Awoo.

Sega and NVIDIA announce March release date

StitchRS

Sonic's jump looks way less floaty when he's not in the water. Too bad the player's shit and we can't hear the music.

FFFFF Sonic still doesn't run in mid-air. This was something I loved in the Classics and that they got right in both versions of Generations. If Sonic runs off a ledge, he'd stay in his running animation. But in this, like E1 and Rush before it, he goes to "falling". Lame.

Doesn't look too bad, but still basically Episode 1 without uncurling.

Looks VERY purdy though. I was also trying to listen out for the music, couldn't make a lot out though unfortunately.

And I hate to sound like one of those stereotypical whiners, but a lot of it really did look like 'hold-right to win' gameplay. D:

Edited by Swiss

Does anyone else think those TV help/hint monitors are quite unessecary?

And that duo move, is it just me or does that seem far too powerful for how long it lasts and how it appears to have no negative effects when it's used.

But otherwise I really like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I couldn't hear shit. ;A; I barely understood what the guy was saying, my god was that place noisy! >.>

How come the bumper and ring sounds are so loud?? They drowned out the dude speaking. And the music~~~! ;_;

So the game is coming March huh? Or April. XP

If you can hear the music of the game, you can notice a pattern and way that the music is composed is actually ... The same as EP 1 .... LAME..

I think I heard dying cats, but I'm not 100% sure. Regardless, the drowing track is the same as the E1 version.

You know what very good thing I noticed? No fucking walking. Sonic goes straight from walking to a light jog and his acceleration is faster. That's an improvement.

BOING BOING BOING PFFFSHEEENG BOING BOING BOING FWOOSH BOP FWOOSH BOP BOING BOING PFSHEENG-

I like the sound design.

• Thumbs Up 6

"A New Frontier." The name's all right. Seems that each episode's first act will have a "new" something.

Those two moments where Sonic bounces on three 45 degree angle springs into a Dash Pad frustrates me though. The same method of progression could be made by just pressing the jump button when the higher terrain comes. Hopefully they are removed in the final build. And for the love of all that is holy, please tell me the player just wasn't pressing the directional pad when he hit the vertical springs when Sonic bounced up and simply stayed there D:

From what little I could hear from the music, I liked it. It's bouncy and lively, in contrast to the setting.

Where does it say March?

The wait won’t be too long – Sega tells us mid-April will be their target.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok well, there's more springs than I wanted to see. But if he doesn't stop in midair like Taxman said then it'll be a huge improvement. Couldn't make out the music at all, better not be cats again. March release date though, I did not see that coming at all...

Some of you guys must have the greatest ears ever because I couldn't hear crap aside from the guy talking and all dat backround noise. Aside from that, get rid of that speed booster that was in front of that loop and cut out some of those springs and were good. I liked the title card too.

Edited by Torcano Havoc

Where does it say March?

The title of the article says March, the article itself says mid-April, and the video says May, so it's hard to tell. Very confusing.

FFFFF Sonic still doesn't run in mid-air. This was something I loved in the Classics and that they got right in both versions of Generations. If Sonic runs off a ledge, he'd stay in his running animation. But in this, like E1 and Rush before it, he goes to "falling". Lame.

Where are you noticing this? I only see him rolling up hills, no running off them.

Edit: Oh wait you mean off of little edges too. I thought you were talking about running off ramps. Hopefully he still does wheel legs in air for them. He most likely won't though. :(

Edited by speedfreak

I've still got fingers crossed that it's due to being a rehash zone or because it's the first level. Frankly, I highly doubt it and am prepared to enjoy a game with slight improvements from Episode 1.

Edited by Cola

The title of the article says March, the article itself says mid-April, and the video says May, so it's hard to tell. Very confusing.

Who wants to say they just picked just springs and boost pads to make the trailer look cool?

"Oh but Blue Blood, it's just the first level!"

No.

Where are you noticing this? I only see him rolling up hills, no running off them.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

Lots of springs and shit, not impressed. It looks like it controls better, but it's really hard to tell. The problem with shit players is you can't tell if it's control issues or the players being really stupid. Looks really nice though, and the drowning music is clearly Episode 1's as expected. I hope that doesn't mean all the music is fake Mega Drive synth city.

I'm not convinced yet. I'm convinced it's improved, sure, and I'm convinced it won't be the Sonic 4 it "should be", but I'm yet to be convinced it'll be great in it's own right. That's my main concern now. I REALLY want to like this.

Edited by Semi-colon e