Awoo.

Do you like SEGA's spoilerific marketing?

Detective Shadzter

Yeah. I really feel spoiled. They could at least keep Bosses unrevealed but no. Gaming industry is slowly becoming like Move industry where All good moments in movie are shown in trailers. But her they show everything but playtroughs, cutscenes and Final Boss.

But this spoiling machine began with Classic Era trailer. Before it we known 2 Classic stages, 2 DC stage and 1 Modern Stage (Not counting leak. Lets say we didnt see other levels) and 2 Boses both from Classic Era. Well I am fine if they would show just screenshots of Rival Boss Battles (Like they did with Silver,Metal and somehow Shadow) butr showing all Bosses in motion is stupid.

I think this is a problem SEGA created themselves. It sort of backfired back when they only showed CGI and little gameplay info followed by bad and mediocre games.

Everything went down like that and they had to start revealing more and now we are in the situation where they have to reveal almost everything to say:

Hey you see we're doing right. Buy this game you won't be disappointed."

The people who have already seen the leaks already know who/what the bosses are. I only wanted to see the boss trailer today cause I wanted to see how the bosses look like in motion but we still haven't seen how to beat some of the bosses yet.

I've avoided the Death Egg boss that was leaked a few days ago only cause I still want to be surprise when I finally fight him but from what I've heard from other people who have seen it said that the boss is short and easy. I've also avoided the leaked spoilers from a couple of weeks ago with the new hubs, Metal Sonic battle, full playthroughs of Chemical Plant and the full playthrough video of Sky Sanctuary that CVG posted last week. If I decided to still click on the spoilers anyway then I know it's my own fault for looking at them.

If SEGA is posting spoilers then have some self-control and not click on the spoilers. I know it's hard but still stay the hell away from them. Take a break from the Sonic Stadium or any Sonic related site if you must until the game comes out.

I think they're only going to spoil the bosses and the level list. Everything else like missions, story cutscenes, ect they're going to wait until the game comes out (atleast I hope they will).

If SEGA is posting spoilers then have some self-control and not click on the spoilers. I know it's hard but still stay the hell away from them. Take a break from the Sonic Stadium or any Sonic related site if you must until the game comes out.

Most people have the option to do that, yes. But even then, it's hard to resist when the stuff is right there and when all gaming news sites and forums post the info in their headlines and stuff. As for people like me who have to write the news, we can't avoid the stuff. It's our jobs to look at and read this content so we can report on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I'm also against the constant spoiling.

I like a little something to keep me occupied and happy, but when it gets to where you see the final boss, you know there's an issue. Just not very fond of that, personally.

Isn't it pretty obvious why Sonic Team are showing everything they can show off?

To reassure the non-sonic community of the quality of the game.

If they show that the whole game is going to be good, then people will have more faith. Yeah, its annoying for those of us who are in the Sonic community, but we aren't everyone. For SEGA and Sonic Team to succeed, they need to convince everyone, not just us. To do that, they may well have to show off as much as possible to prove that it is as good as they claim.

Hopefully, after this game, they don't do this. Right now, I can see how such a marketing strategy can be useful.

• Thumbs Up 1

As for people like me who have to write the news, we can't avoid the stuff. It's our jobs to look at and read this content so we can report on it.

But can't you call in sick or something and get someone else in the staff to report the news so you can advoid the spoilers?

Isn't it pretty obvious why Sonic Team are showing everything they can show off?

To reassure the non-sonic community of the quality of the game.

If they show that the whole game is going to be good, then people will have more faith. Yeah, its annoying for those of us who are in the Sonic community, but we aren't everyone. For SEGA and Sonic Team to succeed, they need to convince everyone, not just us. To do that, they may well have to show off as much as possible to prove that it is as good as they claim.

Hopefully, after this game, they don't do this. Right now, I can see how such a marketing strategy can be useful.

Isn't it pretty obvious that they don't have to show every fucking thing about the game to assure people it's going to be good? Seriously. There's no need for every stage to be shown.

• Thumbs Up 2

That doesn't work and you know it. Because the moment Sega releases anything, every videogame related website publishes it on their main page.

That doesn't work and you know it. Because the moment Sega releases anything, every videogame related website publishes it on their main page.

It works for me cause I don't really go on any video games websites except for GameFAQS and on GameFAQS I don't even go to the Sonic boards.

Isn't it pretty obvious that they don't have to show every fucking thing about the game to assure people it's going to be good? Seriously. There's no need for every stage to be shown.

