Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

@Eternal X: Really? I like both too be honest. I found it to be a really good game with good gameplay and lots of references. To each their own.

Okay. I am a huge Spider-man fan and I didn't even expect to hear about the Iguana. Might as well bring in every obscure Spidey villain that has appeared and associates with villains. I am talking Walrus-man, Lobster-man, Joe Quesada(I want this to happen. ALL OF MY MONEY!)

Don't forget the most amazing Spider-Man villain of all time.

Lady+Stilt-Man.jpg

asm6113.jpg

ASM611+-+ladystiltmandefeated.jpg

ladystiltman2.jpg

Also in the game she has to be screaming about how it's an homage.

Edited by PeanutButterDerp

Again who is Iguana? I guess me not knowing who he is makes me not the big fan I thought I was. I'll leave now.

*Kayne west stops me*

"That exit will be great and all but I gotta hand it to The amazing spider-man game. Shit looks great"

Dude, I've read every issue of Amazing Spider-Man from 1 to 650-ish. I've read every single issue of Ultimate, played nearly every Spider-Man game, and have seen plenty of the numerous TV shows. And I have never heard of Iguana. This is truly an obscure villain.

Nothing wrong with that, though. It shows there are actual fans working on this game. A game that, by the way, looks freakin' fantastic!

Dude, I've read every issue of Amazing Spider-Man from 1 to 650-ish. I've read every single issue of Ultimate, played nearly every Spider-Man game, and have seen plenty of the numerous TV shows. And I have never heard of Iguana. This is truly an obscure villain.

I never gave a shit about Spider-Man ever, and I actually heard about Iguana. How the fuck that works, I have no idea.

Anyways, the game is looking really good, like really really good. I might just have to pick this up.

• Thumbs Up 1

@PeanutButterDerp: Good to see I'm not the only one who liked Shattered Dimensions as well as open world games like Spider-Man 2. One other advantage you have with that game is the levels, which allow you to replay the stages and boss fights over and over, instead of only being able to do them once, meaning once you beat the final boss all you have left is races and random city missions. Also, the 12 missions per level were fairly fun, aside from a couple harder ones (the hidden spiders come to mind.)

Well, seeing the addition of such an obscure character is pretty nice actually. Thanks to that trailer, I am now 110% convinced I need to get this game. You know, because of Shattered Dimensions somewhat, and then Edge of Time, Beenox was starting to become the Spider-Man equivalent of Dimps. But this game's epicness should do away with any of that BEENOX!!! nonsense.

But this game's epicness should do away with any of that BEENOX!!! nonsense.

*Shadow's voice*

"So you say?"

New Preview! biggrin.png

Points of interests in italics and bold.

"

In Depth Look: 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Video Game

We got to check out the game and get some updates on how this one will differ from the previous ones.

By Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero | March 14, 2012

Last week during GDC, we got the chance to check out the upcoming video game for The Amazing Spider-Man from Activision and Beenox. The developers gave us the run-down of what we can expect in this game and what new features will be included as we got to see the early build of the game in action.

2242735-asm_spidey_against_manhattan_skyline_super.jpg

Since this isn't Beenox's first time with Spider-Man, they decided they wanted to come at the character from a slightly different approach. The plan is change up elements such as web-swinging, combat and even the visuals. To do this, they had to rework several aspects of their technology. Apparently the team that worked on Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions has been working on this game for nearly two years now. This has now become the biggest game they've worked on in terms of budget, time frame and resources.

The game will be based on four key pillars. The first is the story. Set in the upcoming movie's universe, the game will begin right where the movie ends off. What's good about this is they are not limited by any constraints from the movie. Characters such as Gwen Stacy and Curt Connors are said to play key roles in the game. Rhino has already been announced but because it's set in a different universe, they are able to explore his origin in a different fashion.

2242750-asm_spidey_jumping_down_super.jpg

The second pillar of the game is the notion of being Spider-Man. When starting this game, their goal was in figuring out how to deliver the fantasy of being Spider-Man. The first task was dealing with the camera. This time around, the camera is much closer to your character and you sometimes get the feeling you're looking right over Spidey's shoulders. The character build appears much larger on your screen rather than having the pulled back view of a tiny Spider-Man swinging around. And when you are swinging around, the impression is given that you're the one doing it.

As you swing through the city, you'll make little comments about what's going on around and when you swoop down at street level, you'll hear cheers and awe from the public. It turns out they actually built the camera mechanics before incorporating Spider-Man to make sure they really captured the web-swinging feel.

The third pillar is the new game mechanic called the “Web Rush.” This mode will give you an incredible amount of control over the character during the game. You will be able to perform acrobatics and change direction in mid-air in determining where you want the character to go.

At any time in the game, you can press the Web Rush button. This will slow down time and you'll be presented with a variety of situational choices of where to go with Spider-Man. You'll see a bunch of yellow silhouettes of Spidey that give you options of where you can go. You are not locked into these choices and always have to option of going wherever you want. When you release the button, the game's mechanics will calculate the path and generate a nifty sequence of parkour-style animations in getting you there. Again, at anytime, in any sequence, you can take back the controls. You can swing in another direction or hit the Web Rush button once again and do a 180 in mid-sequence. This will be handy during fight scenarios. As you become more comfortable with the Web Rush mode, you'll be able to use it quicker by just tapping the button rather than holding it down and making your decisions.

2242753-asm_spidey_overlooking_manhattan_super.jpg

The fourth pillar is bringing Manhattan back. The last time we had the full city was in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, four years ago. An enormous amount of detail has been put into the building of Manhattan. Standing on top of buildings you can see far off and get a scope of how big our playground can be.

As you move about the city, you'll come across different crimes situations you can jump into if you choose. There will be times you can help the police and even get involved in car chases (with you jumping on top of the car, of course). You won't feel forced to follow the set storyline since you have the freedom to move about but clearly you will have to complete main objectives to progress further in the game.

Spider-Man wears (obviously) the suit from the movie and, as you'd expect, there is a great amount of detail put into every aspect of it. The suit will get damaged over time (as in some other games we've recently seen). The suit will not magically heal over time. You will see Peter Parker's flesh underneath and possibly even his blood or scars if you continue to take a beating.

Besides the car chase mini-missions, there will be other things to do aside from the main story. There will be extreme races. Peter will get his camera back and have photo missions to accomplish. He'll also have an apartment in the city where he can go and do stuff. There is the overall story but you can go about Manhattan and do as you please, picking up the main objectives when you are ready. There will be a in-game map telling you were the different problems are.

2242755-asm_spidey_kick_to_the_chest__super.jpg

The entire game won't take place outdoors in Manhattan. There will also be indoor levels. We got to see a level at anOscorp secret facility. Connors research equipment has been stored here and for an “undisclosed reason,” Spider-Man needs to access them. The indoor game mechanics and swinging will be a little different than the outdoor ones to compensate for the change in environment, unlike in Shattered Dimensions.

The designer mentioned that they've taken notes from past games. There were many players that enjoyed the Spider-Man Noir parts in Shattered Dimensions. In response, they've brought back the stealth aspects, should you choose to use them. When entering a room full of guards, you can either jump right in and fight them or use stealth to take them down one at a time. There will also be a variety of stealth moves to mix things up.

The combat mechanics are varied with the style you take down the enemies. You always have the option of using the Web Rush feature in reverse. If the action gets too intense, you can always web yourself to a safe corner, on inside levels or outside ones.

The mechanical web shooters are back. There will be opportunities to upgrade your shooters throughout the games. At first you can simply hit thugs with webbing. Later it becomes more powerful and you can web parts of them to walls, etc. You won't have to worry about running out of web cartridges. In your belt, you'll have extra ones and there's a little animation showing you quickly reloading when necessary. The decision was made to have you contain the extra cartridges and not have to walk around and randomly discover ones lying around the environment. That always pulls you out of the game and just never makes sense.

2242757-asm_spidey_webs_rhino_super.jpg

A tiny glimpse of Rhino was given, showing how the Web Rush feature plays during the middle of a big battle.

Night and day will also play into the story of the game. For example, if you have a fight with Gwen, going outside will give you a dark feeling to enhance the mood of the game. There will also be a fake Twitter feed letting you know what the people of Manhattan are saying about your performance.

