Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

I just want the web-swinging to be as fluid as Ultimate Spider-Man; that one's still my personal favorite.

As long as it's nothing like shattered dimensions, I'm good. That was the only spider-man game I hated.

I love the trailer! biggrin.png The game looks really good. The combat reminds me a bit of freeflow. I'm liking the belt Spidey has. I'm looking forward to this even more.

Also here's the bio for Rhino in the game. It sounds pretty neat.

http://www.ign.com/w...-man-game/Rhino

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

The little glimpses of combat look neat. I really hope there's a "Combat Trailer" soon so we can see it in motion rather than quick clips. Based solely on the quick clips, it reminds me of the Ultimate Spider-Man game, although I'm hoping for more unique combos.

As for the Rhino himself, he looks really creepy--not that that's a bad thing, of course. I loved the Rhino boss fight in Ultimate Spidey, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what the fight is like in this game.

Edited by ElementofChaos7

IGN shows off a new trailer.

Looks good to me! I love how it's set to "Itsy bitsy spider" laugh.png

That said...Rhino? Again? Please, please, pleeeeeeezzze don't have Shocker. As far as Spider-Man's gaming history goes, those are by far the most overused villains. I literally groan whenever they show up anymore. At least Beenox has avoided them up until now.

I want to see the Vulture again; the only times we've fought him were in a closed in part of the city in the first movie game and a fight composed of nothing more than a bunch of homing attack web zip chains in Web of Shadows.

Looks good to me! I love how it's set to "Itsy bitsy spider" laugh.png

That said...Rhino? Again? Please, please, pleeeeeeezzze don't have Shocker. As far as Spider-Man's gaming history goes, those are by far the most overused villains. I literally groan whenever they show up anymore. At least Beenox has avoided them up until now.

Edited by turbojet

To be fair, Rhino has had a two game break so it's not too bad. Especially if they do Rhino well. I remember the Rhino fight in Spider-Man 2 like it was yesterday.

I must say that I am absolutely loving how fast and fun the web swinging looks. It looks awesome! The combat also looks acrobatic, natural and grounded. Also, most importantly, both look very fun.

It seems like Beenox were really studying previous Spider-Man games like they said they were. This game is giving me Spider-Man 2 vibes like how Shattered Dimensions gave me Spider-Man PD1/N64 vibes and that's a very good thing.

Oh, question: How did the combat in Web of Shadows end up being? The last Spider-Man games I've bothered playing was 3, and I remember the combat system for Web of Shadows being its biggest draw for the fans. Was it any good in the end?

Oh, question: How did the combat in Web of Shadows end up being? The last Spider-Man games I've bothered playing was 3, and I remember the combat system for Web of Shadows being its biggest draw for the fans. Was it any good in the end?

They probably go with the lower tier villains because they don't want to interfere with any potential villains in the next movie. Regardless, Shocker was not in neither Shattered Dimensions nor Edge of Time. Rhino wasn't in neither game as well.

Like I said, Beenox has avoided them. Not counting Shocker in the DS version of Edge of Time, at any rate (Which I don't even think is Beenox). And I kind of wonder if the reason they went with Juggernaut in Shattered Dimensions is because Rhino had already been seen a trillion times, because when you come down to it Juggy and Rhino are kind of interchangeable.

Web of Shadows was pretty much how you envision Spider-man would fight in an aerial battle or even on the wall. He could just take out enemies without touching the ground or even losing his swing. It was pretty awesome to watch, but the system was too much button mash and lacked a lot of coordination since it was clearly unfinished. I'd argue with you that the big draw to the game was the Oblivion-esque choices the player made that effected whatever ending you got and not the actual combat itself.

I cringe at the horrible voice acting.

Also, it's incredibly repetitive, and it doesn't help that there is nothing else to do aside from collecting Spider tokens. Not even trick races.

