Awoo.

Knuckles' Chaotix for XBLA/PSN?

Knuckles' Chaotix was a Sonic game released for the Sega 32X, an add-on to the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. The 32X was meant to revive the Genesis, as it was in fierce competition with the SNES. When the console was released in 1994, it was considerably slumping in sales in NA, Japan, and Europe altogether. In 1995, Knuckles' Chaotix was released for the 32X in order to spark more interest in the system for Sonic fans, the the general public. Reception of the game was mixed, as people were not very familiar with the new rubber band gimmick, the two player system, and did not like the games slower pace. By the end of the 32X's lifespan, the console had only sold 665,000 units. Then on, the game went on to be mostly forgotten by the public. Releasing the game could be a good idea, since the game hasn't had a chance outside of the 32X, and was supposed to be on Sonic Gems Collection.

The game could be ported the way it was before, or be given the Taxman treatment, like they did with the 2011 port of Sonic CD. The game would be optimized for widescreen support, and release on Xbox Live Arcade, Playstation Network, Windows Phone, Android, iOS, & possibly the Wii U. After completing the game, you can choose to play as Tails, and Sonic could replace Mighty (or both could be separate characters). Doing this would let SEGA make a quick buck & people would be introduced to one of the relatively forgotten games of the Classic Era.

Your thoughts, and ideals on this?

I don't really care about it. It's not a very good game, it's not an important game, it's very likely not canon...it's basically just an oddity, too weird to bring back, too rare to let go of.

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually enjoyed Chaotix a good amount so I would like this.

Edited by The Grossenator
  • Thumbs Up 7

To me the only Sonic game that needs a psn/XBLA port would have to be SA2. It's a more notable and important title than Knuckles chaotix. It would make more sales probably as well. That and i agree with Naka and Dio.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 1

Trust me, it's not worth a port. The gimmick with the rings was annoying at times, and the levels were giant, but very repetitave and boring; and its a challenge to try to even die due there being barley any enemies.

I say this from owning the damn thing. Its alright, but I don't think it's a good idea to port it.

I've never played Knuckles Chaotix, so I wouldn't know about it's shiityness. But that's not to say I'm afraid to give it a go. I've withstood '06, I can withstand anything.

A new 2D Sonic game that takes place at the same location as Knuckles Chaotix would be awesome though. I loved the visuals and music of that game, and to make a new 2D game using the same visual and musical assets would be awesome given the level designs were different (read: good) and the game has a more linear, cohesive structure than that level randomizer.

I wouldn't trust Sega to do such a game though. A fangame perhaps?

Edited by Machenstein

I can't imagine bringing it back would do any harm... but I don't think it'll be very popular. It wasn't that good of a game. It's better left as part of a collection title. Like Gems. Which they should've done. In the first place.

Why didn't they do... nevermind.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Iizuka actually commented on this already, saying they had no plans to do something like this. Personally, I think the game is balls, so I wouldn't bother giving it a download.

Iizuka never said anything on the original, he just said that he'd always wanted to do something like a KC 2 but it wasn't greenlit.

I'm half expecting them to remake it and then shoe-horn it as the prequel to S4 Episode 3, claiming the game took place at the same time as Sonic's story in S3.

• Thumbs Up 7

They've bothered rereleasing all the other crappy games from the classic Sonic era (Labyrinth, anyone?). Why not Chaotix?

They've bothered rereleasing all the other crappy games from the classic Sonic era (Labyrinth, anyone?). Why not Chaotix?

If they can work that strange otherworldly magic they used on Sonic CD to make it not complete shit then sure, I might consider buying it on the PSN/XBLA, though it's going to take much more than fixing the physics this time around.

That's a really big "might" though.

Iizuka never said anything on the original, he just said that he'd always wanted to do something like a KC 2 but it wasn't greenlit.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Knuckles' Chaotix port, I've never played it, so it would be good to experience the game first hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

But Taxman did an amazing job on the SCD remake. That said, I think SEGA is more than capable of making a great remake/port of this themselves, they just need to put effort into it.

I'm half expecting them to remake it and then shoe-horn it as the prequel to S4 Episode 3, claiming the game took place at the same time as Sonic's story in S3.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Knuckles' Chaotix port, I've never played it, so it would be good to experience the game first hand.

Since when is adding Tails (minus an ending), adding an additional 3 - 4 second jingle to some of the classic tracks to call them your own and slapping your name on a project already 99.5% completed by other people considered an amazing job?

It's more than that, dude. In addition to adding the Sonic 2 spindash he also created a new engine for the game and I think they also fixed some of the physics issues and collision dectection issues (Which was kind of a big problem with the original SCD).

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes