Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

Only fighters I enjoy are Street Fighter, the rest seem either really chunky or feeble and infinite air juggling-ish.

Now with one of my favorite RPGs thrown in and mixed with JoJo's gameplay, could have potential... But from what I've seen it looks like some user-made Mugen with Persona characters.

Edited by CornP

Atlus just announced on their Facebook that this game is coming out Summer 2012 in North America. No I'm not kidding.

http://www.facebook.com/AtlusUSA

Estimated release date right now according to GameStop is August 7.

Aww YEAH!!!! Now just give me Persona 4 The Golden Atlus so I can import both at once!

*Sees (yes I really did it here) that Atlus has Facebook*

THE HELL? I havent liked this yet?! *Likes*

EDIT: Troll huh? And I'vd fallen for it. I feel ashamed

Edited by HUNTER297

Aww YEAH!!!! Now just give me Persona 4 The Golden Atlus so I can import both at once!

*Sees (yes I really did it here) that Atlus has Facebook*

THE HELL? I havent liked this yet?! *Likes*

EDIT: Troll huh? And I'vd fallen for it. I feel ashamed

No, he's correct. Facebook doesn't allow direct links, I guess.

p4arena_faithful_announce_alt_1-620x.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

36949a7b4e9ee0433b99b6de7d0ff3b31330567254_full.jpg

So apparently, her name is Labrys. She's an original character and new to the world of Persona. Sporting a Yasogami High Uniform, she claims to be the student body president.

She looks like a P4 version of Aigis, mainly because they're both robots.

Screens:

f167af00ae363bd6b219e54b08a689b61330567275_full.jpg

5b83c9c46f1c436d687ec995f97bf8db1330567292_full.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

She's in Persona 5.

Calling it.

Would she be though? she's wearing the same uniform as the kids in P4. I doubt the next game would be set in that town again.

more likely she's a fight game original character

She's going to be in the VIta remake of Persona 4, calling it now.

And a Summer release? ALL OF MY YES,.

Its kinda offtopic but am I the only one who cant find Atlus USA FB page? I mean I cant find it with search function and when I use direct links it re-directs me to front page of FB. Whats going on?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some new teasers have come out for the story mode. Get excited guys, it looks like they're actually taking it seriously:

It's not often you see fighting games with a lot of emphasis on story. (Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?)

I just hope they can get most, if not all of the English cast back for this.

It's not often you see fighting games with a lot of emphasis on story. (Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?).

Well there's Tekken, Guilty Gear, and Blazblue for one.

Does it ever explain why Yu is back in Inaba anyway?

Well there's Tekken, Guilty Gear, and Blazblue for one.

Does it ever explain why Yu is back in Inaba anyway?

It's not often you see fighting games with a lot of emphasis on story. (Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?)

I just hope they can get most, if not all of the English cast back for this.

It's been confirmed that they're returning for the English dub of the anime, so I don't see why they wouldn't come back for Arena.

I heard something about Chie's voice actress retiring, but I'm not sure if it was legit or not.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, Erin Fitzgerald is voicing her in Arena. I don't know who voiced her in the original game though.

Edited by Dissident

Looks like Dave Wittenburg isn't Teddie anymore. Nothing huge, but it'll take some getting used to, on my part.

Ergh...Dan no like voice actor changes...unless done so well that Dan not notice. Otherwise Dan never get used too...

I heard something about Chie's voice actress retiring, but I'm not sure if it was legit or not.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, Erin Fitzgerald is voicing her in Arena. I don't know who voiced her in the original game though.

According to a website I sometimes check, (which is not always reliable) called IMDb. (Internet Movie Database) Chie's actress was called Danielle Judovits. She voiced Tenten from Naruto for years. But interestingly, is not listed in anything in 2012. Which hints toward what you heard being true. But she is only 27 years old...maybe just wants a career change?

Teddie's new voice is unbearable.

It's been confirmed that they're returning for the English dub of the anime, so I don't see why they wouldn't come back for Arena.

Edited by Illuminous_Orb
  • Thumbs Up 1

Duly noted on Blazblue. The story there is really good. Unlike Blazblue though, this game's plot is going to be written by the guys responsible for Persona 4. I can't wait to see how the Persona 3 characters have grown two years after The Answer, and I'm really looking forward to the dialogue between Yu and the rest of the team.

If its written by the same guys who did the anime, I think we're good.

Regarding Yu being back in Inaba, it's because Teddie suddenly disappeared from Inaba just like the people that were kidnapped in Persona 4. Everyone in the Investigation Team started watching the Midnight Channel again as a result, and saw that he was on there hosting a fighting tournament, and joined back together to rescue him. I don't know what roles the P3 characters serve though.

Ahh, thanks

Looks like Dave Wittenburg isn't Teddie anymore. Nothing huge, but it'll take some getting used to, on my part.

That sounds a lot like Yuri Lowenthal, you can just barly hear the Yosukse is Teddie's voice.

Now I'm worried. A cast without Johnny Yong Bosch, Troy Baker, and Laura Bailey is a cast I don't care for.

Now I'm worried. A cast without Johnny Yong Bosch, Troy Baker, and Laura Bailey is a cast I don't care for.

Don't worry Laura Bailey is still Rise, its good a thing too because I would've had to switch to Japanese if not for that. Now give me Johnny and Troy then I'll be a happy lad.

That sounds a lot like Yuri Lowenthal, you can just barly hear the Yosukse is Teddie's voice.

I think he sounds more like Sam Riegel.

Then again, a lot of those "I'M A QUIRKY COMICAL MALE ANIME CHARACTER WOOoooo0OOAAAH" voices do tend to sound somewhat similar to me.

Edited by gunthər

Don't worry Laura Bailey is still Rise

Oh, derp. I forgot Rise talked for half of that video. Yeah, that's definitely Laura.