Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

Sorry for the double post but....

NEW PIC!

554312_10150625102924599_85581019598_9173363_519198329_n.jpg

Anyone else getting Spider-Man The Movie game vibes?

Because of your mention of Spider-Man: The Movie (the game :P), I wonder if you'll be able to web-zip right to the roof like in that game. I just played some of that game the other day and that would be pretty useful for whenever you're indoors.

Oh, and side-note, I HATED the level in Spider-Man: The Movie that screenshot reminds me of. >.<

The web rush is looking good. The silhouettes are easy to see, but don't look too out of place (at least, to me). You know, in Shattered Dimensions whenever you jumped over something you could web-zip onto, Spidey would always awkwardly land on it automatically, and it always felt really off. It also slowed me down more than once trying to jump around. Looks like the web rush move in this game can do that, but you actually have a choice.

Two new screens! :D

476810_10150626584889599_85581019598_9177398_2079886771_o.jpg

552767_213940438705658_154937027939333_311004_1001937664_n.jpg

Look at the details on his suit, the reflections of his eyes, his fingers flexing, his hands on the web, the web itself, the lighting, the sky, the clouds. the windows on the buildings, the bricks on the buildings, the cars, the lamps, and the city in general. The attention to detail is just absolutely awesome. This game just keeps looking awesome! This game is just oozing effort and I love it!

I have said it before but just imagine if Beenox were allowed proper time to create a free-roaming 616 Spider-Man game. It would be incredible!

• Thumbs Up 3

Man, I really hope they have enough time to iron out the kinks at this point. That and the combat system are my primary concerns now. >.>

Man, I really hope they have enough time to iron out the kinks at this point. That and the combat system are my primary concerns now. >.>

They've been working on the game for two years at the least so I'm pretty sure bugs won't be much of a problem. At least I hope not. The game looks pretty polished and they still have a good amount of time left so I'm not worried.

As for the combat system, it seems to be in free flow style with the ability to actually use objects to your advantage(Yay for swinging around dumpsters!). Webbing people to the wall, flipping them over, wrestling like moves and so on. It all seems really good from what we've seen. It can only be an improvement to the past game's combat which usually amounted to "Punch punch punch web jump punch punch punch hit ground".

I actually don't have any concerns. I have faith in Beenox. Granted, I am a complete optimist so that probably doesn't mean anything.

Wonder if their gonna reveal any new bad guys. If they do I hope they reveal either Mysterio or Electro. Especially Mysterio, I freaking love that guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have faith in Beenox. Granted, I am a complete optimist so that probably doesn't mean anything.

I have said it before but just imagine if Beenox were allowed proper time to create a free-roaming 616 Spider-Man game. It would be incredible!

When the 616 universe actually has good writing, I'd watch. Spider-Island was gret because of the sole reason that it ended that Carlie Cooper bullshit relationship.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shattered Dimensions is a good game in my opinion. It just needs to be gone in to with the thought of a level based Spider-Man brawler instead of an open world do whatever kind of game. I personally think it was really well made. It just oozed care and effort and a love of Spider-Man. It was like a return to the more level based Spidey game play of the old n64/ps1 games.

Edge of Time.. I haven't seen much of but I haven't heard much good about it which is to be expected with the completely short development time it had due to Activision's love of "Quantity over Quality".

When the 616 universe actually has good writing, I'd watch. Spider-Island was gret because of the sole reason that it ended that Carlie Cooper bullshit relationship.

I really like Dan Slott's writing so I would be happy if he wrote for it. Especially since he actually chats with the fans on forums and does try to actually progress the characters. Now I want to go post in a thread for The Amazing Spider-Man comics.

Honestly, I am more of an Ultimate Spider-man fan and see that as the better series. Hell, I believe that Ultimate may have over encompassed the 616 universe since it is better represented in modern media.

Speaking of which, if there is a Miles Morales costume, I'm pre-ordering.

Edited by turbojet

Honestly, I am more of an Ultimate Spider-man fan and see that as the better series. Hell, I believe that Ultimate may have over encompassed the 616 universe since it is better represented in modern media.

It's probably a lot easier for more people to get in to the Ultimate series since it hasn't been around for about sixty years.

I would love to see Mile's costume in the game.

250px-Spider-man_NU.jpg

Edited by PeanutButterDerp

Congrats on being the only Ultimate fan to stay after the clone bullshit.

Still excited as hell for this game. Anyone who is still worried because of SD and EoT clearly doesn't give enough of a shit to watch anything of this game.

Congrats on being the only Ultimate fan to stay after the clone bullshit.

The Clone Saga in the Ultimate universe wasn't some overly convulted clusterfuck where you weren't sure which was Peter Parker and which was the clone unlike 616. I never thought the Clone saga was that bad or even polarizing. Sure, it referenced the original Clone saga which was a mountain of shit, but at least it handled it better. The only fan backlashes and outcries that I recall that belonged to Ultimate was the Death of Spider-man (trust me, I was pissed about that until Bendis worked his magic on Miles and subsequently made an awesome character and Spider-man through him) and Ultimatum, which was a mass killing of Marvel Characters and franchises. The Clone Saga was one of the better stories in the series since it wasn't drawn out and fucked up.

