Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

Maybe because every time he posts a flaw in the game, everyone wants to rant and rant about how wrong he is or that he should give the game a chance, yet no one says a damn thing when nothing but praise is going towards the game, you guys are just as bad because you make it seem like its perfectly fine to praise and love the game, but the second someone comes in with a legitimate complaint, they're suddenly considered evil.

The problem not that his complaint is illegitimate; fact: the rolling in Sonic Generations is severely flawed and SEGA should have fixed this long before the game game out. The problem is that Dio has a habit of taking things to the unreasonable extreme, such as saying that the game is programmed just as poorly as Sonic 4 is. But this topic isn't about Dio.

From Twitter:

GodDamnProtoman Kenny@ @LegendEmerald so I can't play it in HD.. Cool.. It works better on my tiny CRT... But I really want to experience it in HD without issue.

Yeah, so it was the guy's tv that was the issue. Thanks for helpin' out, SSMB!

Edited by Legendary Emerald

That's why I hate him. While he may show some good points, he always drives everyone into the same goddamn discussion.

"HURR PHYSICS." Cue Sonic Wars #42648.

I think that has more to do on how split/divided this fanbase is.

Most fanbases love when their favorite franchise takes a new direction that at the same time, works on the conventional core mechanics that the respective franchise is usually accustomed to.

The thing about Sonic, is that everyone has a different opinion of what a Sonic game should be, so you'll never really get a general consensus in a fanbase like this one.

Generations Classic is just as bad as Sonic 4. It misses the point just as much, and it's programmed just as poorly.

Except better....well.....everything.

Nobody said it isn't a flaw. Heck, I agree, the rolling is pretty poor. Its just, it really isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. Sure it won't play exactly like the classics any more and level design will be different, but it won't automatically make the game any less enjoyable to play, at least not to me.

Well Dio obviously holds the classics in high regards so anything less he should have a right to complain about it without about five different members getting butthurt over it.

Let's say your child brings home a B+ on a test, its only natural that you'd expect him to bring home an A the next time right? So he takes another test and he gets a C on it, you'd be pretty disappointed even though he technically didn't fail it right?

The problem not that his complaint is illegitimate; fact: the rolling in Sonic Generations is severely flawed and SEGA should have fixed this long before the game game out. The problem is that Dio has a habit of taking things to the unreasonable extreme, such as saying that the game is programmed just as poorly as Sonic 4 is. But this topic isn't about Dio.

The rolling is annoying.

I don't understand why it is so hard to replicate the physics of a 20yr old game.

I'm sure they built Classic Sonic's mechanics around the level design, and are also restricted to having to emulate the physics within the Hedgehog Engine.

But I'm just curious, as to what they were aiming for with that.

I still enjoyed both Modern and Classic though, Modern slightly more.

The problem is that Dio has a habit of taking things to the unreasonable extreme, such as saying that the game is programmed just as poorly as Sonic 4 is. But this topic isn't about Dio.

And so what if he does? Doesn't mean its true, Dio is a very blunt person I thought everyone by now would know this and not get upset over everything he says.

Maybe because every time he posts a flaw in the game, everyone wants to rant and rant about how wrong he is or that he should give the game a chance, yet no one says a damn thing when nothing but praise is going towards the game, you guys are just as bad because you make it seem like its perfectly fine to praise and love the game, but the second someone comes in with a legitimate complaint, they're suddenly considered evil.

EDIT: You know what...fuck it.

Edited by V0YANT

Well Dio obviously holds the classics in high regards so anything less he should have a right to complain about it without about five different members getting butthurt over it.

Let's say your child brings home a B+ on a test, its only natural that you'd expect him to bring home an A the next time right? So he takes another test and he gets a C on it, you'd be pretty disappointed even though he technically didn't fail it right?

Seems like Shadic understands Dio perfectly. Now can we get off the subject of Dio and back to the demo? Do you want Sean coming in Bitch slapping ALL of you again like he did yesterday or the day before?

Classic Sonic has better blur in his background though.

Really? Guess I never spent much time with C hog since I get bored of that gameplay fairly fast.

The rolling is annoying.

I don't understand why it is so hard to replicate the physics of a 20yr old game.

I'm sure they built Classic Sonic's mechanics around the level design, and are also restricted to having to emulate the physics within the Hedgehog Engine.

But I'm just curious, as to what they were aiming for with that.

I still enjoyed both Modern and Classic though, Modern slightly more.

They probably thought they'd just throw Classic Sonic in there to quell the whiny fanboys wanting him back and just half step his gameplay because they know almost no one is going to care enough to bash the game for it, while they improve the modern formula.

I'm not saying he shouldn't complain. The first time around I was merely making an observation. Plus, the whole Sonic 4 comparison was completely uncalled for and completely incorrect. Sonic 4 has much worse programming than generations. This is simple fact, the two are barely comparable.

This is a completely different can of worms.

I think it isn't my right to be disappointed in this situation, seeing as his/her test results have little to do with me, even as a parent. What matters is if the child is disappointed in his or herself.

Edited by Scar

I think the notion that people are ganging up on one another is kind of overblowing the situation. No one has actually insulted each other, at worst we've had a heated discussion and fail to see eye-to-eye.

EDIT: You know what...fuck it.

No, I'm curious post what you wanted to say, PM it to me if you want to.

