Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

rumor is that a modern demo may come out tomorrow, or sometime this week,

also, some one mention, from the half hour footage, a sega employee also said a demo coming this month.

anyone remembered sega saying something like this??

[EDIT] ok so now its been said the demo is coming out on october 19th, confirmed by sega france at the micromania games tour, some people thinks the demo is green hill zone, or city escape or rooftop run, what do you think?

(EDIT2) ok now its confirmed that a demo is coming out for modern and classic sonic

XBLA and PSN owners in europe will get it on october 19th

XBLA owners (worldwide i think) will get it on october 19th too

PSN owners wiill get it october 25th,

Edited by jordine

Lemme explain it for you.

Jacktheinfinite, when he hacked the demo in June, said that from an unnamed source, Sega is planning to release another Demo (Rooftop run or City Escape) on October 10th, or October 15th. That's it. No official source or anything, just a statement made by a you-tuber.

Is there going to be another Demo? Yes, mot likely.

Is there going to be another demo this week? No, most likely not.

Here is the video, at 17:16 is where he talks about it.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

rumor is that a modern demo may come out tomorrow, or sometime this week,

also, some one mention, from the half hour footage, a sega employee also said a demo coming this month.

anyone remembered sega saying something like this??

Lemme explain it for you.

Jacktheinfinite, when he hacked the demo in June, said that from an unnamed source, Sega is planning to release another Demo (Rooftop run or City Escape) on October 10th, or October 15th. That's it. No official source or anything, just a statement made by a you-tuber.

Is there going to be another Demo? Yes, mot likely.

Is there going to be another demo this week? No, most likely not.

By the way, Jim from Retro confirmed that the Rooftop Run asset has nothing to do with this supposed second demo.

Unleashed's demo wasn't released until after the game came out, I wouldn't heighten my expectations too much.

• Thumbs Up 2

By the way, Jim from Retro confirmed that the Rooftop Run asset has nothing to do with this supposed second demo.

Unleashed's demo wasn't released until after the game came out, I wouldn't heighten my expectations too much.

PS3-demo was released the day before delayed PS3-version. happy.pnghappy.pngcool.png

PS3-demo was released the day before delayed PS3-version. happy.pnghappy.pngcool.png

... please stop abusing smilies. It's annoying.

Anyways, now that everyone knows the truth, what say we all switch the conversation to what we expect out whatever EVENTUAL demo we might get? Otherwise topic could just be locked now.

Personally, I'm expecting either Modern Green Hill or Modern City Escape. Hoping for City Escape, personally.

Theres been a date in the 1st demo's config files that state that something was going to be released, heres the original text,

体験版(その2) 本番リリースの前(9月か10月)

Which google translates to:

Trial version (The Two) Prior to production release (Nine Month or Ten Month)

Google translate isn't 100% perfect so that translation needs work. anyone care to fix it?

Hmm, that's new, haven't seen that before.

I'm guessing Nine month or Ten Month means September or October?

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like it. but as you can see it doesn't really menction a date so it can be anytime this month.

Edited by goku262002

Well since September has passed, I'm guessing the demo is coming real soon.

just my guess....but this is what I see trial version (demo) (the two (second) ) Prior to production release (made available before launch date) (Nine month or ten month (September or October) ) It'd be cool if a demo actually comes out

thanks for the info, i was super curious about this demo,

i wouldn't mind if there isnt any,

Theres been a date in the 1st demo's config files that state that something was going to be released, heres the original text,

Which google translates to:

Google translate isn't 100% perfect so that translation needs work. anyone care to fix it?

i translate it and i got this:

Trial (2) production before the release (or October 10)

I am REALLY hoping for another demo, this week would be fantastic butttt I'm not convinced it's gonna happen just yet, maybe they'll surprise us. I'm also hoping for just Modern Green Hill and nothing more.

We're bound to get a demo based on the retail version. But when we get it exactly is another thing altogether.

I'll copy paste my thoughts:

If its a 20 day demo, here's my thoughts:

In the US, The Game is released on Nov 1st

In the UK, its the 4th.

On the 10th, that would be 21 days till the release for the US, and the 15th would be 20 days for the UK.

My guess is it will be released between the 11th-15th.

At this point it's probably a "No shit sherlock", but that's what my take on it is.

I am REALLY hoping for another demo, this week would be fantastic butttt I'm not convinced it's gonna happen just yet, maybe they'll surprise us. I'm also hoping for just Modern Green Hill and nothing more.

me too because they already spoiled many fans playing city escape, green hill is good enough

thanks for the info, i was super curious about this demo,

i wouldn't mind if there isnt any,

i translate it and i got this:

Trial (2) production before the release (or October 10)

No big mystery there. the "()" was throwing off the translation so i took them out and seprated the seprate characters like so:

体験版

その

本番リリースの前

月か

And i got my result then i rebuilt the sentence.

Edited by goku262002

It would be weird for Sega to release the second to last level as a demo.

Lol, didn't stop em with Sonic 2006 mind you.

That makes sense. It would be weird for Sega to release the second to last level as a demo.

Valve had a section of the final Left 4 Dead 2 campaign as a demo. I don't see why Sega couldn't release Rooftop Run.

What I recall from the demo files is that there was a section for "demos" in the file and dates next to them. One of them was labelled as public demo or something like that, there was TGS demo, and such, and there was a second 'public' demo slated for October release. It wasn't the Youtuber, but they could of changed the dates or something.

What I recall from the demo files is that there was a section for "demos" in the file and dates next to them. One of them was labelled as public demo or something like that, there was TGS demo, and such, and there was a second 'public' demo slated for October release. It wasn't the Youtuber, but they could of changed the dates or something.

The files were saying things like:

-E3 Demo

-Gamescom Demo

-TGS Demo

-2nd Trial

None of the files said "Public Demo" and second Trial can mean anything.

Here's how I see it. The game is currently in it's near finished state and I think the next demo will be released after the game has finished development as in some cases, demos are trials of the finished product.

Granted not all demos are based off the finished product but I do know I've played a few demos that are the finished game. I could possibly be wrong on this but we'll have to wait and see what Sega do.