Awoo.

Sami

So, I FINALLY beat Nyx. Abaddon's hear item was definitely more useful than Narcissus Flower, and saved me a lot of trouble when she started using Night Queen. Makes me wonder how could anyone beat her without it unless they are really overleveled. 

And

The Main Protag died? Wow, if he did I didn't see that coming. But...how? I'm guessing this is explained in The Answer.

As for the Social Links...oddly, I agree with you. This game makes me realise my love of simulators even more. I love the combat too, requires some good strategy(except for Nyx. Seriously, how can anyone survive her Death Arcana without it?)

Anyway, playing the Answer now. Let's see what all the fuss is about...

Persona 4: Dancing All Night Trailer #2

Izanagi on Lead Guitar, Take-Mikazuki on Drums, Jiraiya on Rhythm guitar, Sukona-Hikona on Violin, Himiko on Harp, Konohana Sakuya on Saxophone and Kintoki-Douji on the Piano. And thus, Tomoe became irrelevent.

Wow, I knew Persona 4 was light hearted but...talk about severe mood whiplash from Persona 3. (Please tell me in Persona 4 they don't crack jokes while investigating the murders. lol)

Anyway, yeah The Answer is a real endurance test. All the dungeons are so damn long, and I'm only just in the beginning. But, I'll still go through with it. I wanna know what happens in the story. (I know I could watch it on Youtube, but I'd rather watch the cutscenes on my big screen.)

Persona 4: Dancing All Night Trailer #2

Izanagi on Lead Guitar, Take-Mikazuki on Drums, Jiraiya on Rhythm guitar, Sukona-Hikona on Violin, Himiko on Harp, Konohana Sakuya on Saxophone and Kintoki-Douji on the Piano. And thus, Tomoe became irrelevent.

• 2 weeks later...

That god damn beauty pageant in P4 Golden was way too long.(Though it was funny to see Kanji in a dress) The rest made me cringe, and the scene with the Amagai Inn...okay, Yosuke deserved being dragged into the cross dressing pageant for being an ass(as always) but the girls had no reason to be an ass to the guys when it was the male's turn to go into the hot spring. Did I mention that I really hate the anime cliche of guy accidentally walking into the bath and the girls not giving them a chance to explain. I bet that's original Golden content was it?

Anyway, made it to the more interesting part of

Nanako's kidnapping. Gonna rescue her tomorrow

No, that scene was in the original game. It was a gag in Persona 3 so it's a gag here, didn't really bother me much.

tonally P4 is all over the place.

One minute you have a dead lady hanging on a post by her shirt and the next you have Yosuke and Yu getting food poisoning, it's really hard to call it either lighthearted or serious.

People generally say it's more lighthearted than P3 in general which it kinda is. Hell, it's constantly brought up in PQ, how the Investigation Team's shit is way more small-time than what SEES are dealing with.

• Thumbs Up 1

People generally say it's more lighthearted than P3 in general which it kinda is. Hell, it's constantly brought up in PQ, how the Investigation Team's shit is way more small-time than what SEES are dealing with.

well ye, not hard to be more light hearted than a game with momento mori aka. "remember you have to die" as it's tag line.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hmm....

made it to the part where it's revealed Namanate isn't the killer. That just leaves one person. Guess I was wrong in the beginning. I seriously thought it was the random gas station attendant in the very beginning of the game, but that would have been too much of a cop out.

Speaking of character development, I liked the structure in P3 better, where the characters get the majority of their development during the main story and their S Links being another part of that development. 

I seriously thought it was the random gas station attendant in the very beginning of the game, but that would have been too much of a cop out.

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *ahem*

New P4D trailer for Nanako.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a random thought in my head but I've been wondering who's 

going to die

in Persona 5. It seems like it's been a recurring trend with it happening in P3 and P4 (well, not quite for P4 depending on your choices, but it's technically not canon anyway). Then again we only know 4 characters in the game so it's probably a bit too early to be thinking about this, lol.

5lJPtR7.png

The protagonist?

Maybe he doesn't even exist?

I'm getting super-existential.

Hmm....

made it to the part where it's revealed Namanate isn't the killer. That just leaves one person. Guess I was wrong in the beginning. I seriously thought it was the random gas station attendant in the very beginning of the game, but that would have been too much of a cop out.

I kek'd pretty hard.

• Thumbs Up 6

OH. MY. GOD.

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME I WAS RIGHT SINCE THE BEGINNING?! I made it to the part where it's revealed the gas station attendant is Inazami. Wow. Just wow. I told myself in the beginning that the gas station attendant could have been behind everything because Yu got that weird flash thing after he shook hands with her. I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS ACTUALLY RIGHT!

Well...now that they actually explained it though, it's not much of a cop out anymore. lol at me figuring it out just from that obscure thing in the beginning. Think I should write a mystery novel? :S

Still bitter about the hospital scene and everything that came after. Ruined the whole game for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

What do you mean?

Nanako coming back to life was bullshit. If you're going to make me get attached to this girl just for her to die, don't abruptly bring her back to life with no explanation.

Don't even get me started on that laughable "the gas attendant was a god and was behind everything" plot twist. A bad ending to a game can ruin the entire game for me, and P4 has one of the worst final stretches I've ever seen.

Nah, the power of friendship saved Nanako, obviously. Yeah, I've talked to people about it, it's kinda dumb. I can't comment on the latter because Ameno-sagiri is an ass boss fight >.> I'll beat P3 and 4 eventually, I swear.

Nanako coming back to life was bullshit. If you're going to make me get attached to this girl just for her to die, don't abruptly bring her back to life with no explanation.

Don't even get me started on that laughable "the gas attendant was a god and was behind everything" plot twist. A bad ending to a game can ruin the entire game for me, and P4 has one of the worst final stretches I've ever seen.

I fully agree about Nanako. If you want to kill her off then they should've just let her stay dead...it worked for Shinjiro in P3 after all. But hey, they needed her for all the spin-offs they wanted to make so yeah, lol.

As for Izanami...eh, I just rolled with it, although it could've been a better ending really.

I fully agree about Nanako. If you want to kill her off then they should've just let her stay dead...it worked for Shinjiro in P3 after all. But hey, they needed her for all the spin-offs they wanted to make so yeah, lol.

As for Izanami...eh, I just rolled with it, although it could've been a better ending really.

Well I think it's partially down to the principle that Shinjiro was a hardened dude who had been on drugs and basically on a path of self destruction.  He was there willing to die.  Nanako is a little girl who did nothing inherently wrong that one couldn't help but grow attached to.  Honestly I feel a better way they could've handled it was simply to keep her sick instead of killing her....only to bring her back to life.  That would've made a little more sense imo.

• Thumbs Up 2