Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

Spider-Man 2 Interpretation: I'm so sexy go out with me Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Web of Shadow Interpretation: I'm so sexy go out with me Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Edge of Time Interpretation: I'm so sexy go out with me Spider-Man.

This Interpretation: Everything in that interview.

I really, really hope this game doesn't fail to reach my ever-climbing expectations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spider-Man 2 Interpretation: I'm so sexy go out with me Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Web of Shadow Interpretation: I'm so sexy go out with me Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Edge of Time Interpretation: I'm so sexy go out with me Spider-Man.

This Interpretation: Everything in that interview.

I really, really hope this game doesn't fail to reach my ever-climbing expectations.

Spectacular Spider-man did it best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed.

The more like Spectacular anything is, the better it'll be.

I kind of wish they would make an open-world game based off Spectacular, done with a similar graphics style to Ultimate. It could give us some closure on the series...and be AWESOME!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree. She was hot, but she actually had a character. From what I'm hearing (not a big comic fan here, and never played a Spider-Man game other then SD), she's mainly a pair of breasts in other media.

Oh, and

I kind of wish they would make an open-world game based off Spectacular, done with a similar graphics style to Ultimate. It could give us some closure on the series...and be AWESOME!!!

THIS SO MUCH!

Edited by Chaos Warp

*Looks at concept art*

3-4ani-sal-waggle.gif

That is one creepy nerd.

As for the game itself, I just boarded the hype train. But I'm still being skeptical about the game seeing as we have not seen any real gameplay yet.

I agree. She was hot, but she actually had a character. From what I'm hearing (not a big comic fan here, and never played a Spider-Man game other then SD), she's mainly a pair of breasts in other media.

She had/has character. Keep in mind that the reason I am flip-flopping between past and present tense is because Black Cat has always been written inconsistently. The problem is that the writers often use/d her as a romantic device to add spice to a relationship that really wasn't ever going to be broken. She could be considered the closest thing Spider-man actually has to a "side-kick" because she started becoming more heroic and less of criminal over time.616 universe has Black Cat have a background similar to Spectacular up to the point that her father was portrayed by Kingpin and did not kill Ben Parker. Hell, she joined on teams with other third class superheroes. Ultimate Spider-man was an Anti-hero at most who wanted revenge on Kingpin and saw Spider-man as an ally and potential lover...until she found out how old he was. In one back story of hers, she was date raped and wanted revenge on her rapist, but the writers ditched that story because they thought it was too cliche. They never really nailed her character down and while she became characterized as Peter Parker's kinky ex-girlfriend with super powers(sometimes she did have super powers,sometimes she didn't), her biggest development that she came to love Peter Parker, the man behind the mask, instead of just Spider-man. It is too bad that most media sources like to portray her largest character development as the sole reason in being invested in her. However, Weisman(I fucking love him) seems to be a writer more attune to female inquiries as he regularly portrays them as more than just romantic plot devices which is why I am so sad that Spectacular Spider-man ended the way it did.

Edited by turbojet

*looks at concept art*

And this game takes place directly after the movie?!! Man, I'm almost bummed we'll probably never get to see those robots in the sequel of the movie. Seeing spidey fight those things on the big screen would've been epic.

Every time I pop in here, I expect to see some gameplay. I need to stop disappointing myself.

Not particularly new, just something that has some old footage plus alot of new footage we haven't seen yet.

Those shoes......

Some details from the new GameInformer article that was posted on the SSH boards.

-You might want to wait to play the game after seeing the movie. While the game does take place after the film, it reveals some key parts of the films finale.

-There will be several comic books to collect throughout the city, that can then be read on the disc.

-There will be interior levels. The first part of the game is Peter Parker visiting Oscorp and here you'll see several of the experiments taking place.(Rhino,Vermin,Iguana and Scorpia were mentioned.) During this scene a breakout ensues.