After Shadow, 06, and Unleashed; the general gamer's reaction to anything Sonic is that it'll suck. Having to show off everything may be annoying, but it might get them sales, which is the main importance.

After Shadow, 06, and Unleashed; the general gamer's reaction to anything Sonic is that it'll suck. Having to show off everything may be annoying, but it might get them sales, which is the main importance.

meh it's sonikku, so i don't give a shit about "spoilers"

for vidya that's a tad bit more serious i tend to be a little more cautious, but not much, for anything in general i'm a spoilerwhore.

imokaywiththis

I don't mind seeing parts of all the levels as to be fair we've only seen like 2 seconds of some levels, but when they're posting full level plays every week, it gets ridiculous. And I've had to watch parts of them out of curiosity as well as I lack the willpower to simply not watch it. It's such a shame. And normally I don't care much about spoiling myself, but now I do because I want the level design to be a surprise, at least for some levels anyway!

As long as I can hold off from watching the entire levels, even if I see half levels, it'll be okay. But when you're as excited as I am for Generations, it's really fucking hard to avoid it, especially as stuff just keeps coming through every other day. And while I suppose revealing levels and stuff makes sense for a milestone celebration made up of previous levels, they should stop spoiling so much after this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like spoils much either. I miss the element of surprise. The mystery, the fresh gamer experience that we all had before the internet and youtube (well, most of us, anyway. :P).

What do I do to avoid 95% of them? Extensions! I use extensions from google chrome to avoid spoilers by blocking out images and elements that could spoil me as I browse forums and news, and flashblock to avoid spoilers from youtube embeds. I also use this one called "Cloak" that's really helpful in blocking out certain sections from a website (even text) from being spoiler ridden. Its a little more risky for everything, but it has its purpose.

But yeah, I recommend that if you have a browser like chrome, look for extensions that can block elements, or images. These are normally used for spam, but are perfect for creating an artificial "solitary confinement" between yourself and the spoils of Teh Internetz. Hope this helps! ^^

No I don't either I wish they wouldn't reveal 90% of them D: It ruins the suprise, excitement and thrill I fear that i've seen too much, the worst thing about spoilers is that they are so hard to resist :( It makes me wish they included more levels and sometimes you might encounter a spoiler by accident. It happened to me, I didn't see the leaked list but I found out as someone accidently posted them without warning, I succesfully avoided spoilers that leaked most of the bosses a few months ago until today (aside from Shadow, Chaos, Metal Sonic). I feel even more for the Mods and Staff who have to report and reveal the news the amount of footage they've seen and revealed will ruin the thrill for them too, for everyone.They really shouldn't reveal everything, seeing parts of levels instead of the whole level would be better, more screenshots instead of long videos would of been good too. I'm still excited but I've decided to avoid any other trailers/videos which reveal anything else I think it's going a bit too far and out of control. They shouldn't show many bosses either I hope that's not all of them but I may be wrong, if they want to assure to people that this game will be good then they've done enough, it's too much, it should STOP now before the whole game is revealed before it's even out :(

I'd just like to point out that for all this "spoiling", we have absolutely no idea how to get the Chaos Emeralds.

I'd just like to point out that for all this "spoiling", we have absolutely no idea how to get the Chaos Emeralds.

Meh. Different strokes for different folks. I applaud you all for being able to handle potential let downs so easily. I know personally, if I had gone through the game blindfolded and found out the hard way that

Hydrocity and Kingdom Valley aren't in the game

Meh. Different strokes for different folks. I applaud you all for being able to handle potential let downs so easily. I know personally, if I had gone through the game blindfolded and found out the hard way that

Hydrocity and Kingdom Valley aren't in the game

, curse words would be said, I'd like this game a whole lot less, and possibly a controller would have been thrown into the TV.

I absolutely hated Sonic Battle for at least a few years due to Super Sonic not having so much as a boss fight in the game (that would have been the one time Final Boss Only would have been ok, because it would have netted a full sprite sheet anyway). I wasn't until I came back to the game with a clear mind was I able to accept it for what it had, and hey, I think it's pretty cool now. You know, I was about to get all 326 endings in Shadow the Hedgehog once in the hopes that it would net me a playable Super Shadow. If I wasn't told that there was nothing for that, I think I'd have destroyed a TV! laugh.png

TL;DR: Spoilers help Aqua not build up unrealistic expectations. This is good because if you don't live up to his hype, it's gonna be really bad for you

yeah, tis kinda how I feel.

I'm ok with SEGA's spoilerific marketing, since they only just show us snippets and not...well...show all the surprises that the levels/bosses have. Square Enix on the hand...they're out of control. >.>