Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

The idea of Treasure Planet being a potential world in KH3 reminds me of something I saw on KHInsider, their News report from Jan. 2013 on Dissidia KH.  Notably the sketches of four Disney Villains duking it out:

Disney%20Fighting%20Game%201.jpgAnd this same image wants me to see a world based on the Chronicles of Prydain/Black Cauldron (granted Square needs the rights from Lloyd Alexander's estate) or have the Horned King appear as a big player to Maleficent's plot.  With the Facebook petition about getting the film on Blu-Ray with the cuts restored, it could still work.

I'm kinda surprised to see how many people want the Black Cauldron in Kingdom Hearts... I thought a lot of people didn't like it? 

The reason Chicken Little got into KH2 was to promote the movie at the time :P

They did the same with Pirates. Thank God they decided that was the one deserving of a entire world. I would have gone mental going through a Chicken Little world.

They did the same with Pirates. Thank God they decided that was the one deserving of a entire world. I would have gone mental going through a Chicken Little world.

But Pirates had been out for two years by the time Kingdom Hearts 2 came out. Unless is was in development for a while. How long was KH2 development?

But Pirates had been out for two years by the time Kingdom Hearts 2 came out. Unless is was in development for a while. How long was KH2 development?

A little bit longer than that even. Pirates of the Caribbean came out in 2003, which is probably the same year KH2 went into development. Wouldn't be surprised if it did anyway.

A little bit longer than that even. Pirates of the Caribbean came out in 2003, which is probably the same year KH2 went into development. Wouldn't be surprised if it did anyway.

Ah so at the time they were adding in a recent world. So they can add in recent films but it would have to be pretty early in the development otherwise the game would have to get delayed to add in more programing for a new world. Since Chicken Little was a last minute addition due to the fact his movie came out the same year as KH2 it makes sense that all he got was a summon.

Speaking of Summons, some people discuss whether more Summons will get their own world like the others. Honestly I don't think any of the other summons will get their own worlds. Simba only got a world in KH2 because he was planned to have a world in KH1 but it was scrapped because the programmers couldn't figure out how lion Sora was going to carry his keyblade at the time. I don't know if Mulan's world was planned for the first game though.

Now the current Summon's who don't have worlds are Bambi, Dumbo, and Chicken Little. I doubt these three are going to get worlds. Bambi and Dumbo don't really seem to fit in the themes of Kingdom Hearts, they're pretty much like Winnie the Pooh. We maybe might see them as minigame worlds but that's a big might. As for Chicken Little, the movie was kind of a commercial flop so I don't see them making a world for him when they have better Disney movies to chose from.

image.jpg.029eb56a975bb88c62d976540f94d1

So, who else wants to bet this will once again be another Olympus Coliseum Keyblade that ends up being one of the strongest and most useful in the game up until like halfway through?

I'm kinda surprised to see how many people want the Black Cauldron in Kingdom Hearts... I thought a lot of people didn't like it? 

The movie is okay for me personally. I would rather take Robin Hood or the Sword in the Stone any day but I think the Black Cauldron has better locates and uniqueness. Also, I think the story of that movie would work well with the series theme (Darkness vs Light) considering the king is trying to rule the land using the black magic from the Cauldron. Heck, I can imagine the part of the movie where the king raises the dead for his army as a 1000 Heartless type deal.

The movie is okay for me personally. I would rather take Robin Hood or the Sword in the Stone any day but I think the Black Cauldron has better locates and uniqueness. Also, I think the story of that movie would work well with the series theme (Darkness vs Light) considering the king is trying to rule the land using the black magic from the Cauldron. Heck, I can imagine the part of the movie where the king raises the dead for his army as a 1000 Heartless type deal.

I actually made a concept for how it could work for Sora a long time ago on this very topic.  In my old post, I had the idea that Sora gives up the Keyblade to the Witches of Morva so that Taran and his companions can get the Cauldron (and so that Taran is always armed with Dyrnwyn, despite giving it up to get the damn kettle in the film).  They get separated by guards and Sora has to head back to Caer Dallben, who manages to give Sora the strength he needs to re-summon his Keyblade.  And just in time, the Cauldron-born are starting to rise from the grave.  And again Sora has to rush back to Spiral Castle, fighting off deathless warriors, and eventually fight the evil one himself.

I'd prefer RH for the animals and Robin Hood party member, and Sword and Stone on the basis that Merlin should get his own world already. 

Oh and while we're on the topic of worlds, would just like to post this vid. That discussion about Shibuya the other day being in KH3, is being discussed not that long after. Much speculation about its inclusion being probable.

Edited by KHCast
  • Thumbs Up 1

I only want to see a Robin Hood world for the potential appearance of furry Sora (sorry). XP

The Black Cauldron would be an interesting world, but there's a slim chance of that actually happening. I imagine the Horned King would be awesome boss fight material though.

Horned King I can see showing up in a similar way to Chernabog(in KH1) perhaps he appears in the realm of darkness as a secret boss or something?

I only want to see a Robin Hood world for the potential appearance of furry Sora (sorry). XP

The Black Cauldron would be an interesting world, but there's a slim chance of that actually happening. I imagine the Horned King would be awesome boss fight material though.

I'll admit, I also want to see it for that reason. That's not the ONLY reason, but I really would like to see that. :D

I don't see furry sora happening honestly. Goofy and Donald would likely also need a costume, and they fit already as they are. Plus Sora's hung with Pooh and friends no problem, so it wouldn't be weird to see him hanging around Robin Hood and his friends unchanged.

I don't see furry sora happening honestly. Goofy and Donald would likely also need a costume, and they fit already as they are. Plus Sora's hung with Pooh and friends no problem, so it wouldn't be weird to see him hanging around Robin Hood and his friends unchanged.

