Awoo.

Do you like horror games? Do you like stairs?

Patticus

This is an experimental "game" created by some guy in a few days. It's called SCP-087. There is no gameplay, it's an Atmospheric Horror Staircase Experience™. All you do is walk down a dark set of stairs, getting more nervous as the sounds change.

• There is an end, but the game randomly decides when it will end. You may be walking down the stairs for less than ten minutes before the end happens. I myself was going down for half an hour, reaching layer eighty-something before the end happened.

It scared the living shit out of me. The further down I got, the more nervous I became, not knowing when the end would come or what would happen, and overall I found it to be a very interesting and nerve racking experience.

Here is a video, but if you are interested in giving it a go I seriously suggest not watching it.

• Thumbs Up 1

No way man.

I have been warned about stairs.

They told me, dog.

From watching skipping to the end of the video, it seems like a pretty basic use of tension and psyching the player out, with a bit of a jump scare effect? I dunno I really don't feel I missed anything by not walking down stairs for 10+ minutes.

• Thumbs Up 7

I think the only thing worse than stairs in a horror game is a hospital or a school. Things NEVER turn out good in those places.

I'll check out the video for this game, though. Small things like this and that Elevator: Source thing that was around here not too long ago are stuff I find to be really interesting.

DOWNLOADAN', ALL OF MY HYPE

This is really interesting to me though, and can't wait to try it. The last little test simulation game I played was that one where you type anything as you visit these fighting couples' home, and I had a blast with it LOL. I'm excited to see how long I can last here, XD.

I like horror games... I hate stairs... :( There's always some little kid ghost shit thing that jumps out at me... I will watch the video, just cause.

So that was certainly an experience. Good at building atmosphere, although I was expecting a bigger payoff.

The last little test simulation game I played was that one where you type anything as you visit these fighting couples' home, and I had a blast with it LOL.

So that was certainly an experience. Good at building atmosphere, although I was expecting a bigger payoff.what the actual f-

Link please.

• Thumbs Up 1

This reminds me of Yahtzee's "3 types of horror games" joke he made once.

"The first kind would be where your in a dark room and a guy in scary mask jumps out of a closet going a-bloogy-wloogy-wloo: Your Doom 3

The second kind is where the monster isn't in the closet but is standing right behind you and you just know he's about to go a bloogy-woogy-woo and you start getting more tense etc etc."

Point is this game is invoking the second type.

I'd watch it right now but I'm about to go to bed.

First off, Wolfy, that Facade game is addictive.

Second, This is the first horror simulation to make me feel creeped out. I've only gotten as far to floor 24 before being too creeped out by the noises and moving shadows to continue tonight.

Definatley gotta try this again tomorrow...in the middle of the day.....when I can see my uh keyboard...

So I spent forever doing it and got to 205 before almost falling sleep, D;. I was hoping it'd end at 100...then 150 rolled around...then 200 LOL. So I said "ok done" XD.

The sounds are pretty creepy, but there just wasn't enough new stuff, I thought something WTF would happen, but nope, at least not on my play. I want to see teh end, but I'll probably just watch a video, it's too boring, D;.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...