Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Who's to say he'd even be a chicken, though? They'd probably make him some other misc animal.

And I don't really see why you're bringing up Chicken Little as a counter argument when it's highly unlikely to appear?

That story reason is flawed though. If that was the case, Sora would need a costume for just about every world since he sticks out. Agrabah, Olympus, Port Royal,etc. that theory is so "pick and choose". Like the argument kinda works when justifying forms, but falls flat on its face when Square doesn't even follow it always.

and where are we getting this idea that Square won't include a specific world if they can't come up with a form? The only thing I remember is Square not including pride lands in one, simply because they didn't know how to get lion sora to work.

ams no ones answered the Chicken Little question yet. If this law were oh so important, if that was a confirmed world, then you surely would support chicken Sora.

There's all kinds of other animals he could be for that hypothetical universe which odds are will never exist because that universe is widely hated anyway. That said, odds are the fact that Sora would need to be an anthro animal in that universe would be addressed as well. It would likely be taken as part of the consideration, then they'd consider whether it was worth it to use that world or not. Of course, the fact that Chicken Little was widely hated likely eliminates it already is a moot point. If it was considered, they'd also take into consideration Sora's appearance.

Sora doesn't really stick out in Agrabah and Olympus. Both humans and mythical creatures of various types exist in both worlds. He fully does in Port Royal, everyone who plays KH2 and visits that world sees it, but that is the ONLY exception. And Nomura actually addressed this problem and mentioned that they're creating a new shader mechanic to have characters look better in each respective world (http://www.khinsider.com/news/Tetsuya-Nomura-interview-with-Famitsu-3329).

I personally think he sticks out in Agrabah, given the time and setting. He's wearing modern day close in ancient times. Appearance wise, he does stick out and contrast the rest of the world.

im aware of the shader being used. And while it may help, I don't see it completely helping Sora feel like a natural addition to certain worlds.

Again, I'm not really against Anthro Sora. He'd probably look cool tbh. I just wouldn't really find it personally jarring to see him in his human form.

hopefully a anthro form wouldn't limit some of his abilities like Lion did.

Edited by KHCast

Who's to say he'd even be a chicken, though? They'd probably make him some other misc animal.

And I don't really see why you're bringing up Chicken Little as a counter argument when it's highly unlikely to appear?

On principle mainly. I just wouldn't find it all that weird for human form Sora to show up in anthro worlds. 

Plus, Chickem Little Sora would be the ugliest thing ever, as the character designs from that movie sucked. I'd much rather they keep sora a human than have him try and match up with a ugly art style lol. But like you said, unlikely. Though this is Square and Disney, I'm not gonna confidently rule out its chances . Don't want it, don't see it happening, but it still could.

So if Baymax and Hiro were to make it into Kingdom Hearts 3, what would you think their attacks and support actions would be?

Since Baymax is a Healthcare Companion Bot I would assume he would have a move that would heal Sora.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they end up being as Broken as KH1 tinkerbell I'll love them. Though I could see Sora maybe riding beside them in the air wrecking stuff up, kinda like KH2 Peter Pan and Tink. Maybe they have a ground mode and air mode?

So, Nomura's finally said it. There are no plans for 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 as of now.

Nomura: Usually, most of the reactions from the KH fans and media consist of "Please put [this world] in the game!" (Laughs) Rather than comments on the game system itself, we get requests for "Put this world in, put my world in!" much more. Whichever world is a popular map should determine whether or not the masses will greatly enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3. Recently, we also received a significant increase in requests for the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix to be released on the PS4. Unfortunately, we don't have any plans for that.

I'm sure he'll do it eventually, they just don't intend on doing it right now, perhaps even until KH3 is released.

Noruma has said that they didn't "have plans" for things that ended up happening before. Square Enix might even just throw together a quick port eventually. Give it time.

"Please buy KH2.5 on PS3 now so we can have you triple dip closer to KH3's release" ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Thumbs Up 2

This isn't input related to KH3, so I hope you guys don't mind..

I'm trying to play through the series so I can get up to speed before the release of Kingdom Hearts 3. I got the 1.5 HD Remix, replayed the first KH game after so many years and loved it. I got myself to sit through Re:Chain of Memories. I didn't like it too much because of the card system, but I liked the story they gave me from the cutscenes, so I stuck through it. I did a little research of 358/2 Days and found out that fans of the series generally aren't big fans of this one, but people were saying that the movie missed out on a lot of key parts. I decided to cash out some more and bought a copy for the DS and started playing it.

I tried playing it a while back and stopped because I lost interest. It got boring to me and I just didn't care. I liked the story, but the gameplay just really isn't enough for me to say I'm having fun. Now I'm trying it again and I'm having the exact same problem around the exact same time. I want some advice or words on what to do here from you all. I already put out the money for the game, should I just suck it up and truck through the game? Is there really that much that the HD movie looks over? Or will I get enough of a gist from the movie that I'll understand everything that's going on and be comfortable? I'd normally be able to go through something like this fine enough, I wasn't crazy about Re;CoM, but I was able to stick through it. I'm just having a lot more trouble with this one. Any thoughts to help me out?

I think you'll get a good enough gist for just watching the movie. 358/2 Days is arguably not the best in the series (To the point where I can say I prefer Re:Coded for it's gameplay), so it's highly understandable.

Even then, the movie is also kinda boring :P

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa

Makes sense I guess that Square would wait until after KH3 to even consider a PS4 collection. By then almost all the KH fans will have a PS4 and 2.5 will have gotten it's money's worth. Plus with how development of KH3 is going, it probably won't be that long anyway. Perhaps 1.5 and 2.5 until then will show up on PSNow?

You'll get the gist from the movie, but the movie glosses over a lot of the more heartfelt and FUN scenes in favor of hours of characters sitting around on a clock tower and talking. Where the Coded movie is energized and lively, the Days movie, to me, felt a bit halfhearted. What I would recommend is reading the manga, even if it does take some odd liberties, or watching a LP of the DS version to supplement the HD movie.

Anyone have an idea on when Unchained will likely get released? I thought it'd be around the same time as FF7ios(so summer)

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/58455/20150805/kingdom-hearts-iii-square-enix-worlds-length-graphics-ps4-xbox-one.htm

Nomura has clearly stated that a few favorites from past games won't likely return. Two specific ones? The Pride Lands and Halloween Town.

"Kingdom Hearts III" development is progressing, and its director, Tetsuya Nomura, recently discussed what that means for the worlds the game won't feature, its length and graphics on PS4 and Xbox One.

The news comes to Design & Trend courtesy of Ruliweb. Because no translation exists beyond the Korean source, direct quotation is unfortunately limited.

That being said, Nomura did speak with some certainty as to the Disney-themed worlds "Kingdom Hearts III" won't contain. He wasn't able to confirm any new additions beyond the "Tangled" and Olympus Coliseum locales shown at E3 2015, but there was suggestion that returning worlds from the original "Kingdom Hearts" or "Kingdom Hearts II" would be very limited. Specifically, his two favorite past creations, The Pride Lands and Halloweentown, won't make it into the final game.

Such omissions exist because Square Enix would rather focus on featuring new Disney properties rather than ones that have been rendered before. This statement doesn't guarantee that films like "Frozen" or "Star Wars" will be used in the game, but it's starting to sound increasingly likely.

As "Kingdom Hearts III" is a modern RPG, the title's length is also of great value to gamers. In that regard, Nomura was extremely hesitant to zero in on a specific number. While the basic gameplay and systems are more or less finalized, there's still lots of coding left to be done. When compared to its predecessors, however, the intention is to make "Kingdom Hearts III" a long game that offers a complete experience.

A huge part of accomplishing that goal is the newly accessible horsepower of top-tier hardware like Sony's PS4 and Microsoft's Xbox One. With nearly a decade passed since the series' previous numbered entry, there are many methods that can be leveraged today that weren't possible before.

To these ends, there was lots of discussion about how the franchise's combat and movement have improved. Because its predecessors ran on such limited hardware, Sora's battle system and techniques couldn't be as free-form as they will be in "Kingdom Hearts III's" final build. This detail also translates to animations and effects too. If Sora's attacks are associated with a specific element, their animations will accurately reflect that. While traversing words, footsteps will respond to environmental factors like walking in puddles or changing terrain.

Mention was also made to known gameplay mechanics like the ability to summon popular Disney attractions and overhauled team AI that allows for group-based attacks.

Nomura closed the chat by discussing "Kingdom Hearts III's" reliance on the franchise's other games. Those that want to get caught up on the story are encouraged to play the 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remixes currently available on PS3. Contrary to popular belief, those collections won't be ported to PS4 or Xbox One.

Are you happy that "Kingdom Hearts III" will be a long game that focuses mostly on new worlds? Tell us your thoughts in the poll and comments section!

Gosh, out of all worlds I wanted to see return, it sucks to see Halloween Town isn't gonna get a revisit :(

But this could reinforce the idea that they are trying to focus new worlds based on newer properties, and hopefully something really cool comes out of that. 

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can't say I really mind. Pride Lands was alright, but I can't imagine the sequel making a very good world plot for it, and as for Halloween Town, I honestly was hoping that wouldn't return because they've already done the movie's plot twice before, and still rehashed it again for other KH games. I don't see it having a creative purpose in KH3.