Was this posted before?

Either way, the interviewer sounds really excited about what he saw and the web rush still sounds fantastic.

Sorry for the double post but we have Two new positive articles with a few bits of new info! :D

Superherohype article.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/170105-a-sneak-preview-of-the-amazing-spider-man-video-game

There are comic book pages to collect. They say the web swinging is very fast.

Newserama article.

http://www.newsarama.com/games/the-amazing-spider-man-game-preview.html?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social%2Bmedia&utm_campaign=seo%2Bblitz&utm_content=Newsarama

They say the camera make the web swinging much more intense and that the speed felt is up there with the best of racing games. Considering, WoS and Spider-Man 3's lack of speed in webswinging bothered me, absolutely delight me.

They also praise the combat with it's fantastic animations. They note that Spidey went up against twenty enemies and he did not see one repeated animation.

Sounds even better and better.

They also praise the combat with it's fantastic animations. They note that Spidey went up against twenty enemies and he did not see one repeated animation.

Like...different animations even if you're pressing the same attack button? This didn't bother me too much about previous Spider-Man games, but man, I always thought a lot of unique animations for his attacks would be awesome. I definitely can't wait to see some gameplay footage so we can see for ourselves!

Man this game sounds so awesome...wish we could see it in action! After loving Shattered Dimensions I'm really eager to try the open world take on Spidey games (hopefully done really well with this game). Just need to see it in action to fully make up my mind...........

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope the 3DS version isn't heavily inferior. They obviously can't port the 360 game, but I hope the core gameplay stays intact on the 3DS.

Edited by Thigolf

I hope the 3DS version isn't heavily inferior. They obviously can't port the 360 game, but I hope the core gameplay stays intact on the 3DS.

I wouldn't keep my hopes up, if I were you. Same goes for Wii owners.

In regards to the praise for the combat system; you guys have no idea how happy this makes me. I love (love, love, love) Ultimate Spider-Man, but the combat in that game was incredibly lacking. If the web-swinging here can match that games, and beat the combat system to boot, I think I might be looking at my new favorite Spider-Man (or hell, my favorite open-world) game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't keep my hopes up, if I were you. Same goes for Wii owners.

Why? The Shattered Dimensions port worked out pretty well.

Edited by Thigolf

Why? The Shattered Dimensions port worked out pretty well.

Interactive open world games do not port well.

Another preview! :D

http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/6041/article/the-amazing-spider-man-the-game-impressions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gameranx+%28Gameranx%29

It's pretty positive although he does that the first part of the Rhino fight is uninspired. It's pretty much the standard Rhino fight.

they compared the swining to Spider-man 2 which is a very good thing.

Another preview! biggrin.png

http://www.gameranx....+%28Gameranx%29

It's pretty positive although he does that the first part of the Rhino fight is uninspired. It's pretty much the standard Rhino fight.

they compared the swinging to Spider-man 2 which is a very good thing.

Alright, so let's get a list of pros and cons together to make a little review.

Pros

Bruce Campbell returns as narrator.

Stan Lee is a freaking playable character.

The enhanced camera angle makes web-slinging feel more realisitc and makes you feel like Spider-Man.

Web rush allows you to move to a spot quickly and effortlessly, with the ability to take control again as you see fit.

Fluid combat based on Arkham City, with the ability to perform stealth takedowns in a manner similar to Spider-Man Noir.

Beenox, being huge Spider-Man fans, have listened to fans and added many references to the comics including Iguana as a villain.

The return to the open-world gameplay last seen in Web of Shadows, complete with the ability to interact with characters like Gwen Stacy and Curt Connors, the option to visit his apartment, and a twitter feed allowing you to see what people think of your heroics.

Cons

Uh, it won't last forever? :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Where was it said that Bruce was narrator? All he said was that he recorded a part for it.

Don't forget collectible comic book pages, the fact that you have to got to Pete's apartment to repair or change your costume, the fact that there will be unlockable stuff, the fact that this is the most detailed NYC in a Spider-Man game yet, the fact that the weather reflects the moos of the city and so on.

Okay, so I suppose it was never officially confirmed, but given he narrated the first three games, and I can't think of any other reason for him to record lines, it's pretty much a given.

And yes, their attention to detail is amazing, between the city, the new costume, the new, fully organic villains, and even a lot of little things like the twitter feed and inclusion of Iguana. Wait, change your costume? As in, they've confirmed unlockable costumes? Or is that just another logical assumption, given that Beenox had so many unlockable costumes in their first two Spider-Man games, and I'm pretty sure all three of the games for the first movies had unlockable costumes.