Awoo.

Trailer

Woun

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, Woun. A few new tracks their with some cool new gimmicks :D We also hear some more of Sonic's grunts and one of Eggman's :)

0:25

metalsonic.png

Goddammit Sega! NOW you include him?! And why do you decide to make Riders look interesting NOW?! Come on you fucking trolls!!!

Also this game actually looks interesting. Only problem is the gameplay looks fucking shit. Seriously, lava track at the end with some pretty sick looking track layout, WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE THE GAME PLAY GOOD!?!?

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, Woun. A few new tracks their with some cool new gimmicks :D We also hear some more of Sonic's grunts and one of Eggman's :)

"SWITCH!"

It would amuse me endlessly if Eggman's voice work was all recycled from the older games, so we'd be hearing random clips of Deem Bristow alongside the new cast.

I'm liking the look of the new tracks... that lava track reminds me a lot of Flame Core or The Cauldron. I don't think there's ever been a fire-themed track in the Riders series before, has there? There have been plenty of ice tracks, but the one in the trailer definitely looks cool. Dammit, game, stop being enticing. You know I can't buy you.

EDIT: Metal Sonic? Oh, man, please give us the Chaotix, too. Please?

Edited by Octarine

Woo-hoo! Metal Sonic is in it! I LOVE the game ^_^!

Ah, wait..I haven't seen any cutscenes [CG or with ingame grahics] yet.. Well, Sega, will you show me some? :P

EDIT: Metal Sonic? Oh, man, please give us the Chaotix, too. Please?

I swear to god if they are in THIS game I will rage so hard. That might've given me a reason to grit my teeth and bear with the bland as hell looking gameplay and try it out for the Chaotix, but I wouldn't be able to because A] it's on fucking Kinect and B] IT'S ON THE FUCKING KINECT!

• Thumbs Up 1

0:25

metalsonic.png

Goddammit Sega! NOW you include him?! And why do you decide to make Riders look interesting NOW?! Come on you fucking trolls!!!

Also this game actually looks interesting. Only problem is the gameplay looks fucking shit. Seriously, lava track at the end with some pretty sick looking track layout, WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE THE GAME PLAY GOOD!?!?

Good eye!

METAL FREAKING SONIC!

Damn! Now I NEED this game AND SOME MONEY FOR IT AND KINECT! :(

Good eye!

METAL FREAKING SONIC!

Damn! Now I NEED this game AND SOME MONEY FOR IT AND KINECT! :(

It's amazing how just one character (and one that is essentially just a robot clone of the main protagonist, at that) can have such an impact on people :P

Edited by Doctor MK

Metal Sonic proves that more characters = more people will buy a game. ^^ Cause you know..Every character has his/her fans. Thank you, Metal Sonic for explaining such an obvious thing to the Sonic fandom.

Metal Sonic says that having only Sonic as a playable character is NO GOOD. xD

P.S. Ah, Doctor MK was quicker xD.

Edited by ArtFenix

So watching that trailer... If I buy Kinect and this game, and the following doesn't happen I want a full refund.

* I can jump in the air as high as that dude without crashing through my bedroom floor.

* I can jump in the air as high as that dude without someone in the house yelling "STOP RUDDY JUMPING ABOUT YOU'LL COME THROUGH THE CIELING YOU RUDDY MONKEY!"

* I can pull off those matrix style moves at the end without falling over.

* I can pull off those matrix style moves at the end without my knee snapping.

* I can pull off those matrix style moves at the end without my back going out.

* I can pull off those matrix moves.

* At the end of the first stage... I don't look like a human sweat box factory.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's amazing how just one character (and one that is essentially just a robot clone of the main protagonist, at that) can have such an impact on people :P

But i's METAL SAWNIK! What's not to love? :lol: He was awesome in Rivals 2 and ASR, so I welcome him in this racing game, too :P

• Bad Quality Post 1

I see:

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Eggman

Jet

Storm

Wave

Shadow

Rouge

Metal Sonic

those E-series Riders series bots

I think I see:

Cream (12 secs, far left)

picture1tqu.png

edit: yup, it's Cream, she returns at 28 secs above Sonic, and again at 45

picture2zi.png

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

GAH! I really should have held off making my article. I really didn't expect there to be more characters revealed in this trailer, since the Japanese one and the screenshots thus far haven't :lol:

But i's METAL SAWNIK! What's not to love? :lol: He was awesome in Rivals 2 and ASR, so I welcome him in this racing game, too :P

Kinect's price tag, the mediocre gameplay... need I go on? ;)

No bunch of pixels (or whatever the hell the character models are made up of these days) is going to make me buy into this.

Only Rosalina has that power.

Mwahaha.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If they cut the non-SEGA characters (which they probably did to separate this from the All-Star series) they should definitely fill those slots with Sonic characters. Metal is a lock, perhaps Espio, Vector with Charmy (Charmy probably wouldn't be too amazing on his own considering his size) and Big would be awesome. Might as well toss in Silver, Marine, Blaze and Fang since they nearly have the whole series cast anyway.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess I'll be the first to say it...didn't Sega say that there were going to be no new characters in Free Riders that weren't already playable in the series before? Guess they suddenly had extra time to include more characters, unless Metal Sonic's the only new addition and that's it. Definitely a good choice! And Shadow appears at 0:13 right after the guy does the boost. He's hard to see because of the blur effect though XD

Edited by Captain THPS4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now i just need to see GameplayMan and ControllerDood in the game to convince me of buying the 360 to get the game.

Friggin' AWESOME! Metal Sonic! I can't wait to see if they add any other familiar faces to the roster. I do not regret putting this on my christmas list!

I can't see Rouge... I saw Shadow, Metal and Cream...could you post a Rouge's image?

She's at the beginning of the trailer. Hard to see, due to the boosting.

rougefreeriders.jpg

thanks!!! My Rouge is back ;)

I heard that SEGA said there are going to be 16 Sonic char, exluding the avatars...so I think

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Jet

Wave

Storm

Eggman

Shadow

Rouge

Cream

Silver