Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Why did anyone even use the gun in AC III? I just use the Bow.

The gun is very useful in combat, especially against the higher-ranking officers and heavy thugs. Though I would never use it to perform a stealth kill, no. Not in AC3, at least.

Could I also point out that there's a relatively simple solution to reloading? Just craft the double holster and use the double-barreled pistol, that way you have a total of 4 bullets at a time. You shouldn't ever need more then that, especially not when you also have rope darts that can be used as insta-counter kills. Though one fair warning: the game has a nasty habit of switching out one of those pistols when you fast travel or replay a story mission.

Kind of like how all your bait and snares tend to vanish from time to time, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I am now going to play the shit out of AC Revelations and then give my thoughts on that game. It's shit, nuff said.

The disc for my original copy of Revelations got damaged, so I have downloaded Revelations for £12.00 on PSN. At least I can still use my previous save files.

Then I will play AC3 again.

Well in that case, how come hiring courtesans was all fun and games? Ezio should have caught syphilis and died very young. You know, considering the time period and all, it only makes sense. Sure it wouldn't have been fun, but please won't someone think of the time period?!

How the fucking hell did Altair live to the age of 92 before he died? It was like the year 1200, so living that long is very hard to believe. Ezio died at the age of about 65 (I think) which makes more sense.

Edited by Silent Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

How the fucking hell did Altair live to the age of 92 before he died? It was like the year 1200, so living that long is very hard to believe.

I like to think he might have used the Apple to prolong his life. It's kind of hinted at in his last codex page, at any rate.

Well in that case, how come hiring courtesans was all fun and games? Ezio should have caught syphilis and died very young. You know, considering the time period and all, it only makes sense. Sure it wouldn't have been fun, but please won't someone think of the time period?!

Gee thanks.

Anyway all I'm trying to say is that given the time period the relatively long reload time makes sense.

First. If i read right, Ubisoft is done with the annual AC games. They said their next one (if they continue) will not be an annual one. If anything, Ubi will probably give us tons of DLC to tell more of Connors story depending on which way they take. It be after the tyranny of Washington or something else. I know Ubi wont let their fans down. And I hope the next game will be on the next gen systems so we can have a full 60 FPS game with excellent graphics. I'm not saying the current and past games had bad graphics, because they were great (AC1 and 2 takes the cake) but imagine how it would look on the next gen systems.

As for Brotherhood, I can't go back to that game. Only because it holds so much of my bad memories. The Christina missions were amazing. And I seriously could not play the last 3 without shedding a tear or 12. I just can go back to that game. 

And Zuko, you are right. The guns during the AR time were ridiculous. Taking 30+ seconds to reload. But it's a real slap to the face coming from the hidden gun Ezio held. His I swear only took 5 secs at most and that was in AC2. It took less time in ACB and ACR. It's as if the Assassin's fell off by the time of the AR. Speaking of that.....

the person Hatham kills when he grabs the ring, is that dead guy a templar or an assassin? It's like he was an Assassin along with Hatham until something in Hatham's past changed him. 

And now that I'm talking about Hatham, I kinda want to know more of how he came about the change. Assassin to templar. That was the biggest shit in the face I've gotten in a game in a very long time. Loved the plot twist.

Edited by Frozen EX

In the book Assassin's Creed Forsaken, they explain he was an assassin whom Haytham dueled once. For enemies they certainly got on ok

Edited by Santa Spudhead
  • Thumbs Up 1

First. If i read right, Ubisoft is done with the annual AC games. They said their next one (if they continue) will not be an annual one. If anything, Ubi will probably give us tons of DLC to tell more of Connors story depending on which way they take. It be after the tyranny of Washington or something else. I know Ubi wont let their fans down. And I hope the next game will be on the next gen systems so we can have a full 60 FPS game with excellent graphics. I'm not saying the current and past games had bad graphics, because they were great (AC1 and 2 takes the cake) but imagine how it would look on the next gen systems.

They already did a survey for an AC game next year, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like either more DLC for Connor or a new game with Connor. DLC certainly seems like a better route because that way they won't have to explain the whole present time thing. Hopefully they'll do a DLC that is tied to American Slavery. That would be great!

Seems like there was a massive patch that was released today.

UPDATE: Ubisoft has revealed that the patch should be going live worldwide today, so you may already have it if not give it a few hours.

ORIGINAL: Ubisoft has released details about a massive Assassin’s Creed III patch set for deployment over the festive period.

No specific release date was offered for the patch, but it is set to release at some point next week across all platforms and will download automatically once it is live. The full patch notes are below:

Single Player

Global Fixes

• Couriers will now appear more often in Boston and New York
  • Fixed a bug where consumables would not be restored properly after playing a naval mission
  • Fixed a bug where multiple copies of heralds or paper boys could be spawned at the same spot
  • Fixed a bug where printer shops icons could appear on the map even if the player is not notorious
  • Fixed a bug where the 2nd equipped pistol could disappear after a loading
  • Fixed a bug where the player could fall through the map if he went through a city gate on horseback while in conflict
  • Fixed a crash when the player uses the rope dart on a horse from above
  • Fixed horse glitch
  • Fixed inventory messages that kept being displayed after every reload if the player had completed some missions
  • Fixed various crashes
  • Forced subtitles to be displayed for off-camera voices like some tutorials and end of sequence transitions
  • Made sure to stop tavern music when exiting taverns

SEQUENCE 1

• A DEADLY PERFORMANCE: fixed a music glitch by making a cinematic not skippable

SEQUENCE 4

• FEATHERS AND TREES : fixed another case where optional objective “Do not touch the ground or water” could fail for no good reason

SEQUENCE 6

• ON JOHNSON’S TRA IL: fixed a bug where sometimes Adams and Revere could be missing, preventing the player from starting the mission

SEQUENCE 7

• LEXINGTON AND CONCORD: fixed a bug where the player could stay stuck on the road while on horseback at a specific spot on the mission’s path

EPILOGUE

• Fixed Animus Synching gameplay that could get stuck

Side Quests

• Boston Brawlers: clearer message after beating all ex-champions, stating that you need to go back to Boston
  • Boston Underground: fixed a bug where exploded barrels could come back if you re-entered through the South Commons entrance.
  • Boston Underground: fixed a bug where Haytham could never use the North Port entrance
  • Liberation Missions: added unfogging of the map when the player gets near a liberation event, to make sure the icon will be revealed in case the player doesn’t complete it and wants to come back later.
  • New York Liberation Missions: fixed a few cases where the player could get to the event’s icon but nothing would happen.
  • New York Underground, fixed a bug where the player would be teleported at the center of New York if he declined to enter the underground through the South Market entrance.

Homestead

• Added map icons on Homestead buildings as you unlock new settlers
  • Made sure Achilles cannot be stoking the fireplace after the homestead story arc is completed
  • THE PROPER TOOLS: added map icons on all shops in New York when that mission asks the player to go buy the hammer parts for the blacksmith
  • Side-quest “ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE COMMON MAN”, fixed a bug where the quest would still not be completed if the problem was already encountered prior to the last patch. Buggy savegames are now fixed on load.

Naval Locations

• OAK ISLAND: fixed a bug where the mission could not continue if the player reloads after completing some parts of the puzzle

Frontier

• Added auto-whistle for a horse when entering Frontier from Boston, New York or Homestead
  • Fixed NPC committing suicide when the player approaches

Menus

• Fixed a bug where it was impossible to hide the on-screen money counter and “hold to skip” message. Money is now linked to the “mini-map” HUD visibility option, and the skip cinematic message to the “controls” option.
  • Fixed a bug where the “Fast Travel Points Unlocked” stat could not reach 100%
  • Fixed a possible crash after all pivots have been synched
  • Fixed bad date formatting in Notification Center
  • Fixed various typos and bad translations
  • Made sure Boston Brawlers and Hunting Society icons are displayed over the fog once the player gets approached to join the club
  • Map icon filters: added a bunch of side-quest start icons on the missions layer, added viewpoints to the collectibles layer, and made sure all fast travel destinations are visible on all layers.
  • Opening the weapon, naval weapon and assassin recruits menus is now faster

Multiplayer

Modes

• Team modes balance is no longer affected when extra players join in progress.

Abilities

• Players are no longer stuck after they got hit by knives while climbing cranes.
  • The Unstoppable Perk now correctly opens recently closed Chase Breakers in the Animus Core map.
  • Closure now seals and opens Chase Breakers for the player who used the ability as intended.

