Awoo.

Sonic lands #1 on GT's "Top 10 WORST Blockbusters"

Autosaver

Also Shadow.

Which brings up a good question: Why the fuck didn't they mention ShTH in that listing?

• Thumbs Up 3

Which brings up a good question: Why the fuck didn't they mention ShTH in that listing?

Apparently they gave it a high score (a 7.8/10, some people over here say).

• Thumbs Up 5

SSMB. Hrmm...I wonder what that stands for?

Sonic Stadium Message Board. This is a forum. You know what you do in a forum? You discuss. If you don't want to discuss, well.......

Okay then. Keep getting your panties in a knot over what some nobody on GT said about Sonic. We do need to maintain our reputation as an easily offended, easily trolled fanbase after all.

Edited by Machenstein
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh sure take a game that hardly anyone know about because of its hardware's breif history (Hotel Mario) and a game that was solely made for educational purposes and one were Mario isn't playable at that ( Mario is Missing) to count as bad games.

I wouldn't call Hotel Mario and Mario Is Missing obscure. Both get a lot of exposure on the Internet, one joining its cousin Legend Of Zelda CD-i games in providing YouTube Poopers with half of their material, the other for inspiring Weegee. Honestly, you can equate that to how Sonic '06 and Shadow the Hedgehog are remembered these days: One is infamously bad and has started popping up in YTP's, the other has that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald.

Note that I never said Mario and Sonic are exact mirrors of each other, and I'll even admit that Mario weathered the switch to 3D better than Sonic did, but it's still hugely unfair to say the entire Sonic franchise sucks and will forever suck more than ET for mistakes (and good decisions mangled by unpleaseable morons like GT) made in the past that SEGA and Sonic Team have finally managed to rectify while Mario gets off scot-free.

so wait, does this mean that... Shadow the Hedgehog is...BETTER than Sonic Adventure 2?! O.O

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Shadow the Hedgehog: 8.3

Sonic Generations: 8.1

rv7Et.png

Yeeeeeeaaahh, I'm staying away from GameTrailers now.

When it comes to main-series Sonic games, I usually don't trust reviews at all these days, opting instead to try it myself and draw my own conclusions.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't call Hotel Mario and Mario Is Missing obscure. Both get a lot of exposure on the Internet, one joining its cousin Legend Of Zelda CD-i games in providing YouTube Poopers with half of their material, the other for inspiring Weegee. Honestly, you can equate that to how Sonic '06 and Shadow the Hedgehog are remembered these days: One is infamously bad and has started popping up in YTP's, the other has that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald.

You are forgetting the biggest part.

While it's true the likes of Hotel Mario, or Mario Is Missing are very shitty games, they have little to nothing to do with Nintendo, they got no real hype or exposure to sell them with.

You really can't compare it with 06, considering the massive amounts of hype and promises the game was giving fans and critics of the Sonic Franchise. It was supposed to be the behemoth, the big one.

Those are the key differences.

• Thumbs Up 3

When it comes to main-series Sonic games, I usually don't trust reviews at all these days, opting instead to try it myself and draw my own conclusions.

Yeah, but it'd be nice if the reviews weren't filled with bullshit.

Well, there's always renting.

With renting, you can avoid bias from reviewers who keep beating a dead horse, and you can also avoid bias from fans who praise it like the best thing ever. With an additional bonus, you don't have to pay full price for the game, and if you don't like it you can send it back to the sender.

It's not even the fact that he's on there that's wrong to me, it's the fact he's number one, ahead of E.T. When Sonic sucked ass, it was at the expense of a video game icon, with E.T. sucked ass it endangered the entire industry. Which is worse?

"Warehog" Lol. I love the warehog! The Werehog, however........

SomecallmeJohnny pronounces it Worehog, but whatever

I really don't know what you're talking about. The 3-D Mario games have done very well. The only 3-D Mario game that people wern't happy with was Super Mario Sunshine.

You...shup...up

Super Mario Sunshine was fucking awesome and you know it!

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sunshine just gets yelled at cause it decides to try something new for mario. Add a huge game-changing gimmick. It did something new and cool and got shot down for it even though it played fine. But that is off topic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sunshine just gets yelled at cause it decides to try something new for mario. Add a huge game-changing gimmick. It did something new and cool and got shot down for it even though it played fine. But that is off topic.

