Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

While the knowledge of PS3 region locking has been known of for some time, are you fucking kidding me?

Atlus, one of the companies who've had the most to achieve from PS3 games not being region locked actually starts giving a shit about the fact that their EU licensed publishers are absolutely pathetic in meeting deadlines, release windows and gaining publishing rights?

While Zen United are doing their hardest to get games to us in time (

) and the release window in Europe is also August, this is still pretty fucking low for a company who has done absolutely no effort in getting their games released under an EU branch. Even NIS America goes through the time and effort to publish their games in two regions, and they're mostly a niche publisher. The fact that Atlus can't manage that is fucking ridiculous.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Never thought I'd say this much less about an Atlus game but I hope this bombs hard. Super hard.

I'd like to see how much extra trouble did they have to go to enable the locking mechanism and wonder whether those efforts wouldn't be better put into having a fucking EU distribution office (or working with their partners so we don't have to get SMT games 6-12 months after everyone else).

http://www.crunchyro...ena-region-lock

Hmm...makes some sense I guess...

... Alright Atlus, I forgive you. A region-locked game coming within the same week is better than a region-free one coming months later for the sake of sales.

But I'm only forgiving you because you're Atlus. Don't goof up again. ;-;

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.crunchyro...ena-region-lock

Hmm...makes some sense I guess...

... Alright Atlus, I forgive you. A region-locked game coming within the same week is better than a region-free one coming months later for the sake of sales.

But I'm only forgiving you because you're Atlus. Don't goof up again. ;-;

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. That's bullshit. The only reason the game is region locked is so the guys in Japan can continue gouging the shit out of their local prices, ripping off region fans while the rest of the world gets fucking boned because atlus probably has a contract clause fucking over Zen and preventing them from releasing the game in a reasonable timeframe, too.

this thing has gone on for a long time in Australia, with us receiving identical product months later. It's just sleazy anti consumer bollocks

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so beary excited for this game! I can't wait to get my paws on it! The wait is just unbearable! I...

aw screw these puns, here's a Teddie video.

Being someone who has followed this game incredibly closely from announcement to Japanese release and onward, I simply can't get anything out of these videos Atlus USA is releasing outside of.. localized move names, I guess.

Teddie's new English VA is off-putting. Not that I wasn't planning on switching to the Japanese audio regardless. Used to the JP cast.

P.S. If you're getting beat really badly on PSN by a Teddie when the game releases, it's probably me.

Edited by Chooch

P.S. If you're getting beat really badly on PSN by a Teddie when the game releases, it's probably me.

This sounds like a challenge good sir.

Well to compensate our waiting time, we shall duel in UMvC3/Blazblue/Skullgirls you may choose your battlefield.

In cas you were wondering, my PSN is in my sig.

Opening animation!

by the way Akihiko's gonna be my main dude. Can' wait to play with you guys!

Moar trailer time.

It's so weird hearing Yu with actual dialog (in English), but JYB works for him. I kinda like it.

Holy hell did that trailer get me pumped. I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this. 8D

Can't believe people are really putting the game down and going as far as hoping it fails due to a measly region lock. Yeah, I can understand why it sucks but it is what it is.

Wasn't intending to get this game since I never touched Persona before, but my friends talked me into it, so I will be picking it up for the sheer factor that it's a arcs system fighting game.

Wasn't intending to get this game since I never touched Persona before, but my friends talked me into it, so I will be picking it up for the sheer factor that it's a arcs system fighting game.

You may as well play Persona while you're at it, it's a damn good series.

You may as well play Persona while you're at it, it's a damn good series.

I got P3 sitting here... maybe I should start playing it.

Suggestions on which one I should start on?

I got P3 sitting here... maybe I should start playing it.

Suggestions on which one I should start on?

Either the FES or the PSP remake, whichever you prefer.

I recommend FES absolutely as it's probably my favourite RPG ever.

Just be wary, it's a bigass game

I recommend FES absolutely as it's probably my favourite RPG ever.

Just be wary, it's a bigass game

It's a long ass game.

Aigis and Labrys have gotten their story mode clips uploaded. Gotta say, I'm pleased. I didn't think they would have their own stories.

I don't really have anything interesting to add, or understand the region lock thing...

I just came to say I pre-ordered my PS3 copy of Persona 4 Arena at Amazon. It says August 31st for release, lets hope that doesn't change. Just spotted in the description, it says "Full Persona 4 cast returns, including Yosuke, Kanji, Naoto and Teddie – and will feature the original voice actors." *ahem...* http://www.amazon.co...43159032&sr=8-1

As for who I would play as...I'm not sure...I like them all equally. It might end up coming down to who I can perform best with, even though fighters aren't my strongest genre. So if your playing against an opponent who is pretty useless, it could be me.

On a side note, there is a Persona 3 main character I despise, but to explain why, would mean heavy spoilers...

On a side note, there is a Persona 3 main character I despise, but to explain why, would mean heavy spoilers...

You've caught my attention. Spoiler tag it. tongue.png

Darn you! XD

...okay, but I'll add filler for the sake of not only having a post with a spoiler tag in it.

I do love the promo art, and I just spotted this amusing pic of Teddie.

61d737bf1799ce8d360c8c8e351fc501-620x.jpg

And this is pretty darn cool too.

2262695-p4u_typeb_1920x1200.jpeg

I also just went to the official Atlus website and saw the US release date...slightly annoying, but I suppose it could have been worse...it has been before... http://www.atlus.com/p4arena/

The following is an expression of hate requested to share and can be disregarded by those that aren't interested. It also contains spoilers from Persona 3 FES and P3P.

Persona.4%3A.The.Ultimate.In.Mayonaka.Arena.full.1098394.jpg

Tada!! Okay, I'll be leaving now...

What? An explanation?! ...fine...

Perhaps what I said was slightly misleading as it wasn't until the addition of FES that the issue first came to be. With that being said, you might be able to guess where this is going, but you asked, so I gotta go through it regardless...

While P3P never really had the whole FES addition with the female MC. *Main Character* It stands to reason that she went through the same fate.

Funnily enough, playing through FES made me realize that the -self sacrificing hero- is the one big story arch type I hate the most. The whole "saving the world" thing no longer matters as it's what his action do to his friends that makes me lose all respect for him. Plus it is equally annoying that "I" as the MC, didn't make that choice. Nothing could change that...even though it is a "role" I am supposed to be "playing".

The blue haired ditz could have tried something else, there is always more options. Always!!

There is personal reasons why this gave me such a strong negative reaction too. As I've never been able to deal with the death of a loved one, and a part of me suspects I'm still plagued by the death of a loved one from over twelve years ago...

So basically, he made Aigis sad, he made Yukari sad, he made me sad and he made everyone else sad. I cannot forgive that...

Bizarrely, I have no malice towards Shinji...*shrug* But I did play P3P before FES, and learned it was possible to save him, (with female MC) so perhaps that is the reason? Plus he was badass. Who can hate a badass?

Edited by Classic Dan-ime