Awoo.

Could SEGA Surprise Us?

Legendary Emerald

I actually hope its an End of the World type stage. (Even though I will always see it as a Kingdom Hearts rip off stage)

It would lead up to something epic. My intuition leads me to believe it could go down like this.

After beating all bosses and eras?

TIME EATER

Fight him with both Sonics in their standard forms.

WIN

Standard ending.

Get the Chaos Emeralds - Time Eater gone crazy in whatever fashion, maybe new Monster of the Week. Takes place immediately after Part 1 of the showdown.

Chase him through brief, corrupted versions of previous zones - Cannon's Core and End of the World type of thing, but an immediate transition rather than loading screens - hopefully. "???" would be its actual name. ..?

Encounter at the end.

Mini and Macro Sonic go Super.

Big arse fight.

REAL ENDING

Classic go home.

Retro purists sad

Edn

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 8

Don't tell me that you guys seriously think that Planet Wisp is the ending stage.
I have no reason to think it isn't.

I have no reason to think it isn't.

Its too happy-go-lucky, and a little too cheery to be an end stage.

• Thumbs Up 5

Agreed. Going from brightly-colored, forested alien area with beautiful piano music in the background to "Rawrgh, I'm Time Eater, I keel u nao!" is an atmospheric transition that's beyond even Sega.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're not going from Planet Wisp to the final boss, you're going from the modern era boss to the final boss.

• Thumbs Up 1

After Lost Impact, it probably has the most depressing music of any level in a Sonic game. It's pretty and green and occasionally flowery, but I don't think I'd ever call it cheery.

Still, it is a bit low-key for a final stage. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Terminal Velocity-style final stage just to give the Time Eater a little space, but I don't expect that to be much more than a lot of blank whiteness. It'd be really cool to see a Frankenstein's Monster of all kinds of climactic stages stiched together and trying their best to kill you, but I'm not going to count on it.

You mean the cheery happy-go-lucky place that's being demolished, bulldozed, and straight up torn asunder by gigantic towering pinnacles of industrialism? To the point where the water looks like BP came in and went ape shit wrecking the place?

Yeah, that's real serene.

• Thumbs Up 6

People are under the impression that you approach the levels in a linear fashion. What say you, if you could approach any of the Modern era levels in any order in which you choose?

I'm certainly picking Crisis City last.

Have any of you ever stopped to realize that this "Egg Planet" thing is being completely over exaggerated upon?

Think about it. We just heard Eggman's Japanese VA say that right after the Tropical Resort piece was played during the Tokyo Game Show "Sonic 20th Anniversary Special LIVE" event.

He said "Eggu Puraneto Paruku". "Egg Planet Park".

The Japanese name to "Doctor Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park" is "EGG PLANET PARK".

Sonic Colours Cutscene 1 - Japanese Dub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNmPyGh0MbQ

Sonic 20th Anniversary Special LIVE - Tropical Resort/Emerald Coast

Seriously, did ANY of you stop and think that for a moment? Jesus, no one does their research.

So is Tropical Resort an incomplete Planet Egg?

To the point where the water looks like BP came in and went ape shit wrecking the place?
I always figured the water was like that naturally. Alien planet, alien water, right?

People are under the impression that you approach the levels in a linear fashion. What say you, if you could approach any of the Modern era levels in any order in which you choose?
This is very possible, considering the whole boss keys thing.

This is just some crazy idea that probably won't happen, but since I'm pretty sure the hub world is in a space between spaces, how cool would it be if when the finale is unlocked there is an epic final level in the hub to scale to get to the final boss door? Since the space grows as more is unlocked, and it definitely is a place separate off the different time frames and an integral part of the game, plus the music changes based on where you are in the hub, it's possible... I think it sounds cool, at least, and could explain why there is no final level mentioned as the hub world IS the final level.

• Thumbs Up 7

I still have a small spark of hope that the final level is: DEATHEGGMANAND. Famous Classic Final Zone, changed through time shenanigans to be fused with Eggmanland, the famous Modern Final Zone.

Even if not, there probably will be a real final level, or Crisis City will be it.

Dusk, that is an awesome idea.

After Lost Impact, it probably has the most depressing music of any level in a Sonic game. It's pretty and green and occasionally flowery, but I don't think I'd ever call it cheery.

I checked Lost Impact...I forgot I loved that theme so much! Props.

I'm pretty sure Planet Wisp IS the last level, but I hold out hope for a little extra.

So is Tropical Resort an incomplete Planet Egg?

