Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Sorry. I can just imagine this getting a lazy as all hell port.

I'll still buy it, but I'll be pissed while doing so.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

good_news_everyone.png

The scenes In 358/2 days that were just Text scenes apparently have been Updated and HD-fied to actual Voiced Cut-scenes, So the game won't be super confusing. smile.png

・Twilight Town, on top of the clock tower.

Axel proposing to Roxas and Xion that they go to the beach. In the original game this was a text conversation, and this is the first time this scene has been voiced.

By the way, I think all of them were sitting in the original cutscene but in this they are all standing.

Axel: I've got it!

Roxas: Huh? Got what?

Axel: Let's go to the beach next time we get a day off.

Xion: The beach? Where did that come from?

Axel: What, don't you want to go somewhere different for a change?

Xion: ...I'll join you...if I can.

Roxas: Of course you can, Xion.

Axel: You'll have a blast, trust me.

Xion: Well...all right, sure. Let's do it.

(from the KHHD unveiling movie shown at TGS)

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2Days

I have seen the movie! As for the ‘fully remade cutscenes’ from Days, they were the real-time polygons used in the cutscenes in Days, I think perhaps prerendered. The scene is on top of the clock tower, with Axel, Roxas and Xion, and the dialogue is as follows:

“358/2 Theatre Compilation” appears over a black background, with just voices:

Axel: Oh yeah!

Roxas: What’s with you? Out of the blue like that...

HA polygon cutscene plays, the three on top of the clock tower

Axel: (looking at the two standing to his left) Next vacation, how about we go to the beach?

Xion: The beach? Where is this coming from all of a sudden...

Axel: It’s nice to have some fun together once in a while, right?

Xion: (clasping her hands to her chest) I wonder... if I’ll be able to go?

Roxas: What are you even saying, Xion.

Axel: (spreading his hands) We’ll have a blast! Xion!

Xion: (eyes wandering a little, sounding lost) ...I guess.

Right after that, she looks at the two of them and says “Let’s go,” with a little smile on her face.

~After fishing for a comparison vid, I think Xion is still voiced by Risa Uchida. (If it turns out it has been changed, I am sorry.) They have voiced cutscenes that were only speech bubbles in Days and given them pretty videos, it sure is a nice new way to see things. I feel like it completely immersed me in that world. And Xion’s expressions are so cute! ...And yet at the same time, heartbreaking.

Edited by Sora

Kindgom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX TGS trailer

Check out 1:10! It seems they added reaction commands to Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and changed up the command window.

Ok, now it will really hilarious if they will not localize this.

I can only imagine the shitstorm coming from a possibility such as this, ahahah laugh.png

Ok, now it will really hilarious if they will not localize this.

I can only imagine the shitstorm coming from a possibility such as this, ahahah laugh.png

I think they will. The original PS2 Final Mix versions each came out a year after the original versions, and Square thought they wouldn't sell all that much in the west if released so soon (Japanese gamers are another story, they eat this up). Now it's been years so there's no reason to not localize this. For those that don't know, KH1 Final Mix didn't have a single new line of dialogue since the only new voiced cutscenes recycled audio from other cutscenes:

So it's just a matter of translating the text. About the reaction commands, awesome. These remasters are being made by the Osaka team, who made Birth By Sleep and 3D, so I was already expecting alot of effort to go into this. Can't wait to finally be able to talk with other people about this awesome boss fight.

Edited by pppp

Well, remember that Re: Chain of Memories needs also lips sync for the amercan VA, something that was missing in the US release: i hope that if this version will be localized will have this thing fixed.

Btw, if it will have trophies in it (i hope so) i will take it. I'm not so much a trophy hunter, but i don't have much interest in this saga for re-playing a game only with updated graphic and 1-2 extras.

Btw, if it will have trophies in it (i hope so) i will take it. I'm not so much a trophy hunter, but i don't have much interest in this saga for re-playing a game only with updated graphic and 1-2 extras.

Square already confirmed that it will have trophies.

Uh, reaction commands are NOT a good thing. As a member of several Kingdom Hearts forums, that is one of the biggest complaints I've heard about Kingdom Hearts II. Even critics bashed it. The problem is that reaction commands end up becoming "MASH TRIANGLE TO WIN!!!!" or "PRESS TRIANGLE QTE FOR A FLASHY 5 SECOND ANIMATION!" which ends up bringing the quality down. Then again, this is the original game so at least the challenge is still there and it isn't focused entirely on them.

So is there any significant demand for this to get localized? The exclusion of KH2 is baffling (I hate the game but that's besides the point), and I really don't see what's there to get out of finally playing the Final Mix version of the first game. One new boss battle and a few additional cutscenes to an already cutscene-heavy storyline? When I think about it, the ability to skip cutscenes appears to be the main draw of this release. Wowzers.

