Community Status Updates

Photo

Jackstraw

i had almost forgotten how fricking good Rango is so good good
Today, 05:49 AM
Photo
Photo

Ogilvie

I personally dislike the term feminism because to me it puts a focus on the female half of the equation. Though men are as a whole more privileged, the legacy of separate spheres runs deep and both sexes encounter their own unique issues because of it.
Today, 05:38 AM
  • Mega's Photo
    Mega
    It's because femininity is seen as inferior due to society's standard, which sucks like hell. My observation is this: society wants men to be soldiers. At least, that's how it is in the US.
    Today, 05:50 AM
  • Ogilvie's Photo
    Ogilvie
    That sounds about right.

I guess the idea is a woman can act masculine but will still remain a woman and can be written off as being "broken" essentially. Since she's seen as inferior to begin with, that doesn't raise as many issues.

Given gender identity issues were classed as mental illnesses up until recently... that is most likely the reason.
    Today, 05:52 AM
  • Brad's Photo
    Brad
    Feminists just want equality of the sexes. This has a primary focus on females because they are underprivileged - they have every right to ask for that focus over the males since they already live in a world where males are the dominant gender and majoritively have it better off.
    Today, 05:52 AM
Photo

Tenth Rate T-Min

HAHA, OKAY, I. WANT. PIE. ANYONE ELSE WANT PIE?! I. WANT. PIE!
Today, 05:38 AM
Photo

MegaMonster54

Ah great, The Amazing Atheist got me to defend the feminists. And I hate Feminists!
Today, 05:31 AM
  • Ogilvie's Photo
    Ogilvie
    MegaMonster, what I mean is a lot of people identify as feminists and comments like that can quickly cause problems. You may as well say "I hate atheists" or "I hate Christians." Just be careful with comments like that, okay?
    Today, 05:48 AM
  • Brad's Photo
    Brad
    Well, you're effectively saying "I hate that women want equal rights!" when you say you hate feminists, which makes you sound like garbage

Careful with your words and don't group assholes in with people who actually pursue feminism positively thanks
    Today, 05:48 AM
  • xxX_MLG_Solkia_Xxx's Photo
    xxX_MLG_Solkia_Xxx
    @Ogilvie until about a year ago the latter was thrown around a lot here and no one said anything :U
    Today, 05:51 AM
Photo

Eggman'sbiggestfan

This is the plot for Simpsorama (Simpsons Futurama crossover episodes) The Simpsons meet the Planet Express crew when Bender comes back in time to kill Bart in order to prevent him from doing something that will make the future look really bad. I think Bart is dying
Today, 05:26 AM
  • Eggman'sbiggestfan's Photo
    Eggman'sbiggestfan
    Correction http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/it-looks-like-krusty-the-clown-is-the-major-simpsons-character-death-9617905.html
    Today, 05:29 AM
  • Nepenthe's Photo
    Nepenthe
    Please don't spam the status updates. Just hit the send button once, and your status will send. This has been a recurring problem and I want to see it rectified.
    Today, 05:31 AM
Photo

Eggman'sbiggestfan

This is the plot for Simpsorama (Simpsons Futurama crossover episodes) The Simpsons meet the Planet Express crew when Bender comes back in time to kill Bart in order to prevent him from doing something that will make the future look really bad. I think Bart is dying
Photo

Eggman'sbiggestfan

Photo

ZayshoDr Uni

Happy birthday, Uni!
Photo

Jetronic

*sees that JPN Bayonetta 2 has English and Japanese voices/subtitles....and we still are waiting a month for it*
Today, 05:25 AM
Photo

PSI Wind

Much war. Very Diamond Doge. Wow.
Today, 05:19 AM
Photo

Dr Uni

Good night, everyone, see ya tomorrow.
Today, 05:09 AM
Photo

Victoes

I'm so fucking bored. -_-
Today, 05:08 AM
Photo

Dejimon11

At this point I've given up on super secret crisis war. Seems like every idw crossover I've read it comes off as a quick cash in. I'm still hoping that the ghostbusters/tmnt one is good
Today, 05:07 AM
  • Zaysho's Photo
    Zaysho
    I completely forgot the Ghostbusters thing was coming up. I spend too much on comics monthly as it is, so I might just wait for the trade.
    Today, 05:25 AM
  • Zaysho's Photo
    Zaysho
    Sorta interested in that crossover though, if only because I enjoy both Waltz's and Burnham's writing on TMNT, so them teaming up for something should be really cool.
    Today, 05:27 AM
Photo
  • goku262002's Photo
    goku262002
    ???
    Today, 04:58 AM
  • Jords's Photo
    Jords
    The metal Pikachu. Doesn't it look weird? Would you wanna catch it?
    Today, 05:02 AM
  • DaBatGuy's Photo
    DaBatGuy
    4x weakness to ground? Why would I want an even weaker pikachu?
    Today, 05:10 AM