Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

Yeah it was, though I'm not sure the merger really made a difference.

Usually Arc and Atlus games take forever to get to Europe, but Ultimax took much quicker because SEGA Europe surprisingly stepped up to publish it both physically and digitally. They didn't publish it in JP or US, and they also screwed EU over with DLC.

I'm used to being screwed over by Arc and/or Atlus in Europe but even when Ultimax was brought over relatively quickly they still managed to find a way to fuck us over lol.

I'm not a big fan overall. I adore the spritework and some of the new music is cool, but the story is like a fanfic that doesn't nearly do P3 or P4 justice and the battle system is too complicated in design yet oversimplified in controls (which just doesn't mesh imo) for me to ever actually feel like I'm learning anything about the game.

Even though I went into the series loving Persona, this is easily the fighting game I actually follow I enjoy least.

P4Ultimax's story is bloody terrible also did I mention that. Arena's was ok and even good at times but god Ultimax's is just so so bad I'm embarrassed to have played it. Rushjob fanfic, feels like they only wrote it because they had to write it, etc.

Lastly fuck SEGA, Japan and US both got a bunch of DLC for free on launch but EU got jack shit, have to pay full price for ALL dat ondisc content. Fuckin lovely.

Battle system? Complicated?

EHYv7Ax.gif

go play guilty gear you casual

Real talk I get where you're coming from but every character might as well be a dumbed down Relius, which isn't really that difficult compared to a real puppet character. There's also Sho if you really don't want to use a Persona.

The oversimplified controls are a problem in itself. Who the fuck decided these games should have a mapped DP, Overhead DP with followup and a Dash button?

As for learning... It sorta depends on the character. A char like Yu heavily relies on the One More Burst, for instance, while Yosuke requires a lot of technique.

The story... Meh? It's obviously nothing compared to the real Persona games, but it's okay I guess.

I wouldn't know about the DLC because I've long lost trust in Atlus and Arc when it comes to Europe so I import my fighting games from Japan.

I'm used to being screwed over by Arc and/or Atlus in Europe but even when Ultimax was brought over relatively quickly they still managed to find a way to fuck us over lol.

atleast you dirty brits get the game

we belgians didn't even get BBCP, not even digitally

Battle system? Complicated?

go play guilty gear you casual

Real talk I get where you're coming from but every character might as well be a dumbed down Relius, which isn't really that difficult compared to a real puppet character. There's also Sho if you really don't want to use a Persona.

The oversimplified controls are a problem in itself. Who the fuck decided these games should have a mapped DP, Overhead DP with followup and a Dash button?

atleast you dirty brits get the game

we belgians didn't even get BBCP, not even digitally

Well hey there's a reason I don't use puppeteer characters in anything besides Smash Bros. P: I just find them pretty difficult to use.

And the oversimplified controls is exactly what I have a problem with though, it doesn't mesh with the game's mechanics. If the controls worked more like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear I could teach myself because I'd have a better idea of which button did what if the actions were more spread out. It's like that "Beginner" system on BlazBlue except you can't turn it off. I really suck at fighting games but I suck even more if it's not gonna let me learn how to combo by myself.

And I didn't even buy CP because of how annoyed I was with how Arc handled it in Europe (killed my hype and made waiting for Extend more bearable). Half the time it's not worth even getting excited for their games because whether or not they ever come to Europe is already pot luck ):

• Thumbs Up 1

Goddamn, even casuals hate this game and its designed for them. Arcsys, masters of game balance.

• Thumbs Up 1