Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

ts a possibility. The current director of Sonic Team is being replaced by Iizuka, who was much more in line with SA1's gameplay, seeing as he was one of the few who pioneered it. His role as producer has little effect on the direction of the games.

Which explains all the great open level designs in SS and SSH

LOLBOOOST

Edited by Soniman032-

The rolling is annoying.

I don't understand why it is so hard to replicate the physics of a 20yr old game.

I'm sure they built Classic Sonic's mechanics around the level design, and are also restricted to having to emulate the physics within the Hedgehog Engine.

But I'm just curious, as to what they were aiming for with that.

I still enjoyed both Modern and Classic though, Modern slightly more.

I agree, the gimped rolling does remove some of the satisfaction. There are some points where you just want to roll, but unless you're running at absolute top speed or you just did a spin dash it just doesn't work. However, I have found an awesome satisfaction from doing a spin dash, going up a ramp and then jumping 50ft into the air, something that was only really possible in the Adventure titles.

They probably thought they'd just throw Classic Sonic in there to quell the whiny fanboys wanting him back and just half step his gameplay because they know almost no one is going to care enough to bash the game for it, while they improve the modern formula.

I guess, I'm betting that S4: Episode 2 will nail it right on the head.

This analogy is far too open-ended to actually work.

It really isn't.

I don't think anyone here is really getting mad at what Dio is saying. Why is it so bad as to question his reasoning for why things in this are bad, or just argue against one of his points? As long as it doesn't get to the point where we're throwing crap at each other, it's fine.

Except that always happens whenever Dio posts: He posts, some one says why hes wrong or that he should give the game a chance, he makes a snarky post, and then the arguing begins.

I find this argument funny becuase its the opposite of Generations. Its more like my kid brought a D (Unleashed) and now came with a B+ (Generations.)

You're judging the game as a whole, I'm judging the classic gameplay.

In fact why in the fuck are we judging this game as a whole already? The game isn't even out yet...how the hell does anyone know this game is ANYTHING A to AAAA worthy.

Are we not allowed to judge the game based on its control and physics based on the demo? Its not like I condemned the game, I'm only judging the Classic gameplay based on what's already been shown.

It really isn't.

What grade is the kid in?

What kind of parents are they?

What is this child's educational history?

Does the child have any disabilities?

Did the child cheat on a test?

Do I really have to list these all off?

Also, it doesn't help that the "child" has changed "personalities" several times in the past decade. The Sonic Team of 1991 is not the same as the Sonic Team of 1998 is not the same as the Sonic Team of 2006 is not the same as the Sonic Team of 2008.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I'm the person who posted the lag video.

Just thought I'd throw out that I don't actually think the TV is the issue, as I have PLENTY of games that all work without lag. I think it just might be an oversight in the way the game is coded, I mean there is no real reason for the game to lag like this within my setup.

Really hope the game is fine on actual release, and that SEGA ends up fixing this. I want to play the game in HD, not my RCA CRT with a wood finish. Also moving my PS3 just to play a single game would be tedious as well.

we were practically begging for something of this quality and now that we have it and all we can do is BITCH? AND CALL IT SHIT?Its stuff like this that no WONDER everyone outside on of the community thinks as us as ungrateful, stuck up, asswholes.

And wayta blow things outta proportion. Last I checked, the only ones here with any objections were Dio and the occasional Phos.

Classic Sonic has plenty of momentum...shit doesn't need to be exactly like the the fucking classics in order for it to be entirely enjoyable. Sonic 4 is poorly made trash...I didn't even beat it cause it was so bad.

Putting Classic Sonic any where NEAR the same league as Sonic 4 is blasphemy let alone calling it BETTER in any way shape or form.

(Sky Sanctuary Zone Vid)

How do you put THIS in the same level as Sonic 4? I'm not talking about nostalgic BS I'm talking about delivery...Its doing everything else right instead of 1 thing. Compared to what we had 2 years ago that did EVERYTHING FUCKED UP...we were practically begging for something of this quality and now that we have it and all we can do is BITCH? AND CALL IT SHIT?

Its stuff like this that no WONDER everyone outside of the community thinks as us as ungrateful, stuck up, asswholes.

I have to say...I agree wholeheartedly.