Well, there's a huge difference here. In worlds where humans cannot fit at all, they take on a different form. Remember, Winnie the Pooh always had Christopher Robin. Sora is just a fill-in for Christopher Robin in the Winnie the Pooh segment.

Sorry, I disagree; if they did a Robin Hood world, I fully think Sora would get an anthro redesign because there are absolutely no humans at all in the Robin Hood universe. It may also be a big reason why they wouldn't include the world, if they decide to leave as many transformations out as possible this time, which I think they will do to all the massive new game mechanics (I doubt Lion Sora will be back this time, for example, also including the Pride Lands). (Granted, an anthro design would just be a costume like Halloween Sora.)

As for Donald and Goofy they'd fit in fine with little issue. Maybe a costume change, but that's all that would be required.

The Thing about Winnie Pooh though is the fact that there is a human, Christopher Robin, in the Pooh Universe (Sora even fills in a rather similar role to him), so Sora would've never been out of place anyway, so I don't think it's comparable with a furry-only world like Robin Hood. I wouldn't necessarily mind him staying a human, though, just throwing that out there.

What I think would be pretty cool, though: Maybe they could make him a Lion Furry, as there even exists concept art of Sora where he was just that: A Lion furry. It would be neat reference imo.

Lion-Sora-Chainsaw.jpg

Edit: Eh, Ninja'd. xP

Edited by Thigolf

The Thing about Winnie Pooh though is the fact that there is a human, Christopher Robin, in the Pooh Universe (Sora even fills in a rather similar role to him), so Sora would've never been out of place anyway, so I don't think it's comparable with a furry-only world like Robin Hood. I wouldn't necessarily mind him staying a human, though, just throwing that out there.

What I think would be pretty cool, though: Maybe they could make him a Lion Furry, as there even exists concept art of Sora where he was just that: A Lion furry. It would be neat reference imo.

Lion-Sora-Chainsaw.jpg

Edit: Eh, Ninja'd. xP

I was thinking that'd be neat. They could base him on his Lion design. In other future worlds where a furry design would be needed (such as if they did a Darkwing Duck or Ducktales world) that same design could be reused. It all depends on what they'd do. They could just keep him human, but I doubt it. It goes against everything they've done in the past.

They've even talked about correcting how out of place Sora looked in the live action movie worlds (namely pirates) by updating the textures a bit.

Eh, I just don't think they'd need to have a costume for it to fit. So humans haven't appeared in the world, not like there's a rule that states they can't make an exception for Sora. Granted anthro Sora wouldn't be a negative thing to see, but this demand for costumes has always irked me. Like Sora doesn't need to "fit in" with the world always. That's part of the charm of it for me at times is that he sticks out. Now yeah there are exceptions, and I would be lying if I said, I didn't want Pirate Sora to be a thing, but I don't know, anthro stuff kinda has become a eh thing for me ever since the Internet, so I wouldn't be bothered by a lack of a special form. I mean if Sora visited chicken little's world, God forbid, is it mandatory he get a chicken form?:/

Edited by KHCast

Robin Hood is said to be specifically about the animal kingdom, so I honestly think a human form would be jarring. Same thing for Zooptopia, if they ever chose to adapt it.

Personally, I think costumes are fun. They open the door for creative designs, which I've always enjoyed. This isn't to say that every world needs them, but what's wrong with having a few worlds include them? KH3 had Halloween Town, Atlantica, Space Paranoids, and Pride Lands. That's four worlds out of a huge slew of them.

Again, I point to Chicken Little. Same deal there. Would Sora need to have a costume?

Some are nice yeah, but I don't think costumes should be the goal of the worlds chosen not should be over saturated. KH2 I think hit the sweet spot. I'd personally like to see Space Paranoids Sora, and a Pirate themed Sora. Maybe something else new.

the previous ones like Halloween/Christmas or Lion could maybe be bonus/secret drive forms or costumes that have specific abilities attached to them.

also, it's jarring a anime kid and his duck and dog who travel to different worlds, contradicts the laws and nature of a world about anthros. Ok

Edited by KHCast

Again, I point to Chicken Little. Same deal there. Would Sora need to have a costume?

Some are nice yeah, but I don't think costumes should be the goal of the worlds chosen not should be over saturated. KH2 I think hit the sweet spot. I'd personally like to see Space Paranoids Sora, and a Pirate themed Sora. Maybe something else new.

the previous ones like Halloween/Christmas or Lion could maybe be bonus/secret drive forms or costumes that have specific abilities attached to them.

also, it's jarring a anime kid and his duck and dog who travel to different worlds, contradicts the laws and nature of a world about anthros. Ok

The main issue is that there's a canonical reason for this; they can't let people in each world know other worlds exist. Certain people in said worlds may exist, but the idea was to hide this fact. Disney Castle, Traverse Town, and Radiant Garden are basically the only heavily populated worlds whose inhabitants (most of them, anyway) are even aware that other worlds exist.

If they don't want to create a reskin for a specific world that likely would require one, odds are, the world won't even be included at all. I can't see them suddenly breaking the trend this time. I don't think they'd choose a world for it having a reskin, either. They would, however, likely weigh in the factor of "ok, Sora would need a new form for this world, with the dev time that would be involved should we include it or not?"

That story reason is flawed though. If that was the case, Sora would need a costume for just about every world since he sticks out. Agrabah, Olympus, Port Royal,etc. that theory is so "pick and choose". Like the argument kinda works when justifying forms, but falls flat on its face when Square doesn't even follow it always.

and where are we getting this idea that Square won't include a specific world if they can't come up with a form? The only thing I remember is Square not including pride lands in one, simply because they didn't know how to get lion sora to work.

ams no ones answered the Chicken Little question yet. If this law were oh so important, if that was a confirmed world, then you surely would support chicken Sora.