Scoring

• Abstergo points now update correctly after you finished a game in the progression menu.

Locking

• Locked targets don’t become unavailable under certain conditions anymore.
  • Players will now see the notorious lock indicator when their pursuers kill NPCs, regardless of their approach meter.
  • In a chase, target players will now be able to lock their pursuer by default prior to any other character.

Misc

• It is now possible for players to reopen Chase Breakers right after their team mates went through them in the Animus Core map.
  • The time during which you’re vulnerable after a stun from ground to a haystack doesn’t vary from one mode to another anymore.
  • Players can no longer get killed by another player from any distance after performing a haystack kill.
  • Players no longer get stuck in the position the character adopts on narrow ledges when they kill with the Fast Gun.
  • Players will no longer see their pursuers as notorious when their pursuers are killed with the silent bonus or better.
  • Characters appearance and Gamertags can no longer be accidentally reverted on Wolfpack podium staging.
Edited by Frozen EX
  • Thumbs Up 4

Fixed a bug where consumables would not be restored properly after playing a naval mission

Fixed a bug where the 2nd equipped pistol could disappear after a loading

It's about damn time.

Now that is what I call a fucking good massive patch!

When I first played AC3 I was so frustrated with some of the glitchs, that I just didn't enjoy playing it. I did only a quick playthrough to be fair, but still I was disappointed. However, once I am done with replaying AC Revelations, I am going to replay AC3 to death and 100% it!

I would love to but I don't have a Vita. mellow.png

Same. Liberation is the only reason I would want one.

Maybe one day. If not, I'll just watch a Let's Play on Youtube like I did with Bloodlines.

*goes back through list*

"Npc committed suicide when player gets close"

WAIT! I never had that happen to me. That is a bug I would love to see. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished my 2nd run through of AC3. Seems like even with a speedrun, I still spent more than 10 hours playing this game. Uh I missed it my second playthough but I'm sure we saw Achilles die. Not sure when though. 

Just finished my 2nd run through of AC3. Seems like even with a speedrun, I still spent more than 10 hours playing this game. Uh I missed it my second playthough but I'm sure we saw Achilles die. Not sure when though. 

After you kill Charles Lee, you get a few Homestead missions. One of them, you have to bury him.

After you kill Charles Lee, you get a few Homestead missions. One of them, you have to bury him.

That's what it is lol. Thanks. I knew he died, I just didn't remember when.

I just did that Homestead mission yesterday. I thought it was pretty touching.

That's one thing I love about this series. When an important ally dies, it's very emotional. I know for sure I dropped many tears when Ezio lost his dad and brothers. Then again when Altair died and once more when his ex girlfriend (swear i can't remember her name) died in his arms. And one final time when Connor's mom died right in front of his eyes before Charles Lee is a dick. Damnit Ubisoft for your awesome story telling. 

Did anyone else cheer and laugh when we killed Charles Lee? I was ready to throw a party off of that. Gosh AC3 really made me hate Lee. By far the biggest dick in the series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's one thing I love about this series. When an important ally dies, it's very emotional. I know for sure I dropped many tears when Ezio lost his dad and brothers. Then again when Altair died and once more when his ex girlfriend (swear i can't remember her name) died in his arms. And one final time when Connor's mom died right in front of his eyes before Charles Lee is a dick. Damnit Ubisoft for your awesome story telling. 

Her name is Cristina Vespucci.

Yeah, it always breaks my heart when she dies. Much better than Lucy's death.

Or do you mean Altair's partner, Maria's death?

Edited by Silent Nightwing

Connor is an incredible character. I would love a game in Victorian London. I don't want a new character though, put Connor in it somehow.

The only thing I like more about Ezio vs connor is the acting. During cutscenes, we don't see Connor's emotion. Not sure if that is because English is not his native language even though it's the one we see him use the most. Where Ezio in AC2 and ACB had emotion. But that's just me. Aside from that minor thing, I pretty much prefer Connor because he just a true badass.

Oh you need to kill the general of an army of 1000 men at Bunker Hill? Sure, I'll make a mad dash and kill that guy for you. I need to kill the templar leader who just happened to be my father? Sure lets do this. You killed my mother? "I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL KILL YOU!"

Honestly I think he is the only assassin out of the main 4 (Desmond makes #4) that has not yet found a love interest. Hope that is something we see in future DLC.