Awoo.

Epic Mickey 2

Trixie the Great

OH MY GOD!

Handdrawn sprites?! Seriously, I'm so hyped right now, heck, I prefer this over the console version right now! Can't wait!

How about some screens? (The first one is courtesy of GoNintendo and the rest are mine. Apologies for the cruddy quality of mine.)

tr.jpg

HNI_0064-2.jpg

HNI_0061-2.jpg

HNI_0066-3.jpg

HNI_0067-2.jpg

HNI_0069-1.jpg

HNI_0068-3.jpg

I'm really liking the looks of the 3DS version. I love that it's an actual follow up to the classic Illusion games and the sprite look is incredibly charming. Definitely looking forward to picking it up. :)

Wow. that is awesome. An console sequel to a game I loved that's making improvements from the first one and it's handheld version is not only also a sequel to said game but also a sequel to an awesome old game on the genesis and it has hand drawn sprites.

It's a good time to be a fan of Mickey Mouse.

Holy... !That looks like a game! Not just a retro-style game, but a legitimately retro game as I used to know them. <3

Edited by HYDROCITEE

Welp, looks like the 3DS version will be superior. Camera controls and co-op aren't going to make the level design and missions of Epic Mickey any better, so I'm not yet convinced that the console version will be a huge improvement as so far it just looks like more of the same. The handheld version however looks pretty good and has a good developer behind it, so I am excited for that version.

I though that was Castel of Illusions until I noticed the brush and that is a good thing.

Also is that Scrooge Motherfucking Duck I see there? >: )

So freakin' beautiful. The minute I can get a pre-order for this sucker on, it's HAPPENING.

Edit:This was totally the best topic ever to make my 100th post on.

Edited by Katzii

You know what? This is awesome, because the 3DS version won't be some crappy port..But more of it's own sequel to Castle of illusions (sorta..), which makes things pretty fresh and interesting.

Did I just see Scrooge, holly crap, that's amazing!

Dreamrift was a great choice for a handheld version. They're one of the only companies (along with Wayforward) around that I believe develop legitimately old school games.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

It's like Kingdom Hearts, but with an actual Disney charm!!

If I have it my way, it won't be anything like the dreck that is Kingdom Hearts.

If I have it my way, it won't be anything like the dreck that is Kingdom Hearts.

Don't get me wrong I like kingdom hearts a lot. But the final fantasy like characters just mess up the Disney like feel of the game for me a little bit. And the fact that I'm not that big on sora as a character doesn't help. But hey that's just me.

I hope at least one of the titles are at PAX East, though I have to admit I'm more excited about Power of Illusion right now!

Don't get me wrong I like kingdom hearts a lot. But the final fantasy like characters just mess up the Disney like feel of the game for me a little bit. And the fact that I'm not that big on sora as a character doesn't help. But hey that's just me.

I think one of the main reasons I don't like Kingdom Hearts is that every other Disney game that comes out constantly gets compared to it, Epic Mickey probably more so than any other I've seen. I just want to play Disney games without rubbish Square (Enix) characters shamelessly being shoe-horned into them.

I think one of the main reasons I don't like Kingdom Hearts is that every other Disney game that comes out constantly gets compared to it, Epic Mickey probably more so than any other I've seen. I just want to play Disney games without rubbish Square (Enix) characters shamelessly being shoe-horned into them.

The main reason Kingdom Hearts even exists is because Japan LOVE Disney. And I mean really love Disney. Hell, so much that the Final Fantasy stuff is severely downplayed compared to the Disney content, to the point where you could get rid of the FF stuff and nobody would really notice, though besides the uneven representation, KH has only used post-FFVII characters, though, aside from one cameo from Setzer, and 3D is focusing on TWEWY for the Square characters this time, which is sweet. Say what you will about Final Fantasy after VI, but TWEWY is awesome.

Kingdom Hearts' main problem isn't the crossover aspect, it's actually its own hilariously convoluted mythology, which is made much worse by how it's spread out across multiple consoles and handhelds. So much so that 3D decided to introduce a codex so newcomers could actually understand what the hell is going on in the series.

Really, it's nice that there are actual Disney games based off older animated material that don't have to play up a crossover aspect just to sell. Well, in the US, anyways - last I checked, the FF aspect is played up in US marketing, while it's the Disney side that's played up instead over in Japan, because the Japanese eat that shit up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw on dA some fanart for the game, and in the description the artist had stated that since this is a spiritual sequel to CoI, then the villain is most certainly Regina Grimhilde from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

Nintendo Power confirms that the villain is the evil witch Mizrabel. (Who, yes, is the witch from Snow White who was also the main villain in Castle of Illusion.)

The portable game looks charming, beautiful and fun. Quite the contrast with the unimpressive home console version's screens, trololol.

And given that Castle of Illusion is the best Mickey game I could potentially buy this.