Personally, the worlds I'm hoping for are...

-Argabah (I wouldn't mind playing through the King of Thieves plot from the third Aladdin movie)

-Destiny Islands (It hasn't been playable except for the original, Coded, and Chain of Memories)

-Wreck-It Ralph (The idea of a massive meta world with Ralph knowing that Sora is a game character would be so cool)

-Frozen (I think we all know it's going to be in there due to it's intense popularity, and the fact it's plot features on the love of two sisters and such)

-Hunchback of Notre Dame (It was shit in Dream Drop Distance and needs a do over)

-Fantasia (Due to the positive reaction from it in Dream Drop Distance, and there's the shorts in Fantasia 2000 they could do)

-Toy Story (Rumored that Pixar movies might be included, and a Toy Story world was meant to be in there since KH1)

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't say I really mind. Pride Lands was alright, but I can't imagine the sequel making a very good world plot for it, and as for Halloween Town, I honestly was hoping that wouldn't return because they've already done the movie's plot twice before, and still rehashed it again for other KH games. I don't see it having a creative purpose in KH3.

Personally, the worlds I'm hoping for are...

-Argabah (I wouldn't mind playing through the King of Thieves plot from the third Aladdin movie)

-Destiny Islands (It hasn't been playable except for the original, Coded, and Chain of Memories)

-Wreck-It Ralph (The idea of a massive meta world with Ralph knowing that Sora is a game character would be so cool)

-Frozen (I think we all know it's going to be in there due to it's intense popularity, and the fact it's plot features on the love of two sisters and such)

-Hunchback of Notre Dame (It was shit in Dream Drop Distance and needs a do over)

-Fantasia (Due to the positive reaction from it in Dream Drop Distance, and there's the shorts in Fantasia 2000 they could do)

-Toy Story (Rumored that Pixar movies might be included, and a Toy Story world was meant to be in there since KH1)

And special note for Destiny Islands; we've never been able to fully explore it, and it was merely an introductory world in KH1 you could never go back to after the fact. I want that world to be fully fleshed out, not just the tiny island but the larger main island, and maybe another island they can add as well.

Agrabah is the main other Disney world I think could return. There's plenty of potential from the cartoon series or King of Thieves, and they can fill out the desert more thoroughly.

Radiant Garden I'm positive will be back as well. There's so many things that revolve around it its hard not to bring it back. Granted, its not a Disney world.

I am not at all surprised Pride Lands and Halloween Town are getting cut. Halloween Town has been so thoroughly exhausted there's really not a whole lot that can be done with it anymore. And Pride Lands, though they could do Lion King 2, with the new gameplay elements it'd simply be way too complicated to deal with the four-legged gameplay.

Yeah not shocked at all. Though hey, those two forms like I said in the past could perhaps return as special drive forms. Or a costume in Vampire/Christmas Sora's case. 

Really REALLY hoping to see Port Royal and Tron return somehow(either adaption, but preferably legacy). And if possible, timeless river or beasts castle(the plot could easily pull one out of its ass and say xehanort used darkness to turn Prince back into Beast.) aside from that...I'm good. No other returning Disney worlds I wanna see. Anything from 1...nah, 2...nope nothin else...bbs...lol no

Double post, but after the FFXV news, this may be somewhat relevant and worth a double post. Well, I think it's safe to assume KH3 will be releasing in 2017 after the XV news. Gives XV enough time to shine and get profit, then Square can hit us with the next big title. Also perhaps a global release date? 

So going through Re:Chain of Memories...and Riku's story is so fucking lazy and barebones.

I hated the fact that Sora's story was just a total rehash of the other worlds so when I started Riku's and saw him going through Hollow Bastion, and seeing the events of the world through his point of view, I thought this was going to be a very cool new look at the events of the original KH through Riku's perspective. But nope. After Hollow Bastion, there's nothing. You just go into the world with no context, despite Riku being present in Monstro, Traverse Town, and Neverland 

Well tbf, there is a legit story reason for that. Still sucks, but at least they had some story reason to back it up. 

Sora's story outside the worlds that weren't the Original ones and in Castle Oblivion was pretty good if you ask me.

Well tbf, there is a legit story reason for that. Still sucks, but at least they had some story reason to back it up. 

Sora's story outside the worlds that weren't the Original ones and in Castle Oblivion was pretty good if you ask me.

No No. I liked the Castle Oblivion stories with Sora and Riku. I mean the actual world plots.

I'm really glad there's a focus on new worlds. It'll make this really feel fresh alongside the hardware upgrades and gameplay improvements they're bringing to the table.