Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

Just yesterday, it was announced that Atlus and Arc System Works (Creators of Guilty Gear, Blazblue, etc.) will be working together to develop a fighting game based on the popular Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. Mayonaka Arena will feature a new story that takes place two months after the end of Persona 4 and will also feature characters from both the 4th and 3rd title. (Confirming that both games take place in the same universe)

The game is slated for a Spring 2012 release in the Arcades and then a console release in Summer of the same year. The console release will include:

Arcade Mode

Story Mode

Score Attack Mode

Vs Mode

Online VS Mode

Currently, there are 12 characters planned for the current build. The confirmed characters so far are Persona 4 MC, Chie, Kanji, Yosuke, Yukiko, and AIGIS (From Persona 3).

Here are scans featuring screenshots of gameplay.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d396c5147394040

• Thumbs Up 1

Persona Fighter 4 is gonna be amazing. I love the Shin Megami Tensei series and Arc System Works. The new age of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? I'm totally game for that.

Also, in the character select screenshot I am almost positive that the character to the right of Chie is Kanji (Emperor arcana) and the character between Aigis and the Persona 4 Protagonist is Yukiko (Priestess arcana).

Edited by Chooch

A fighting Persona game developed by Arc System Works... Why the hell didn't this happen sooner?

Anyway I'm really looking forward to raising all kinds of hell with Aigis.

I am not really a Persona fan, but a new Arc System Works fighter? I'm always ready for one of those. I'll keep an eye on this one :)

Those graphics and the HUD is crisp and smooth as fuck, it looks even greater than BlazBlue. Hell, at first glance I wasn't even aware that those were sprites, I thought they were full hand-drawn vectors, Skull Girls style.

I'm so fucking hype for this.

I dont have idea how they will do this. But I would love to see Akihiko and maybe one of those 3 Evil Persona Users from P3 (Dont remember names I played this REALLY LONG time ago).

12 chars.? There could be more but obviously they wont include every persona user since P3 alone had 12 of them (including evil 3 if I remember right).

P3 protagonist wont be there for obvious reasons (Never played FES but We all know what happened)

Fuck BlazBlue, this looks FUCKING AWESOME. FUCK YEAH PERSONA 4 FIGHTER.

I just noticed TWO character select spots with the 'Fool' tarot. This, of course, means either Minato is playable... Or someone else.

^ Aigis is the other Fool Arcana. Meaning this also takes place after the P3: THE ANSWER canon story in FES.

Edited by Cephrien
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dont have idea how they will do this. But I would love to see Akihiko and maybe one of those 3 Evil Persona Users from P3 (Dont remember names I played this REALLY LONG time ago).

• Thumbs Up 1

They're Jin the nerdy looking one, Chidori the lolita, and Takaya the hippie messiah.

Ah now I remember thank you!

I seriously need to replay this game.

They're Jin the nerdy looking one, Chidori the lolita, and Takaya aka Revolver Jesus.

Edited by Jetronic

Fixed

So gonna get this, so much hype.......now I'm hungry =/

This confirms it? I thought that was already confirmed during one of the times you spoke with Margaret in Persona 4?

This confirms it? I thought that was already confirmed during one of the times you spoke with Margaret in Persona 4?

There is a large section of P4 that crosses over with P3. They're totally in the same universe.

I can't get over the amazingness of this news. An actually killer fighting game dev, (my personal favorite) making a Persona fighter. This is friggin awesome. Whoever mentioned Jojo on the first page is right, hahaha and I hope this game is as fun as that one!

There is a large section of P4 that crosses over with P3. They're totally in the same universe.

I forgot about this. My bad. D:

Aw yeah!

Awwwww fuck. I'm possibly the suckiest person in the world when it comes to fighting games, especially 2D ones. I'll buy this, regardless, it just looks too damn nice for me to pass. Hopefully I won't have too hard of a time with this.

Lovin' this art, too. Dat Aigis and Chie look delish.

The great thing about Arc System is that they don't have all of these extremely complicated special move button combos and they always try to balance the characters the best they can. I'm horrible at every fighter BUT BlazBlue :lol: