Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Oh yeah, those exist... Maybe I should've specified then: I want sequels/prequels that are good, and on home consoles. This is not a series suited to handhelds.

Paris as a setting to me is a good choice. First time I watched the trailer it just blew me away and the visuals look stunning in alpha game footage.

The name choice of the main protagonist is strange because it's a german name or taken after a river in Italy. 

Since he seems unsure, I'm thinking it'll actually be Arnaud.

When I first read the new Assassin's name I assumed this would be the case, too.

Also on Ezio's character; sure he was a bit sleazy but he had lots of charisma as a character. He was instantly likeable on playing AC2, if you ask me. Connor just wasn't like that. :s I found him rather boring. I did however, like Haytham because he was such a rotten bastard! biggrin.png

I've started Black Flag and I think Edward's personality is easier to get on with than Connor's, but I find it a little cliched and I have the same issue with him as Connor; I just don't believe him as an Assassin. It doesn't feel to me that either of them are in it for the Creed, if you see what I mean? They're part of it for their own motives.

• 2 months later...

So you know the CEO of Abstergo Entertainment in AC4? Well, at one point in the modern day part of the game he says he is leaving for Chicago and as it turns out we now know what happened there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NrwFBNowXo

Assassin's Creed Unity DLC reportedly outed by retailer

Chemical Revolution mission will allegedly be offered as a pre-order bonus

image_320883_fit_940.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/465517/assassins-creed-unity-dlc-reportedly-outed-by-retailer/

I love how in that picture, the assassin and the chemister are like "Dude, who the fuck let this guy with the camera enter? GTFO.".

So you know the CEO of Abstergo Entertainment in AC4? Well, at one point in the modern day part of the game he says he is leaving for Chicago and as it turns out we now know what happened there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NrwFBNowXo

So, wait, that confirms that Watch_Dogs is set in the same universe as Assassin's Creed? Oh boy.

• Thumbs Up 1

II knew it! I had a feeling this was going to happen, linking both Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs into the same universe. Blegh, I hope Olivier was just a random little cameo and we don't get more of these references to Abstergo and crap in the Watch Dogs sequel. >>

So wait. Ac and watch dogs all take place in the same universe. Ubi you bastards, i knew there was a reason why i buy your games.

• Thumbs Up 1

God, no. The Modern sci-fi plot was the least desirable part of AC to me. I really hope this isn't actually now linked to the Universe with Those that came before and Pieces of Eden. A little reference is cool, but not linking the thing. 

Has anybody played the Freedom Cry DLC for AC4? I'm wondering as I have considered playing it but really know nothing about the DLC or if it is even any good!

As long as the single player campaign doesn't suffer from it, I'm fine with this.

I would say "please don't let me down with this Ubisoft". But it's Ubisoft so I'm prepared for the worst after Watch Dogs.

But I like how it's set in the country I live in. And if it's a proper next gen game, I might buy it.

That re-hee-aaaallly makes my blood boil!

I mean, WTF? Why should a female character take twice as much development? You're a AAA developer FFS. Throw some money at it! Work something out. "Too much work" is not an excuse.

Also; they had Aveline, and it did fairly well, no? I mean, well enough for them to make a big deal out of it in Black Flag, and port it to an HD version. They know damn well a female lead would be successful. >.<

Anyways; was there any news on this Comet for last gen? Or will it be just the same game but downported? (I actually wouldn't mind that; Pareeeee!)

• Thumbs Up 1

"Too much work" makes no sense to me when they have unique designs for the goddamned NPCs of all characters. Especially since freaking Brotherhood of all games; you'd think that after being able to recruit female NPC assassins two to three games before this one wouldn't be a problem.

• Thumbs Up 4

That's the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard for no playable female characters. Wtf you guys! You created the female Assassin Aveline, you had female Assassin recruits in games like Brotherhood, you have hundreds of people working on this game which includes the janitor and cab driver (seriously what's up with the LONG end credits?) and yet you think it's too much?

And what the hell is AC Comet? How come Ubisoft hasn't said anything about it yet?? Sheesh...guess they prefer their precious next gen Assassins Creed.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just too hard. How could we sexualise an assassin, she needs to be covered up all the time

In all seriousness, it's pretty disappointing. We need better mainstream female characters in gaming.

