...all of them?
I'm just going to grab a few random ones to go into, for now.
1. Eggman: Stop failing so much. Obviously he's going to lose in the end, but too often we end up with some monster going rogue in the last few minutes and Eggman is just about forgotten. Colors was good, showed he could still pull off the final boss role in a major game, so keep the momentum going.
2. Metal Sonic: So much potential squandered. Make him a common character rather than an ultra-rare. Make him Eggman's main lackey, with a strong desire to fight Sonic even if it clashes with Eggman's orders. Nothing's going to be ruined by making him appear more often, because he ain't worth shit as it is.
3. Tails: Have him take a more active role. He's shifted into more of a support role as time went on, but he should still be out there busting robot butt even if he isn't as good at it as the series' heavy hitters. That's not to say he should abandon his tech-head role, but it should be complimentary to his more active heroism, not a replacement.
4. Rouge: Be more independent, and more morally ambiguous. Lately she's been little more than a buddy for Shadow; she needs to have her own goals, among them being a thief again.
5. Knuckles: Less comic relief. He can still be the dimmest bulb of Team Sonic (especially when it comes to things outside his areas of expertise), but he shouldn't be just the strong-but-dumb sort of character. I'm not too worried about justifying his appearance since he missed out on Unleashed and Colors, but for the long term they should do more to justify him showing up rather than forcing him in with little or no explanation.
6. Amy: Less clingy. Let her mature a bit in her pursuit of Sonic; she can still chase after him, but it shouldn't be such a lame and predictable joke. Make her an accepted member of Sonic's circle of friends, even though her crush annoys him.
7. Big: Show up more. Not as a major character, but more like how he was hidden in SA2 and SatSR. It was a fun gag and I kind of miss it.
I'm surprised Shadow wasn't on your list.
Anywho may as well throw my two cents.
Sonic: For a guy who's supposed to be labeled impatient he sure doesn't show it a lot, I want to see the irritable side of Sonic, what annoys him, what gets under his skin. I don't want him to be hot headed like Knuckles, but show that even he has things that set him over the top.
Tails: Needs a more active role, as people as said he's mostly mission control now which kind of goes against the becoming a hero thing that he went through in Sa1. I understand that he's become smarter and tends to rely on his mental skills to make up for his lack of power compared to his peers, but he shouldn't be dominated by them removing him from field work. People tend to see his technical side as a bad thing, I don't I see it as a compliment to his character development, its only when he's been reduced to a walking encyclopedia is when I get annoyed. Colors was better when it came to his relationship with Sonic, but he still kinda felt like mission control. He's there just not quite.
Amy: Less Psycho Stalker please. I understand she loves Sonic, but that doesn't mean she needs to be a parody of herself, its insulting and to be honest the joke is stale. I don't mind her clinginess and mood swings, but they need to be toned down to a tolerable level to the point where she can actually have a conversation with Sonic without her delving into "ZOMG SONIKKU I LUV YOU", she also needs other goals aside from getting into Sonic's pants, I mean whatever happen too becoming independent?
Knuckles: Less stupid, more badass. I mean seriously before Shadow ever came onto the scene Knuckles was the series resident badass, and they treat him like crap for the sake of a joke, its infuriating. I don't mind him being the butt of a few jokes, especially its between him and Sonic, but it needs to be balanced out by actual usefulness, in almost every game he's in nowadays he's just there to be laughed at or taken advantage of, never really doing anything. More emphasis needs to go towards his role as a guardian, its a key part of his character and shouldn't be forgotten. I really don't care how he shows up as long as he's doing something important.
Eggman: He really needs to step up his game, because he's always upstaged by some other villain whenever he appears nowadays. I don't mind there being other villains aside from Eggman, but they shouldn't upstage him reducing him to nothing more than nuisance. His plans are ok, he just needs to be in control of them and not
let them spiral out of control, you have an IQ of 300, I wished you act like it.
Metal Sonic: Needs more appearances. Let him be Eggman's second in command who does his bidding, but he can also have a desire to beat Sonic which conflicts with Eggman's plans. Give him an actual personality too, I mean he's Sonic's doppelganger so he should have an evil twist on Sonic's personality, it would make his rivalry with Sonic a lot more meaningful.
Shadow: Dude needs to lighten up, I understand he's had a hard life but that doesn't mean every scene with him has to be serious business. Show he has a sarcastic and witty side, while still maintaining his stoic attitude. Have him throw an insult to the absurdity around him once in a while, put him in ridiculous situations, something to lighten the mood with this guy.
Rouge: Needs more independence. Her role can be summed up as Shadow's hoe, and nothing else. I don't mind her and Shadow being close friends, but they need to show her actually having some independence from him. Give her back that moral ambiguity, and seductive nature along with a witty sense of humor, have stealing more, show the grey side of her personality, show the bickering between her and Knuckles again.
Edited by Shadic93, 09 August 2011 - 12:58 AM.