grates on me (as another guy who works in 3D), how someone can just try and skip huge important chunks out of laziness instead of learning the fundamentals and putting in the effort to make and customize the character from scratch.

I'm not trying to sound like a butt or stomp on your efforts, but seriously, custom models stand out so much more than ripped ones, plus you learn much more in the process of making it. Either way, do your best and deliver something great.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to do a voice, but would you rather they sounded like they do in Adventure 2 or how they do now? Does that even matter haha?