>hated for being different

Oh hai thar R, Drift, Drift 2, Labyrinth, 3D, Adventure, Adventure 2, Shuffle, Heroes, Shadow, Riders, Zero Gravity...

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hai thar R, Drift, Drift 2, Labyrinth, 3D, Adventure, Adventure 2, Shuffle, Heroes, Shadow, Riders, Zero Gravity...

Notice i said played FINE.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Notice i said played FINE.

Fine ain't good enough for Mario.

Saying Mario Sunshine got shot down is such an overstatement. I saw nothing but positive reviews for it. It just didn't quite breathe new life into the genre like 64 and Galaxy did. The level design was a lot more loose and open - a lot of flat areas and missions where it really wasn't clear at all where to go or how to progress into new areas of the levels. The water pack tended to simplify what was previously intricate platforming, and when it WAS taken away from you, Mario's limited moveset compared to Mario 64 made the FLUDD-less levels all the more unfair feeling with their difficulty. Then there was the whole Blue Coin thing being annoyingly Guide-Dang-It, and the fact that you HAD to complete the first 7 shines on each level, (and in the order they appeared) kind of defeating the whole point of having these huge wide open levels.

None of this was bad, but different doesn't automatically mean better. I've met few people who dislike the game but it's still pretty easy to see why people put it at the bottom of 3D Mario game lists so often.

On-topic: Gametrailers are stinky poo poo bums and stuff.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

Fine ain't good enough for Mario.

Saying Mario Sunshine got shot down is such an overstatement. I saw nothing but positive reviews for it. It just didn't quite breathe new life into the genre like 64 and Galaxy did. The level design was a lot more loose and open - a lot of flat areas and missions where it really wasn't clear at all where to go or how to progress into new areas of the levels. The water pack tended to simplify what was previously intricate platforming, and when it WAS taken away from you, Mario's limited moveset compared to Mario 64 made the FLUDD-less levels all the more unfair feeling with their difficulty. Then there was the whole Blue Coin thing being annoyingly Guide-Dang-It, and the fact that you HAD to complete the first 7 shines on each level, (and in the order they appeared) kind of defeating the whole point of having these huge wide open levels.

None of this was bad, but different doesn't automatically mean better. I've met few people who dislike the game but it's still pretty easy to see why people put it at the bottom of 3D Mario game lists so often.

On-topic: Gametrailers are stinky poo poo bums and stuff.

I agree. I shouldn't have said shot down. i meant the people that didn't like the game that much. I'm not saying it was perfect. iT WASN'T.(was huge and open, i got lost a few times and the oil sometimes wouldn't disappear for me sometimes) It goes below 64 and a few other 3d titles for me. I can see were people come from. I never said it's gimmick was awesome and perfect either. I'll admit it had it's problems. But it still was a cool concept. Just a concept that was pretty "meh" in the series gameplay wise. Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Yet again, you miss a key point.

Sunshine actually made it's Concept play well. It was still a fun game and it stayed traditional to 3D Mario elements.

Sonic R was just lackluster, Drift and Drift 2...do I need to explain? Labyrinth? Seriously? Sonic 3D Blast...meh. Adventures 1 and 2 had shitty Genre Roulette, not a gimmick that stayed at least a little traditional to the Main Gameplay of the series.

Shuffle? Dunno, haven't really got a lot of wind from it.

Heroes and Shadow were Mediocre, to very crap respectively.

I thought Riders was the best of the Riders series, but it still had a lot of problems from keeping it from being great. Zero gravity just took out all the good from the first game, and multiplied the bad things by 5.

Apparently they gave it a high score (a 7.8/10, some people over here say).

So games like Colors and Generations get lower scores while a bad game like Shadow gets a higher score?

......................What the fuck, GT? >___>

The only thing with Sunshine was lack of variety in level themes. It would've been nice to explore tropical jungles, caves, rainforests. Also, Fludd was a good gimmick because it actually enhanced and bulit upon marios abilities. But the foucs on cleaning goop up during the first several missions left a bad impression on people who quit on the game after not wanting to deal with that anymore. I love it though. Very nostalgic summer vibe game 03' memories.

Also, Sunshine and SA2B 10yr anniversary!