Edited by Speederino

Web of Shadows was pretty much how you envision Spider-man would fight in an aerial battle or even on the wall. He could just take out enemies without touching the ground or even losing his swing. It was pretty awesome to watch, but the system was too much button mash and lacked a lot of coordination since it was clearly unfinished. I'd argue with you that the big draw to the game was the Oblivion-esque choices the player made that effected whatever ending you got and not the actual combat itself.

I cringe at the horrible voice acting.

Maybe it's just me but I prefered Web of Shadows over the two recent games. Yeah the VOs were awful but aside from that, the story was decent and just being able to be.......well SPIDERMAN and go where ever you want was very nice.

Topic wise, I really am skeptical about this game. SD was a let down to me and I skipped the newest one. And I haven't seen a worthy movie video game since Spiderman 2.

Beenox re-uploaded the Rhino trailer and it's in a lot better quality than the IGN upload. A lot less fuzzy.

Now that I can see the trailer in all it's non-fuzzy glory, the graphics look really good in this game. I'm not much of a graphics freak but I think they look really good.

423884_340156969356620_100000869591302_977109_1136981276_n.jpg

Just look at the detail! biggrin.png <3 Especially on the suit. All the rips and the lighting of the lenses and the lighting in general. You can even see the web shooter on his left wrist.

Just look at the detail! biggrin.png <3 Especially on the suit. All the rips and the lighting of the lenses and the lighting in general. You can even see the web shooter on his left wrist.

If you thought those graphics look impressive, you should see Batman Arkham City. Absolutely fantastic.

Maybe it's just me but I prefered Web of Shadows over the two recent games. Yeah the VOs were awful but aside from that, the story was decent and just being able to be.......well SPIDERMAN and go where ever you want was very nice.

Topic wise, I really am skeptical about this game. SD was a let down to me and I skipped the newest one. And I haven't seen a worthy movie video game since Spiderman 2.

Well consider the fact that this game was supposed to be made for Spider-man 4(Thank God that movie isn't happening), Beenox had to rehash Edge of Time as another Shattered Dimensions because Activision is a bunch of fucking idiots when it comes to human resources, and the plot has nothing to do with movie since it takes place after it, I'd trust Beenox a bit more.

Hey true believers

STAN MOTHERFUCKING LEE IS GOING TO BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER (skin?) IN THIS GAME

GOTYAY

Edited by Sgt. Jackstraw
  • Thumbs Up 1

Green Goblin is a major Spidey villain and the game still has to make way for subsequent movies. It would be like releasing Batman Begins the movie and then having Joker appear in the video game that is set after it. Just be glad that Norman Osborne and Oscorp are essential to plot because other than that, I doubt we will get much more out of him.
  • Thumbs Up 1

In every Rhino battle in every Spiderman game,

You get infront of a hard wall/generator of some sorts, wait for Rhino to charge into it, dodge at the last second, then beat him up for 5-10 seconds before he regains consciousness. Rinse Cycle Repeat. That's how it was in Spiderman (2000), Spiderman 2, Spiderman WOS, and I like how they pretty much showed it will be the same way in this game.

And I will glady pay 1200 Points just to download some Stan Lee DLC. Even if it means I can only walk around the city and swipe at people with my cane. Money well spent.

Edited by Mike Dawson
  • Thumbs Up 2

Stan "The Man" Lee is a playable character(Skin?)!? Well, this game is an instant buy now. I hope we get a lot of skins. I enjoyed them in Spider-Man(2000).

4f4d29388ce7e.jpg

I am really liking this game's graphics The webs, the walls, the lighting, the electricity, Rhino. Everything looks really good. Especially Spidey's model.

And I will glady pay 1200 Points just to download some Stan Lee DLC. Even if it means I can only walk around the city and swipe at people with my cane. Money well spent.

Please let the web swinging be as fluid as Ultimate Spider-Man. Please. That's all I ask.

Oh, and some decent graphics would help as well; playing Spider-Man 3 is absolutely hilarious on account of the absolutely awful draw distance.

Edited by Dissident