If this included KH2 it'd be a much more solid collection. But right now it feels more like a side thing rather than the grand compilation every KH fan had been hoping for.

Uh, reaction commands are NOT a good thing. As a member of several Kingdom Hearts forums, that is one of the biggest complaints I've heard about Kingdom Hearts II. Even critics bashed it. The problem is that reaction commands end up becoming "MASH TRIANGLE TO WIN!!!!" or "PRESS TRIANGLE QTE FOR A FLASHY 5 SECOND ANIMATION!" which ends up bringing the quality down. Then again, this is the original game so at least the challenge is still there and it isn't focused entirely on them.

Well even without reaction commands KH2 was already incredibly easy so i didn't mind it. Also in that case your KH forum friends clearly have never played KH2 Final Mix. The added "Critical Mode" and the incredibly hard optional bosses took care of the lack of challenge.

This boss fight against Data Axel in particular is brutal:

Edited by pppp

Final Mix was the good version of KH2, but even then, a lot of the problems still persisted throughout both versions.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Part 1 (KH1:FM, RE:COM, 358/2 Days Cutscenes)

+

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Part 2 (KH2:FM, BbS, possibly 3D/Coded cutscenes)

---------------------------------------------------

Kingdom Hearts 3

Edited by Autosaver

So is there any significant demand for this to get localized? The exclusion of KH2 is baffling (I hate the game but that's besides the point), and I really don't see what's there to get out of finally playing the Final Mix version of the first game. One new boss battle and a few additional cutscenes to an already cutscene-heavy storyline? When I think about it, the ability to skip cutscenes appears to be the main draw of this release. Wowzers.

If this included KH2 it'd be a much more solid collection. But right now it feels more like a side thing rather than the grand compilation every KH fan had been hoping for.

Edited by Sora

They're actually not Reaction Commands, apparently. That says "Arcanum", which means they got rid of the stupid having to scroll all the way down to use your special attacks.

• Thumbs Up 3

They're actually not Reaction Commands, apparently. That says "Arcanum", which means they got rid of the stupid having to scroll all the way down to use your special attacks.

Honestly, I think this whole "HD mix" is a complete missed opportunity and isn't going to sell so well. Why did they not just create a Kingdom Hearts HD ReMIX including Final Mix versions of KH and KHII, and also include KH Re:COM. Plus extra cutscenes from the handheld games. Worth a consumer's money, gets new fans into the franchise and sets us up for KHIII. This whole "1.5" is going to mean a "2.5" and then some other bullshit spinoff before we finally get even close to KHIII.

It's been 6 years. ENOUGH. WAITING.

Honestly, I think this whole "HD mix" is a complete missed opportunity and isn't going to sell so well. Why did they not just create a Kingdom Hearts HD ReMIX including Final Mix versions of KH and KHII, and also include KH Re:COM. Plus extra cutscenes from the handheld games. Worth a consumer's money, gets new fans into the franchise and sets us up for KHIII. This whole "1.5" is going to mean a "2.5" and then some other bullshit spinoff before we finally get even close to KHIII.

It's been 6 years. ENOUGH. WAITING.

I'm sure bonuses will be included, like collectibles and secret bosses that have nothing to do with the story.

Edited by Teoskaven

Don't give them ideas: last time they tried to listened, people demanded Genesis as a secret boss in BBS.

Also, i think it will have more sense in the possible 2.5 HD Collection to be BBS Final Mix and not the classic version. Just my opinion though.

Edited by Sora

Well, sure the better space could give some ideas previously scrapped, like in the Stich spaceship there was going to be the slim alien assistant of the doctor with russian accent (sorry, can't remember names). At least the worlds would be feel more populated.

Also, personally i will like an option to switch VA from american to japanese and vice-versa: it's easy to put and it will satisfy more buyers.

Oh, and no. Genesis just no. Sephiroth was already enough, now i want some variety like Kefka or Gilgamesh.

According to Nintendo Power, Kingdom hearts has the most votes for the chance of a TheatreRythm game. Here's the vote tally:

• KINGDOM HEARTS - 50%
  • CHRONO TRIGGER - 24%
  • DRAGON QUEST - 22%
  • MANA series - 4%

Would you guys like to see something like this done AFTER KH3?

Edited by Riku
  • Thumbs Up 1

Directly from my heart: thank you but no. Just, no.

As i explained earlier, what i really want is this: a Kingdom Hearts Tactics about the pre-BBS Keyblade War with multiple classes for units, Eraqs and Xeanorth playable and a story written by Yasumi Matsuno (or at least a collaboration). Preferibly for PSVita.

I loved the Final Fantasy Theatrhythm, but a KH Theatrhythm would be even better because I feel nostalgic for the series. So, sure :D