Edited by KrazyBean14

I'm going to step out and agree with Dio. He's absolutely right that Classic Sonic has missed the point of Classic Sonic, just as Sonic 4's Sonic has. I'm still mad about it too. It's disappointing Generations C. Sonic is essentially Sonic 1 in terms of level design, but with an underpowered roll and overpowered spindash. The scripted ramps that launch you varying heights and the dysfunctional loops just add to it.

Though the generations stages look great from a design perspective. The stages have fun gimmicks and layouts that we haven't seen in Sonic for a good time now. While that doesn't excuse a misguided Classic Sonic, it certainly shows the whole thing isn't half assed. At least to the degree of Sonic 4. It's LEAGUES above Sonic 4.

It's just baffling they went all the way to bring back old school Sonic and went through all the effort to recreate those stages, and not at one point did they realize they didn't replicate the gameplay of the classics as well as they did everything else.

Edited by Tiller
  • Thumbs Up 3

And wayta blow things outta proportion. Last I checked, the only ones here with any objections were Dio and the occasional Phos.

I trying not to really call out anyone...I'm speaking from a generality stand point. Spur of the moment shit...I apologize, but my point still stands.

Classic Sonic in Generations is an improvement on Sonic 4

Congrats guys, we have reached the fucking promise land! No more complaining about anything, lest you want people outside the fanbase thinking we're craaaazy!

Congrats guys, we have reached the fucking promise land! No more complaining about anything, lest you want people outside the fanbase thinking we're craaaazy!

Well if you want to simplify it to the extreme...

There nothing wrong with constructive fucking criticism and having some disappointments...I do all the time and have them all the time...but theres a fucking way to do it properly without sounding like an ass hat and down right insulting everyone for liking something. Tiller is a perfect example.

If you feel like being a dick for a day go to gameFAQs.

Edited by V0YANT

C. Sonic is essentially Sonic 1 in terms of level design,

Im sorry but, can you explain this to me? Because from what ive seen of SS and SSH classic, it pretty much blows anything from Sonic 1 out of the water.

Edited by Soniman032-

I'm going to step out and agree with Dio. He's absolutely right that Classic Sonic has missed the point of Classic Sonic, just as Sonic 4's Sonic has. I'm still mad about it too. It's disappointing Generations C. Sonic is essentially Sonic 1 in terms of level design, but with an underpowered roll and overpowered spindash. The scripted ramps that launch you varying heights and the dysfunctional loops just add to it.

Though the generations stages look great from a design perspective. The stages have fun gimmicks and layouts that we haven't seen in Sonic for a good time now. While that doesn't excuse a misguided Classic Sonic, it certainly shows the whole thing isn't half assed. At least to the degree of Sonic 4. It's LEAGUES above Sonic 4.

It's just baffling they went all the way to bring back old school Sonic and went through all the effort to recreate those stages, and not at one point did they realize they didn't replicate the gameplay of the classics as well as they did everything else.

Maybe it is as my earlier theory suggested.

They added the classic gameplay as an afterthought due to Sonic 4's massive controversy; originally intending it to play along the lines of Rush. That would demonstrate that the flaws aren't the result of haphazard programming (they've been paying way too much attention to miss something that obvious), but rather pressure from the wrong sections of the fanbase. Maybe they didn't intend to have 2D at all, and all of the classic stuff we see is the result of said pressure. It would make sense given how something so simple as ramp angles and rolling friction values weren't quite right, because really, that is the extent of the problem. It makes little sense that such obvious things were missed out in a game in development for nigh on 3 years, unless it actually started being made much later in the development cycle.

Edited by Scar

Really it's better than the absolute worst thing it could possibly be? Well I'm sold.

• Thumbs Up 3

If you feel like being a dick for a day go to gameFAQs.
They don't like me there, either.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its always funny to me how you get TOO loud and vibrant with your complaints, you're a troll or a dick and everyone hates you. But if you join the chorus of OMG PLAYED THIS 2 MINUTE DEMO AND IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING ALL MY RINGS SEGA HAVE MY BABIES, no one bats an eye at you.

You can complain, but God help you if you do so in a manner people find bothersome.

So yeah, has anyone run into any hilarious glitches yet?

Actually, yes!

I managed to break open an item box as Classic Sonic by simply landing on it without being in a spin-attack. It's not too hard to replicate, knock down the ring box hidden in the tree above the first slope, go back and run up said slope and try landing on top of the item box while uncurled. You'll still be able to open it. Pretty odd oversight.