I'm about to run back out so I only have time for some quick responses:

The problem is that Dio has a habit of taking things to the unreasonable extreme, such as saying that the game is programmed just as poorly as Sonic 4 is.
Does it help if I phrase it as, in my opinion the broken rolling in Generations is just as bad as the broken momentum in Sonic 4?

Most fanbases love when their favorite franchise takes a new direction that at the same time, works on the conventional core mechanics that the respective franchise is usually accustomed to.
I'm still waiting for this to happen.

They probably thought they'd just throw Classic Sonic in there to quell the whiny fanboys wanting him back and just half step his gameplay because they know almost no one is going to care enough to bash the game for it, while they improve the modern formula.

I love how everyone here is coming up with baseless theories about shit.

The game was supposed to be entirely made in 2D, and for you information the idea of having C. Sonic playable was not of the direct result of Sonic 4 it was planned from the start.

Edited by V0YANT

Prime example of what I'm talking about, stuff like that starts shit.

Shouldn't people be allowed to comment on Dio's opinions? The same way he comments on ours?

No ones getting butthurt, it's called discussing the weak and strong points of the game.

He has as much as a right, as anyone else on here does.

And there are ways to criticize an opinion, without getting into an all out war over nothing.

I'm not saying he shouldn't complain. The first time around I was merely making an observation. Plus, the whole Sonic 4 comparison was completely uncalled for and completely incorrect. Sonic 4 has much worse programming than generations. This is simple fact, the two are barely comparable.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't neither side is right in this situation so why push the argument even further?

This is a completely different can of worms.

I think it isn't my right to be disappointed in this situation, seeing as his/her test results have little to do with me, even as a parent. What matters is if the child is disappointed in his or herself.

So what if the child doesn't care? You not expressing your feelings on the subject gives your child the impression that you don't care, and if his own parent doesn't care if he passes or fails why should the child? Think of us as the parents and ST as the child in this situation.

I don't think anyone here is really getting mad at what Dio is saying. Why is it so bad as to question his reasoning for why things in this are bad, or just argue against one of his points? As long as it doesn't get to the point where we're throwing crap at each other, it's fine.

Does it help if I phrase it as, in my opinion the broken rolling in Generations is just as bad as the broken momentum in Sonic 4?

You might be waiting a while, you have to take into account that Sonic Team no longer has the same talent they had before.

Look at all the franchises that are still extremely successful, and release hit after hit.

They still have those same core game designers.

But maybe we'll get something new after Sonic Generations and Sonic 4: Episode 2.

Btw, lol, we are all so off topic right now.

I guess I'm partially to blame.

So what if the child doesn't care? You not expressing your feelings on the subject gives your child the impression that you don't care, and if his own parent doesn't care if he passes or fails why should the child? Think of us as the parents and ST as the child in this situation.

This analogy is far too open-ended to actually work.

Only slightly. Whilst the cumulative effect of broken momentum vs broken rolling is entirely subjective. Sonic 4's lack of momentum is overall much more detrimental to the gameplay than broken rolling. How essential rolling is to the core gameplay is dependant on the individual, so your mileage may vary.

I'd rather have broken rolling than no momentum (Sonic 4 had both broken rolling AND no momentum).

Its a possibility. The current director of Sonic Team is being replaced by Iizuka, who was much more in line with SA1's gameplay, seeing as he was one of the few who pioneered it. His role as producer has little effect on the direction of the games.

Shadic we're veering into dangerous territory over here.

So I'll say this (Any more and we'll have to take this to PM's):

My main concern, if I was the parent, would be in the child's phychological response to recieving the C-grade. If he didn't care, then I would be disappointed in him due to his lack of concern for his own education, rather than the grade itself. If he was dissappointed in himself, I would be proud to see that my child has the maturity to accept that he made mistakes and underperformed by his own standards, and I would hope that he works harder to better himself, not for me, but for himself.

Again, we're entering a weird area. Any more will need to be in PM's

Edited by Scar

Not to prolong an overly heated discussion, but let's keep in mind that Sonic Generations has been in production as long as Sonic 4. I've wondered for awhile if Classic Sonic was originally going to play the same way he plays in SG and that they overhauled the physics for C.Sonic in response to the Sonic 4 catastrophe.

In fact, in one of the recent interviews Aaron did, he was discussing fan input and he mentioned C.Sonic as being evidence of SEGA listening to the fans after they criticized the Sonic 4 gameplay.

Edited by SpookyMulder

I find this argument funny becuase its the opposite of Generations. Its more like my kid brought a D (Unleashed) and now came with a B+ (Generations.)

In fact why in the fuck are we judging this game as a whole already? The game isn't even out yet...how the hell does anyone know this game is ANYTHING A to AAAA worthy.

Edited by V0YANT

Infact why in the fuck are we judging this game as a whole already? the game isn't even out yet...how the hell does anyone know this game is ANYTHING.....

Our judgments are based off of control and physics, which we have access to and are probably going to be the same in the final build. If we were talking about content and overall level design, then that would be judging the game too early.

I love how everyone here is coming up with baseless theories about shit.

I think the classic gameplay in Generations speaks for itself on my "baseless" assumptions.

The game was supposed to be entirely made in 2D, and for you information the idea of having C. Sonic playable was not of the direct result of Sonic 4 it was planned from the start.

Ok, none of this changes the fact that Classic gameplay in Generations isn't up to par with the gameplay its supposed to be emulating.