Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

You can hear Roger as Sonic in the video preview, so I'm assuming that at least the Sonic characters (barring Dr. Eggman, of course.) will be given new voice clips. Also, I believe that the IGN article confirmed that the announcer won't be returning.

Yeah, I know you can hear Roger I don't want Sonic to scream "Baldy nosehair!" every time he gets a turbo if you get what I mean. IIRC, Big was the only Sonic character to have a new lines last time (cause it was the only 4Kids dubbed game he was in).

Somewhat disappointed to hear the announcer is gone. You could turn him off anyway.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I know you can hear Roger I don't want Sonic to scream "Baldy nosehair!" every time he gets a turbo if you get what I mean. IIRC, Big was the only Sonic character to have a new lines last time (cause it was the only 4Kids dubbed game he was in).

Somewhat disappointed to hear the announcer is gone. You could turn him off anyway.

Ah, gotcha. Hopefully, they'll either choose better lines or record new ones, then. We certainly don't wait Shadow randomly going "Agreeeeeeed." at the start of every race. tongue.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14

just had a thought! Bentley Jones will probably not be doing the theme song! Celebrate!!!

I'd take an original Crush 40 tune or some RJ music. The man did bring us this:

I've got a question. Are you guys aiming to make the game run at a solid 60fps or 30fps?

It's 30 fps

just had a thought! Bentley Jones will probably not be doing the theme song! Celebrate!!!

I'd take an original Crush 40 tune or some RJ music. The man did bring us this:

*You're My Hero- Generations*

*cough*

A SEGA theme based around the "SE-GA" shout. More of this please.

• Thumbs Up 5

*cough*

A SEGA theme based around the "SE-GA" shout. More of this please.

Haha! Yup! Every time I play that, I sing along "SE-GA Superstars Ten-nis!"

Admit it you fellas! You are all waiting for that Menu Remix to surface! tongue.png

Also i'd like to see who will be doing the main theme of the game.

Remixes of the songs >>> I wouldn't mind AT ALL some Crush 40 - Cash Cash - Richard - Alex Makhoulf - Jun Senoue FREAKING GENIUS stuff! biggrin.png

Oh, and a question. There will be a bigger variety of power-ups? How the whole concept behind Transformed came up?

Thank you.

Edited by frokenok3
  • Thumbs Up 1

S0L, just wanted to say game is looking phenomenal.

I enjoyed a lot the first one and Ill sure love this one even more.

Though you guys better include Ulala again!! smile.png

Edited by Ferr

I've just had a thought...could be a long shot, but since the game's been in development for over a year now do you think we might see a playable demo at Summer of Sonic and/or Sonic Boom?

I'd like to see a nicer character select screen for this, something where you can see all the characters at once. Layed out a bit like Street Fighter Alpha 3.

More female characters in general are needed. ASR1 had Amy, Ulala, Zobiko and Chupea. The last two were teamed with guys. Rouge, Blaze, Arle of Puyo Puyo and Nei of Phantasy Star II would all make for great additions.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've just had a thought...could be a long shot, but since the game's been in development for over a year now do you think we might see a playable demo at Summer of Sonic and/or Sonic Boom?

It's likely

... and the latest Sonic titles are available for fans to try before they’re even released.

Right now ASRT is the only title to fit that bill, as S4E2 will already be out long before either event is held.

Edited by Blue Blood

Well, I'm sold. Between Vyse and the full on transforming vehicles, I've seen all I need to. SUMO's already earned a day 1 purchase from me.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

But...I actually liked the announcer. As cheesy as some of the lines were, they were kind of fun to listen to, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm actually going to second Blue Blood's question about the voice clips. Not gonna like, the clip selection for the last two games was pretty awful. Are new (and fitting) lines gonna be recorded for the Sonic cast this time around?

• Thumbs Up 6

Hey S0L - will there be vehicle-centric tracks that only focus on flight or sea traveling?

The prospect of having a flight-only stage based on, say, Sky Sanctuary, is kind of exciting.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hey, S0L, I've got a question, too!

As has been already confirmed - there are 3DS and Vita versions.

I would like to know if there have been graphical changes to support the handhelds' lower power, or are you guys trying to have it run comaprably to the HD versions?

For the Vita, this would be less of a problem than the 3DS.

The trailer music sounds scarily like

No complaints there, but jesus the likeness is uncanny!

because it is, just the instrumental though. SEGA is known for taking well-known songs and using them for trailers. They did it before, most recent being Generations

Looking good so far, kinda wish they did more with the first in terms of DLC but w/e

Another thing, I noticed that the IGN preview sort of gave away the themes that play during the levels, the Monkey Island course used a remixed version of the original http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_rOGq0hNAE, while the Ruined Palace Track had a remixed version of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I.

Steve, will you have a change music option like you did in the first game, or will we be stuck with one theme per track?

• Thumbs Up 3

This is probably not going to be answered , but...

Will ASRT include alternate tracks, and if so...will the alternate tracks be remixed (like Nintendo's Smash Bros) or the originals(like Sonic Generations did)?

Anyways, I'm hyped. I'm hopeful for lots of easter eggs and fun stuff.

Edit: Hah, great minds think alike.

Edited by Crazizzle

Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, a gorgeous Panzer Dragoon level, bigger budget, Richard Jacques remixing, transforming mechanics, more characters, more tracks, possible hint towards Segata Sanshiro...I can't even think of anything to ask for that doesn't come off as begging. I've been waiting for an announcement like this for a while and I'm not disappointed in the slightest, I'm sold.