Awoo.

Retsupurae

Senator NinjaShark

Retsupurae is a creation of the two Something Awful Members Slowbeef (Creator of Video Lets Playing as we know it and known for working on a Fan Translation for Policenauts) and Dia "Diabetus" Betus (Himself having LP'd games such as Battletoads and managing to Finish it) in wherein they mock all sorts of Poor Quality Lets plays, simliar to Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Rifftrax did to Movies, altough in recent times, they decided to branch out and riff on Newgrounds Flash Games/Movies and Longplays (where they more riff on the game itself, rather then the LPer).

Whilst some People may Hate Restupurae for riffing on a Famous and well liked Youtube Lets Player (or for being riffed on, in the case of some few Lets Players), they also managed to actually Help start a LP Career for some, Most notably being
who continues to be a Fan Favourite among the Fanbase, and Slowbeef and Diabetus themselves.

They later inspired various Other Something Awful Members to start their own Take in RP'ing, among them Chip Cheezeum and General Ironicus (Channel here) and later Created a (now finished) Spin off series on Something Awful called Webcam Ward, where they Mock bad Youtube Videos in General.

with all that said, Feel free to talk about Retsupurae and anything related to it.
  • Thumbs Up 2

After hearing about this 5 minutes ago in Skype, I decided to watch a few episodes. Those LPs are HORRID! I love how they made fun of it! Retsupurae is hilarious!

Edited by Cola

I follow Chip and Ironicus, They riff on other things besides LP's. I highly recommend everyone here watches their riffs on the "Xin" series. It's AMAZING.

They've done up to episode 11, but there are 18 episodes in total, the finale being a half hour by itself.

Slowbeef and Diabetus need to cut down on the long-plays and just stick to the atrocious let's plays. A return of the 'webcam ward' series and more feat. involving chip and general ironicus would be a plus as well.

Also, TELEPORT.

Chip and Ironicus commented on a Sonic fan a month ago. He was absolutely mental, but the video was quite funny. How can anyone think a camcorder LP of Sonic Free Riders is good idea? Nice ElectricalBeast reference in the tags.

Edited by Dornan

I've been watching these guys for a while now, and they're pretty hilarious.

The actual LPs that each of them (slowbeef, Diabetus, ChipCheezum & Ironicus) do are very entertaining as well.

Edited by Ekaje

What the, someone made a Retuspurae topic? Sweet.

I love these guys, they're one of my favorite youtube people. Never seen a video that I've been unimpressed with, Though I do wish they would bring back some more guests, like Dave-O or Proteus or someone.

"TELEPOR'! Great work Mario! Now we must finish BOWSAH'S EVIL TEST!"

Edited by Nintendoga

I can never seem to stop watching these guys. How they can make most of these LPs watchable and funny is beyond me.

BOWSAHS EVIHL TESTS.

I once got retsupurae'd by a guy who was just starting out with RPing. To be fair, at the time, I kind of warranted it.

I've gotten better at LPing since then, though (or at least I'd like to believe I have)!

In any case, I sort of have a bias against RPing because of them RPing one of my favorite LPers, SirRonLionheart. But other than that, many of them can actually be quite funny.

I don't really see the appeal of these guys, to be honest.

I mean, watching a Let's Play is fun and alright, but watching two people rip someone's Let's Play to shreds and comment over them in a narcissistic and condescending tone while making jokes about them just sounds silly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I slightly prefer watching Slowbeef and Diabetus's actual LPs, especially their Metroid ones. I was in the middle of the Prime LP before I even heard of Retsupurae. However, their RPs are still hilarious and entertaining.

I don't really see the appeal of these guys, to be honest.

I mean, watching a Let's Play is fun and alright, but watching two people rip someone's Let's Play to shreds and comment over them in a narcissistic and condescending tone while making jokes about them just sounds silly.

It's an acquired taste.

Edited by Got the Rooftop Runs

I've been watching them for a long time. Along with their riff on ElectricalBeast's unintelligible strong Cockney accent and BillyMC's complete failure at playing Mario All-Stars, it is hard to whittle down what riff videos are my exact favorites. However, I believe that these two videos would have to be my top picks:

There is a Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past riff similar to this on their channel that also includes another Let's Play with ignored slow frame rate issues, be sure to check that one out also.

All I have to say about this one is stay until the end. It'll be worth your time.

I LOVE Retsupurae! Ever since I discovered their videos last year, they've quickly become my favorite internet comedy video series of all time. I can't get enough of them! Their regular LPs are hilarious, as well. Their version of Ridley should be the official version! laugh.png

In any case, I sort of have a bias against RPing because of them RPing one of my favorite LPers, SirRonLionheart. But other than that, many of them can actually be quite funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours long.....

This isn't just Retsupurae the movie, it's Retsupurae the movie and it's 2 sequels.

Commentaries... ON commentaries. That is pretty meta. I'm hoping they do my crappy old Portal commentary at some point.

You know, now that I watch more of their videos, they're kinda dicks. I mean, making fun of the player's rhetoric, skills, comments or even voice is fair game when making a commentary, but sometimes they actually insult the player himself, i.e. his interests and social life, which really comes close to cyber bullying at times.

You know, now that I watch more of their videos, they're kinda dicks. I mean, making fun of the player's rhetoric, skills, comments or even voice is fair game when making a commentary, but sometimes they actually insult the player himself, i.e. his interests and social life, which really comes close to cyber bullying at times.

it's all fun and games my bro. They're more dicks in 2008, but in 2009 they get better.

Also no, those are not the faces I make when I say

"LECHUZA!!!"

Yeah, they're just playing up to the camera. I try not to take them too seriously. Most of what they say is in jest and for the sake of a joke.

Anyway, another new video is up! Mike Dawson continues to suck at life as he enters the dark world in Darkseed 2 part 3.

Edit: Yet another new video! Mike Dawson almost saves a clown in Darkseed 2 part 4.

Edit 2: The "epic" conclusion! Darkseed 2 Part 5!

Edited by chaoscontrol14