-After this level is when the Free Roam begins. You'll be able to stop muggings, bank robberies and car thefts. Civilians will react to you by asking for autographs and Taking pictures with their cell phones. As the story progresses they'll shout about different things you've been involved in.

-There are two different upgrade systems. One for combat and the other for tech(including web shooters.)

-The combat is similar to the Arkham series. One button for combat and one for dodging.

-Alistair Smythe is one of the main antagonists and creates several Different Spider Slayer models.

• Thumbs Up 5

-There will be interior levels. The first part of the game is Peter Parker visiting Oscorp and here you'll see several of the experiments taking place.(Rhino,Vermin,Iguana and Scorpia were mentioned.) During this scene a breakout ensues.

Amazing Spider-man: Iguana, Vermin, Black Cat, Rhino, Scorpia, and Alyster Smythe with Spider slayers.

Arkham City: Two face, Penguin, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, Solomon Grundy, Bane, Harley Quinn, Joker, Hugo Strange, Ra's Al Ghul, Clayface, Talia Al Ghul, Poison Ivy, Hush, Zsasz and The Riddler

Arkham Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker, Killer Croc, Zsasz, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Bane.

It is not the number that should bother you. The problem that I am pointing out is that these villains are no where near as interpersonal to Spider-man as they should be.

Edited by turbojet

Amazing Spider-man: Iguana, Vermin, Black Cat, Rhino, Scorpia, and Alyster Smythe with Spider slayers.

Arkham City: Two face, Penguin, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, Solomon Grundy, Bane, Harley Quinn, Joker, Hugo Strange, Ra's Al Ghul, Clayface, Talia Al Ghul, Poison Ivy, Hush, Zsasz and The Riddler

Arkham Asylum: Scarecrow, Joker, Killer Croc, Zsasz, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Bane.

It is not the number that should bother you. The problem that I am pointing out is that these villains are no where near as interpersonal to Spider-man as they should be.

I'm sensing a lack of Venom here, or he just doesn't have anything to do with the Amazing series?

Edited by Tmsp

Alistair Smythe? Wow, haven't heard that name in a while.

I'm sensing a lack of Venom here, or he just doesn't have anything to do with the Amazing series?

They wouldn't bring Venom in for one of the movie-games; his debut is definitely movie-worthy. Though I'm surprised we're missing out on more well known villains like Scorpion, Vulture, and Shocker. I've never even heard of half of these guys.

They wouldn't bring Venom in for one of the movie-games; his debut is definitely movie-worthy. Though I'm surprised we're missing out on more well known villains like Scorpion, Vulture, and Shocker. I've never even heard of half of these guys.

Isn't using lesser known villains a good thing? Especially since most people don't have much of a view on them is they even know them at all. it gives them room to work with.

Isn't using lesser known villains a good thing? Especially since most people don't have much of a view on them is they even know them at all. it gives them room to work with.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is not a bad thing. The problem is that there are no major villains at all. Imagine Batman without Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, and/or The Riddler. Instead, they had Bane, Zeus, Mad Hatter, Orca, and Man-Bat. Only really hardcore fans know who they are and there overall importance to the mythos is limited. I am not asking for a Venom or a Green Goblin. But a Kingpin would be nice.

It is not a bad thing. The problem is that there are no major villains at all. Imagine Batman without Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, and/or The Riddler. Instead, they had Bane, Zeus, Mad Hatter, Orca, and Man-Bat. Only really hardcore fans know who they are and there overall importance to the mythos is limited. I am not asking for a Venom or a Green Goblin. But a Kingpin would be nice.

Kingpin would be interesting, especially if Spidey and Black Cat teamed up against him or something (I assume the boss fight with Cat is a "Marvel Misunderstanding" and they'll be allies afterwards XP). Besides, just because he's "more of a Daredevil villain" these days, doesn't mean he can be a Spider-Man villain too, especially in an adaptation not set in the comic book 'verse.