So I don't know if anyone still cares about Ass Creed but I was browsing the website and it looks like they might br changing some of the annoying things from the previous games:

In the flurry of preparing for E3, we were able to wrestle James Arthur, Associate Level Design Director on Assassin’s Creed Unity, into a corner long enough to pry free some details on how we’re handling stealth.

James is quick to point out that the new toggle for Stealth Mode is, “NOT A CROUCH BUTTON!” But once he’d finished glaring at us, he continued, “Well, it does make you crouch. But if you think back to AC1, where you’d hold the blend button and Altaïr would put his hands together in a sort of praying motion, it’s a hybrid between that concept and a crouch. You’re less conspicuous when you’re in Stealth Mode. So, in Guard Posts, for example, if you want to move silently behind the guards, in Stealth Mode that’s possible because they won’t be aware of your presence, but if you walk or run past them, then they’ll turn around and detect you.”

“There’s a light cover system as well, so if you’re by a low wall or pillar, you’ll automatically snap to that and you can move along it. It’s a light snapping, though, so you can move away from it as well when you’re ready.” reassured James. And that’s a detail worth pointing out, since it’s derived directly from feedback received through player behavior, as James explains, “we discovered in Black Flag that people wanted to run between cover spots, so you’d have two bushes with a path between and they’d sprint across… we’re trying to encourage less of that type of behavior because the whole stealth gameplay loop is about looking at the situation, analyzing it and then making your move using whatever methods you have at your disposal.”

Of course, those methods include a host of tools both familiar and pleasantly surprising to seasoned Assassins. “We’ve got the Phantom Blade, which enables you to snipe people from a distance and do headshots, but ammo is really limited. Smoke Bombs work differently, in that the bomb doesn’t make people cough and sputter, it doesn’t stop them in their tracks as it did previously. It’s a line-of-sight breaker.”

And breaking line-of-sight is of crucial importance, as James outlined further, “We have introduced a Last Known Position system, so when you run around a corner you’ll see an outline or a ghost of Arno’s Last Known Position and that’s your moment to hide, whether it’s by blending in a crowd, jumping into a haystack or getting onto a roof as fast as possible. So, it’s really about that loop of: if you’re detected, break line-of-sight.”

That gameplay loop is of pivotal importance, because it’s at the core of removing player frustration we’ve observed over the run of the Assassin’s Creed series. James explains, “We took the feedback from missions and missions where you fail for doing something wrong have the lowest score. And it’s easy to see why: they’re frustrating, they’re super hardcore and they’re unforgiving… and that’s something we’re really trying to remove in ACU.” When pressed for an example, James added, “What happens if you kill a person you’re supposed to tail? We need to provide other ways of reaching that location, so maybe the guy’s got a map in his back pocket, you can kill that guy and loot that map or you could pickpocket him, and you can look at that map and it will tell you where to go. We’re trying to remove that hard fail that puts people off.”

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-147131-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Granted this could be total PR bull, and I'm still generally distrustful of Ubisoft products after the last few missteps, but I'm feeling more positive about the game.

Oh, as someone who has experience with 3D modelling and fitting, I can confirm right now that Ubisoft's argument on why there's no women in Unity is bull.

No- you can tweak outfits, animations, etc to the character. Even models of different heights may need tweaking, at least in the program I'm used to...hell, if they're really lazy enough, they can take one of the villagers and fix up the textures, outfit, etc and BAM. Lady.

Kinda disrespectful though, since they're already basically said "fuck you" to the percentage of female AC players. Love you, Ubisoft :)

Maybe there is some hidden code in the game that's disabled where you can play as a female. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Ubisoft won't add a female playable character because it "requires too much work"

FOUR male characters and not one female. Is it really that hard?

Sorry to bring this back up, but I read an answer to the question in a magazine and it made a lot more sense.

The way it was explained was that each person sees their character as Arno. So if you, me and two others would be playing on my screen my character would be Arno and on your screen your character would be Arno. Everyone else are the generic assassins. So giving the avatars of everyone else the same build as Arno makes sense and even if you did change them to women, you wouldn't be able to see that yourself anyway.