Awoo.

Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Ultimate Harder)

Cephrien

Full resolution shots of P4U here. Man this game looks great.

The official website also updated. Here are a few interesting tidbits:

Reveals there will be 11 characters (no new ones unveiled).

Sample a track (pretty awesome, most likely stage music).

Characters are given two interesting classifications; Main Weapon and Type.

Protagonist; Katana, Standard Type.

Yosuke; Kunai, Speed Type.

Chie; Kicks, Kung Fu Rush Type.

Aegis; Firearms, Firearms + Mode Change Type.

The screenshots show that the Persona 4 protagonist is getting his name from the Persona 4 anime coming out later this year. Yu Narukami.

Edited by Chooch

Gameplay footage, honest to God gameplay footage!

And I'm lovin' that poem of evryone souls remix.

Edited by Balding Spider

Personally I think its a bit choppy, but then again it's not finished yet so theres plenty of time yet for polish. But for what its worth, if this sees an overseas release I'll be maining Yukiko with Yu on the side yeah.

edit: s-s-spelling and grammar

Edited by Edward_Elric

Personally I think its a bit choppy, but then again it's not finished yet so theres plenty of time yet for polish. But for what its worth, if this sees an overseas release I'll be maining Yukiko with Yu on the side yeah.

edit: s-s-spelling and grammar

It's no more choppy than any other ArcSys game captured on camera.

• 2 months later...

Wait,

Akihiko and Mitsuru

are playable characters? Sweet!

Also, high quality scans:

4mo0b1d443.jpg

4mo0b3d443.jpg

Edited by Dissident

OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

I must have missed this topic entirely since it's old as hell. And I don't know Persona at all so I know nothing about these characters, but I'm in love with Megaten in general (DS and non-Persona PS2 games) and Persona's been on my list. Guilty Gear X2 is also about the only fighter I consider perfect, and the marriage of the Megaten and ArcSys style should have happened fucking forever ago, it's like when they decided to put Dante from Devil May Cry in fucking Nocturne only 100 times more awesome and deserving of its own game. Just HOLY SHHHIIIII-

Edited by Dabnikz

• 2 months later...

Been some time since a legit update, let's bring a few things shall we?

1. New trailer - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=f3wI7RYwml0

2. Combo videos -

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded - Yu, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rs8imm8ESnY - Teddy, Naoto, Aigis, Mitsuru, and Akihiko

3. Comes to arcades in japan next month in March and to consoles during the summer of this year

4. Persona 4 : the golden on motorcycles as well as some pictures of the Vita version's new opening, animated by Mad House

• 2 weeks later...

A few hours ago, Atlus sent this email out to various media types around the world, it was just entitled _____

atlus_thumb.jpg

Then, someone played around with the contrast and discovered this hidden in the image....

atlus_thumb1.png

Then... someone else looked at the background image and discovered it matched this games logo!

So you might think, oh more info coming soon... well.... it might be something a little bit more epic than just new news. Like... worldwide release?

Just over an hour ago, it was announced that Atlus have a new distribution partner, you see, Atlus doesn't have the means to distribute games worldwide, quite often they have to find a distributor which can take a lot of time and sometimes doesn't happen at all... However, this distributor has a global distribution base of over 50 countries worldwide.

And I think most people here know them quite well... It's some company named Sega!

Atlus' new distributor is Sega! From April, Sega will be distributing Atlus' games worldwide as part of their new business relationship. So... if you add all this together, it might suggest that we'll be getting this game worldwide and we might actually start to see more Atlus games getting a worldwide release without having to wait for nearly a year before some other distributor watches the sales of the Japanese version and takes up a cheap unsupported risk.

Source

Edit: Over 12 hours after the deal was made, it turns out this is for Japan only,

"oh what a pitty" --- King Herrod, Jesus Christ Superstar.

Edited by Hogfather

A few hours ago, Atlus sent this email out to various media types around the world, it was just entitled _____

atlus_thumb.jpg

Then, someone played around with the contrast and discovered this hidden in the image....

atlus_thumb1.png

Then... someone else looked at the background image and discovered it matched this games logo!

So you might think, oh more info coming soon... well.... it might be something a little bit more epic than just new news. Like... worldwide release?

Just over an hour ago, it was announced that Atlus have a new distribution partner, you see, Atlus doesn't have the means to distribute games worldwide, quite often they have to find a distributor which can take a lot of time and sometimes doesn't happen at all... However, this distributor has a global distribution base of over 50 countries worldwide.

And I think most people here know them quite well... It's some company named Sega!

Atlus' new distributor is Sega! From April, Sega will be distributing Atlus' games worldwide as part of their new business relationship. So... if you add all this together, it might suggest that we'll be getting this game worldwide and we might actually start to see more Atlus games getting a worldwide release without having to wait for nearly a year before some other distributor watches the sales of the Japanese version and takes up a cheap unsupported risk.

Source

Wait so now we wont have to wait 3 years for Atlus games? HELL YEAH!!! SEGA is on a roll these days. First they become Japanese Publisher of EA and now Worldwide publishee for Atlus.

For my country its pretty nice. We got SEGA distributor here and they are pretty fast.

HOGFATHER!!!! You Motherfucker! I just checked and its Japanese only deal! Fuck! And I just got excited!!!

Sorry but man! Ugh... Sorry for calling you... You know.... I am just pissed off.... So much

Chill the fuck out.

Many sources on the internet reported this to be a worldwide deal. Obviously, they were mistaken, and so he got a faulty source with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Chill the fuck out.

Many sources on the internet reported this to be a worldwide deal. Obviously, they were mistaken, and so he got a faulty source with it.

Chilling, chilling. Sorry Hogfather :( I feel terrible now :( Sorry :( Will you forgive me ;_; Sorry again.

atlus_thumb.jpg

atlus_thumb1.png

Source

Edit: Over 12 hours after the deal was made, it turns out this is for Japan only,

"oh what a pitty" --- King Herrod, Jesus Christ Superstar.

OH GODDAMN IT.

My hype was rising, and rising, and then, sunk like a ship.

I'm kinda disappointed...I already missed out on Persona 4, and I'm not gonna be able to get Golden. (Can't get a PSVita considering I want the Wii-U Coming up.) I was hoping I could start with this game, albeit it's of fighting genre.

Guess I really do have to wait until Persona 5.

Although, I find it interesting that Atlus chose SEGA for distribution.

SonicTheHedgehogxPersona.

It'll never happen, but a man can dream. (And considering it's just for distribution purposes, even less. *Sniff*)

With current situation I think Atlus should go Full Digital for EU. While I dont mind Importing games from US, I want to show them that there are people in Europe who will buy their games. And sorry but I wont wait 3 years (Persona 3 says hi) for it. Persona 1 for PSP lists "Atlus" as distributor. I think thats the way for our region. At least till they make a contract for EU Publishing with ANYONE!

This is kinda off-topic but when do you guys think Persona 4 The Golden will get Published in US? With pretty fast relase of Catherine in the West I think we should get it before Christmas.