Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

Not too sure what to think of Beenox, to be honest. I've only played a few minutes of Shattered Dimensions, but for the other Spider-Man games that I have played..mostly being Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man, I thought they were a lot of fun, so if this one is anything like those, then I'll be looking forward to it! biggrin.png

Considering the movie keeps looking more and more like trash to me, I can't say I have much hope for this game. But it's free-roaming again, so we'll see.

Considering the movie keeps looking more and more like trash to me, I can't say I have much hope for this game. But it's free-roaming again, so we'll see.

fix'd

Your comment was douchey and didn't add to the conversation, your opinion is invalid. (Hint; look at the time stamp, not that the post you mocked was good either)

OT: If that video was actually gameplay, then I'm liking the the little details they put into gameplay like where he does that little flip when jumps off the skyscraper. I liked most of the spider man games that came out when I was a kid, never played the more recent ones starting from 6th gen 2. This looks like a game I might have to keep an eye out for.

Replacing shit with shit is in no way an improvement. Especially when the new shit looks worse than the old.

I'm sorry, but we've only seen one trailer of the film. Everything that I've heard and seen about it looks and feels like Spider-man. Andrew Garfield looks like Peter and everything.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly that one trailer was everything I needed to see to sell me on this game. It has Spiderman and he's swinging around an open world city. That's really all I care about in a Spiderman game; no matter how fantastic any other part of the game is if I'm not spending the majority of my time aimlessly swinging past buildings for the fun of it I'm not interested. I blame the Spiderman 2 movie game. Popping that in the first time and realizing I was playing a game where I was allowed to just go do what I wanted with this big list of cool super powers and ignore the story unless I wanted to unlock more powers was the single most memorable gaming experience I've had.

Is it really that much of a crime for a Spider-Man game to take place in something other than an open New York City? I honestly thought Shattered Dimension looked like one of the more interesting Spider-Man game because of the various locations.

• Thumbs Up 4

Is it really that much of a crime for a Spider-Man game to take place in something other than an open New York City? I honestly thought Shattered Dimension looked like one of the more interesting Spider-Man game because of the various locations.

I'll give props to SD for getting Spidey 2099 and Spidey Noir into a game, even if I don't have interest in the game itself. I feel like a Spiderman game not being open world nerfs the sort of gameplay that comes naturally to the character's powers and removes all replay value. I mean the character is built around swinging from building to building doing all sorts of crazy acrobatics, and when you take out the open world aspect it cramps that.

Just a personal preference thing I guess, with the exception of the first movie game since at the time it came out that was a big impressive next-gen title, I've never been able to get into non-free-roaming Spiderman games.

We could always go to Jersey.

*gets bricked with extreme prejudice*

• 1 month later...

Has this trailer been shown yet?

Also we're promised a bigger showing at VGA this weekend. I'll add it to the list of announcements.

Does that mean Andrew Garfield will be Spidey's voice? I'll be kinda sad because I really would like Josh Keaton. My favorite voice.

And it also looks like it's using the awful costume from the new Spider-Man movie...why on Earth they decided to make him look like a hobo made it I'll never know.

I've gotten Spiderman 64, Spiderman, and Spiderman 2. Out of those, I LOVE Spiderman 2's open world. I never got Spiderman 3, but it sounds like I'm not missing much. :P I might be interested in getting this, although I still think they shouldn't have rebooted the series so suddenly. They could've made a good Spiderman 4, methinks...

That and I actually didn't think Spiderman 3 was that bad... *shot*

And it also looks like it's using the awful costume from the new Spider-Man movie...why on Earth they decided to make him look like a hobo made it I'll never know.

They did it to modernize it. There have have been like 50 Batman costumes and 20 different Iron Man designs in the past 20 years. Let Spidey get something new and not so hokey looking.

• Thumbs Up 1

They did it to modernize it. There have have been like 50 Batman costumes and 20 different Iron Man designs in the past 20 years. Let Spidey get something new and not so hokey looking.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

^ Well that's rather vague. Web rush doesn't sound much different from S-M 2's 'spider reflex' mode at the moment.

Anyways, I really hope this ends up halfway decent. I'm really excited to see a new open-world Spider-Man game, and I've liked pretty much all of them. (I'm not so big on Web of Shadows anymore, mostly due to its extreme repitition and lack of variety. Not a terrible game, but still)

^ Well that's rather vague. Web rush doesn't sound much different from S-M 2's 'spider reflex' mode at the moment.

Anyways, I really hope this ends up halfway decent. I'm really excited to see a new open-world Spider-Man game, and I've liked pretty much all of them. (I'm not so big on Web of Shadows anymore, mostly due to its extreme repitition and lack of variety. Not a terrible game, but still)

Wait, this is open-world?

I actually haven't heard any official word on the matter, but the trailer makes the city look way too spacious and detailed for anything else.