Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

The following is an expression of hate requested to share and can be disregarded by those that aren't interested. It also contains spoilers from Persona 3 FES and P3P.

Persona.4%3A.The.Ultimate.In.Mayonaka.Arena.full.1098394.jpg

Tada!! Okay, I'll be leaving now...

What? An explanation?! ...fine...

Perhaps what I said was slightly misleading as it wasn't until the addition of FES that the issue first came to be. With that being said, you might be able to guess where this is going, but you asked, so I gotta go through it regardless...

While P3P never really had the whole FES addition with the female MC. *Main Character* It stands to reason that she went through the same fate.

Funnily enough, playing through FES made me realize that the -self sacrificing hero- is the one big story arch type I hate the most. The whole "saving the world" thing no longer matters as it's what his action do to his friends that makes me lose all respect for him. Plus it is equally annoying that "I" as the MC, didn't make that choice. Nothing could change that...even though it is a "role" I am supposed to be "playing".

The blue haired ditz could have tried something else, there is always more options. Always!!

There is personal reasons why this gave me such a strong negative reaction too. As I've never been able to deal with the death of a loved one, and a part of me suspects I'm still plagued by the death of a loved one from over twelve years ago...

So basically, he made Aigis sad, he made Yukari sad, he made me sad and he made everyone else sad. I cannot forgive that...

Bizarrely, I have no malice towards Shinji...*shrug* But I did play P3P before FES, and learned it was possible to save him, (with female MC) so perhaps that is the reason? Plus he was badass. Who can hate a badass?

There were no other options. All of his friends were completely incapacitated from Nyx's attack, and his attempts at hurting Nyx resulted in nothing. The only option he had was using the Universe card, with the unfortunate side effect of draining all of his energy. It's not like he wanted to die.

That, and to despise a character because they died against their will doesn't really make sense to me, to be honest with you.

There were no other options. All of his friends were completely incapacitated from Nyx's attack, and his attempts at hurting Nyx resulted in nothing. The only option he had was using the Universe card, with the unfortunate side effect of draining all of his energy. It's not like he wanted to die.

That, and to despise a character because they died against their will doesn't really make sense to me, to be honest with you.

Dammit, I was afraid this would happen.

But first...

Just saw some alternate palettes for the first time. If your familiar with Arc's previous works, (which we all probably are) you might recognise the left and right one.

Capture25.jpg

I've spotted more I could post, assuming they already haven't been posted already...

He may not have wanted to die, but he still did it. Meaning he chose to do it. He wasn't forced to do it against his will. If it was me, (which it should've been) I would've faced that ugly f*cker on my own, and kicked it's ass with the power of social links that (apparently) make you stronger.

But y'know? I do think your right. I think I'm projecting all my hate on the character, when actually I should be hating the story and how it was developed, and the fact it screwed you out of seeing it through to it's conclusion as the person you started it as. I beat the sh*t out of something at the end of Persona 3 and I no longer know why or what the point of it was...I've already said who I would face if I was given the option. I don't care if it's real or fiction, there is always another option. If there isn't...then it's badly written...

Thankfully, Persona 4 was perfect in every possible way. :)

Eh, while I disagree, you're reasoning really just solidifies my distaste for The Answer. The best thing about Persona 3's ending was that despite it being very conclusive and strongly hinting at what happened, it'd still be perfectly reasonable to say that the MC survived the fight with Nyx. The Answer completely throws that out the window and confirms not only that he died, but that his friends are now at each others' throats for no reason (despite the touching "no matter what happens, we'll all stick together" scene near the end of the main arc). It's a completely unnecessary epilogue that throws away what made me love Persona 3's ending in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, this is interesting

Also, Elizabeth and the two Labrys' get their moveset video up.

Foosh~ XD

That freakin' Shadow Labrys finisher...the whole "fill-in-the-blank" aspect it has makes that shit look brutal as hell...

Also, I always love behind-the-scenes videos like those, since I have a big interest in voice acting (I would do it, but I don't have the voice for it :\ oh well...).

Aaaaand spoil'd!

Really liking the new Chie voice now. Sounds great. And Teddie's new voice sounds less forced then it did. (Maybe because it's trying to imitate a TV's sound...)

The plot looks interesting too, I NEED MORE.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be tempted to get this if I knew jack shit about the Persona universe, but bah... I am currently playing through 3 at the moment and making no progress at all due to my work schedule.

I picked up this game during my lunch hour,and hopefully I can get into it by the end of the day.

I'd be tempted to get this if I knew jack shit about the Persona universe, but bah... I am currently playing through 3 at the moment and making no progress at all due to my work schedule.

It's a long ass game, just a warning.

I picked up this game during my lunch hour,and hopefully I can get into it by the end of the day.

It's a long ass game, just a warning.

So I've heard, and I've got The Last Story arriving next week, so I've got one big ass plate of RPG's to get through (and yes after I beat 3 I'm immediately starting on 4).

Edit: Fuck it, I ordered the beast, it looks fun as hell. tongue.png I won't be playing it though... until I beat 3 and 4... give me a week... sweaty social reject gamer will make a comeback. :D

Edited by Noel Vermillion

Got done with the tutorial; starting Chie's story. The battle system's definitely very fun to mess around with, and I'm really glad they used a four-button format as opposed to six. My PSN name's in my sig, so just add me if you want to play. I probably won't bother with online until I've done a bit of the story though.

Guys, I think I love this game already:

(very very slight spoiler; it's a single line that has no bearing on the plot whatsoever in Chie's story)

"A fragrant, irresistible aroma flows in from the land outside...

Th-This smell...!

Steak!

I breathe deep, letting myself feel the steakiness in the air seeping into my body."

Jesus, so she's obessed with Steak now huh, hilarious. Hmm, who's arcade should I start with.

Gotta love that F'steak!

Anyways, I just got back from one of my friend's house. Since I grabbed this game today, me and a couple other people decided to dick around in Vs. Mode the whole time, and here are my thoughts:

I definitely see what they meant when they said that the game was more accessible, but they still managed to pull off the gameplay in a way that makes it really fun. The base gameplay is awesomely frantic. Had a lot of heart-pounding moments and got so into it that me and my friends were literally screaming at each other XD

The 4-button layout took a little bit of getting used to, especially when trying to figure out attacks, but it's still simple enough that I was pretty much able to jump straight into the game.

Verdict: IT'S GOT MY VOTE FOR BEST FIGHTING GAME OF THE YEAR (so far).

Jesus, so she's obessed with Steak now huh, hilarious. Hmm, who's arcade should I start with.

Practicing with Aigis right now, shooting things is fun.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

That's better then I thought it would be. Every time a fighting game is announced as delayed in europe I get chills and flashbacks to the original BB:CT release .... which was like a year late. I didn't think it would be that bad this time of course, but there's always a niggling fear of ridiculous release dates in the back of my mind.

Still would have liked to see it this month, but oh well, this is good too. :|