Awoo.

Could SEGA Surprise Us?

Legendary Emerald

I always figured the water was like that naturally. Alien planet, alien water, right?

This is very possible, considering the whole boss keys thing.

There are sections of the level where you can see the stuff draining out of the Doc's infrastructure.

En garde, worthy opponent.

Thank you for reminding! Then that was the likely purpose of the question mark mystery tab. All the same, the Time Eater being multi-purpose and the hub world being the final stage theories still stand. Since you're going to fight the Egg Dragoon before the Time Eater, you just feel there has to be something BEFORE the final boss. I mean, this is the celebration of 20 years of Sonic, and ever since the final boss was created there always was stages built to get to him, even since the first game. The Labyrinth Zone mix before the Final Zone in Sonic 1. Wing Fortress and the Silver Sonic battle in Sonic 2. Launch Base and the series of battles in Sonic 3. Death Egg and the series of bosses, as well as the Doomsday asteroid belt in Sonic & Knuckles. The final mini-level in Sonic CD. The adventure field progression in Sonic Adventure. Canon's Core in Sonic Adventure 2. Metal Madness is an exception. D< The Last Way in Shadow the Hedgehog. The End of the World in Sonic Next-Gen. Eggmanland and the mini Dark Gaia stages in Sonic Unleashed. Terminal Velocity in Sonic Colors.

My point being, there always has beem, since the beginning, more to the final boss besides just final boss battle out of nowhere, so I am sure there will be something after Planet Wisp and Egg Dragoon.

Exactly. "???" seems perfect for multi-usage to begin with, so the final stage, if [hopefully] any, would simply be called "???". Or Time Eater is not only a title card, but possibly a stage. Being the last boss and all, it could be both.

I think "Genesis" Is the sonic 1 game you buy at the shop.

"Information pod" is this?

infopod5.jpg

infopod.png

Edited by Mephiles550

infopod5.jpg

infopod.png

I was thinking that might be the Information Pod. Genesis most guessed was the Genesis games especially once the Genesis Emulator thing was found in the programming.

I think there might be a Cannon's Core type stage.

For the record, I'm annoyed that Genesis is an emulator and not an awesome name for a final level..

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a thought last night there would be a final hybrid stage, made up of Scrap Brain/Launch Base/Final Egg/Final Fortress/Aquatic Base/Terminal Velocity or Asteroid Coaster or something. Two finales from each era. But probably not. We'll either get a rehash of the levels that are already in the game, the final boss will incorporate some platforming, or it will just go to the boss anyway after Planet Wisp. Planet Wisp may have cheery music, but the beautiful locale and the machinery have a nice dissonance, which imo is kind of fitting.

I think there might be a Cannon's Core type stage.

For the record, I'm annoyed that Genesis is an emulator and not an awesome name for a final level..

Beat me to the punch with this one. The premise and implications of that name alone would have set up for an insane final act if pulled off correctly.

I think I'll still be surprised by this game...I mean, the replay value is INSANE so there must be new stuff we haven't seen (hell, we haven't even seen 1 mission, not to mention there are 6 bosses we haven't seen in action yet)

And the name would be shit if they localised it :P But yeah, Genesis is a fantastic, fitting and clever final boss name. Too bad 06 already had the "Egg Genesis" boss.

infopod5.jpg

infopod.png

This is just some crazy idea that probably won't happen, but since I'm pretty sure the hub world is in a space between spaces, how cool would it be if when the finale is unlocked there is an epic final level in the hub to scale to get to the final boss door? Since the space grows as more is unlocked, and it definitely is a place separate off the different time frames and an integral part of the game, plus the music changes based on where you are in the hub, it's possible... I think it sounds cool, at least, and could explain why there is no final level mentioned as the hub world IS the final level.

We absolutely need this to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is just some crazy idea that probably won't happen, but since I'm pretty sure the hub world is in a space between spaces, how cool would it be if when the finale is unlocked there is an epic final level in the hub to scale to get to the final boss door? Since the space grows as more is unlocked, and it definitely is a place separate off the different time frames and an integral part of the game, plus the music changes based on where you are in the hub, it's possible... I think it sounds cool, at least, and could explain why there is no final level mentioned as the hub world IS the final level.

That would be somewhat of a reference to knuckles chaotix.

At least you fought the metal sonic machine in the hub, right?

And I kinda would like that,