Nah. The entire "amusement park" was Egg Planet Park. ^^; A park of planets under Eggman's regime leadership.

I will also throw out it is possible that selecting Time Eater would lead to a whole "final story" scenario, that might include a stage. The things in the demo are title cards, and as mentioned there is a ??? title card (which seems a bit strange), as well as the Time Eater title card could host more than the final boss if they desired.

I still like my idea the hub is the final stage though. >_>

I will also throw out it is possible that selecting Time Eater would lead to a whole "final story" scenario, that might include a stage. The things in the demo are title cards, and as mentioned there is a ??? title card (which seems a bit strange), as well as the Time Eater title card could host more than the final boss if they desired.

I still like my idea the hub is the final stage though. >_>

On some of the public demos though, "???" was used for some stages before playing them for the first time. A few City Escape run-throughs had it.

After Lost Impact, it probably has the most depressing music of any level in a Sonic game.

... My... my jaw won't reattach itself.

You're... you're just... wrong.

How could anyone... what would have to be wrong one's ears to...

No... no, no, no, NO, NO, NOOOOOO!

There is literally absolutely without a shred of doubt NOTHING depressing about the music in Planet Wisp! It is the exact OPPOSITE! It is UPLIFTING! How little music have you listened to in your life to believe that song sounds even the slightest bit depressing?! HAVE YOU NO EARS, MAN?!

*Overeacting over*

To each there own, all opinions are different, yada yada yada. But... wow, man... wow...

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 2

On some of the public demos though, "???" was used for some stages before playing them for the first time. A few City Escape run-throughs had it.

Thank you for reminding! Then that was the likely purpose of the question mark mystery tab. All the same, the Time Eater being multi-purpose and the hub world being the final stage theories still stand. Since you're going to fight the Egg Dragoon before the Time Eater, you just feel there has to be something BEFORE the final boss. I mean, this is the celebration of 20 years of Sonic, and ever since the final boss was created there always was stages built to get to him, even since the first game. The Labyrinth Zone mix before the Final Zone in Sonic 1. Wing Fortress and the Silver Sonic battle in Sonic 2. Launch Base and the series of battles in Sonic 3. Death Egg and the series of bosses, as well as the Doomsday asteroid belt in Sonic & Knuckles. The final mini-level in Sonic CD. The adventure field progression in Sonic Adventure. Canon's Core in Sonic Adventure 2. Metal Madness is an exception. D< The Last Way in Shadow the Hedgehog. The End of the World in Sonic Next-Gen. Eggmanland and the mini Dark Gaia stages in Sonic Unleashed. Terminal Velocity in Sonic Colors.

My point being, there always has beem, since the beginning, more to the final boss besides just final boss battle out of nowhere, so I am sure there will be something after Planet Wisp and Egg Dragoon.

Have any of you ever stopped to realize that this "Egg Planet" thing is being completely over exaggerated upon?

Think about it. We just heard Eggman's Japanese VA say that right after the Tropical Resort piece was played during the Tokyo Game Show "Sonic 20th Anniversary Special LIVE" event.

He said "Eggu Puraneto Paruku". "Egg Planet Park".

The Japanese name to "Doctor Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park" is "EGG PLANET PARK".

Sonic Colours Cutscene 1 - Japanese Dub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNmPyGh0MbQ

Sonic 20th Anniversary Special LIVE - Tropical Resort/Emerald Coast

Seriously, did ANY of you stop and think that for a moment? Jesus, no one does their research.

Good point.

But I'm still hoping since this game is full of time holes and what not, that Planet egg is actually planet wisp, but with Eggman's construction completely finish and it being fully converted into one of the amusement park attraction. In this time hole, Sonic hasn't come to save the planets yet.

Could probably be like chemical plant with a more cheerful sky.

Edited by Mephiles550

To each there own, all opinions are different, yada yada yada. But... wow, man... wow...

Okay, maybe 'depressing' is a bit too strong, but it's certainly melancholy. It's decently fast-paced because it needs to fit Sonic running fast and stuff, but that is not a happy piano.

What was Infomation Pod?

I have no idea, but I am certain it wasn't a stage and rather something like maybe a museum or something of the sort?

Fa70ecfe64db.png

It's next to Genesis, so I feel certain it's some extra thing. I also will mention, looking over the demo files again, Time Eater is not mentioned in the files besides there being an "Extra Difficult" mission for Time Eater like the rest of the bosses. This unfortunately though, likely deconfirms that Time Eater is a stage and boss, and likely is just a boss.