A final note, I tried getting at least a ballpark figure of how many villains we could expect but they couldn't even hint at a number. Voice actors couldn't be commented on either. We'll have to wait for future announcements.

On a side note, the mention and screenshots of a new villain, Iguana, has been released this morning.

2242762-asm_iguana_villain_shot_super.jpg

2242765-asm_spidey_faces_off_against_iguana_super.jpg

Overall, the game is shaping up nicely. The improvements do make the game look better than previous attempts. For an early build, it looks good. The real test will be when we're able to actually get our hands on the game for ourselves. The main story missions and side ones will have to be varied enough to keep it all interesting and fresh. Also the choice of other villains should make sense in the context of the game and not just give us random Spidey villains thrown in just for the sake of giving us more villains. Iguana is an interesting choice and fits in with the apparent theme of the story but he's not exactly one that gets me excited. We'll have to wait and see how it all turns out."

Point of interests:

-The camera was figured out before Spidey was put in to make sure it really captured the feel of web swinging.

-The "Web Rush" mechanic can let you change direction in the air.

-The "Web Rush" mechanic shows yellow silhouettes of Spidey performing moves.

-There is an animation for refilling your web shooters.(Nice detail!)

-There is a fake Twitter feed in which you can find out how people feel about your actions.(Again nice detail!)

-There are stealth sections though it seems like you can just attack them outright if you so choose.

This game just keeps sounding more and mores awesome! biggrin.png

EDIT: Another preview! biggrin.png

http://kotaku.com/58...een-waiting-for

Not much new but it's very positive and is only making me more excited! I must say I really like the sound of the new camera for webswinging. It makes me think of the scene in the first film where Spider-Man is after is uncle's killer and is swinging through traffic and past trucks. Which is fantastic as I always loved that scene in the film.

EDIT NUMBER TWO: Guess what? ANOTHER PREVIEW! biggrin.png It's big so I didn't read it all yet.

http://www.comicbook...rticle&id=37531

"Major film characters Gwen Stacy and Curt Connors will be featured in the game as well, implying both make it through the film alive."

"Other small details Beenox put in the game include a degradable Spidey suit that never repairs itself, "so you can really feel the human behind the mask" -- unless you swing over to Peter Parker's Manhattan apartment for some DIY repairs or fresh threads. A live Twitter feed will also show what people are tweeting in New York City at all times."

EDIT NUMBER THREE:Ohai preview number four! Would you care to join?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/03/preview-the-return-of-the-amazing-spider-man/1#.T2FMxxES32h

Like the fake Twitter feed idea. Can't wait until I eventually get the game and suck so bad there's nothing but people insulting Spidey. XD I guess it makes sense social media sites would have talk of superheroes in a universe that has them. I'll be disappointed if there aren't some really stupid ones.

Anyway, it's sounding better and better with each announcement. I'm hoping to see the game in action soon (outside of trailers that show a bunch of small glimpses, that is).

The Web Rush mechanic sounds VERY cool--for some reason I was imagining something like the web-zipping in Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time...it sounds like it has a similar function (getting you to a certain place), but the way it works is a lot different.

The indoor game mechanics and swinging will be a little different than the outdoor ones to compensate for the change in environment, unlike in Shattered Dimensions.

I'm guessing web swinging inside will be fairly slow or something?

The suit will get damaged over time (as in some other games we've recently seen). The suit will not magically heal over time. You will see Peter Parker's flesh underneath and possibly even his blood or scars if you continue to take a beating.

I'm guessing the suit DOES repair itself during cutscenes or at certain points...maybe you can repair it manually somehow? In fact...

He'll also have an apartment in the city where he can go and do stuff.

...maybe that's where you can repair the suit? :V

Oh, and I just want to say...

You won't have to worry about running out of web cartridges. In your belt, you'll have extra ones and there's a little animation showing you quickly reloading when necessary. The decision was made to have you contain the extra cartridges and not have to walk around and randomly discover ones lying around the environment. That always pulls you out of the game and just never makes sense.

This is a relief. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, we have infinite webbing. This is probably for the better be honest. Granted it will probably be interesting and really cool when/ifyou run out of webbing in the air and Spidey quickly refills his web shooters as he falls. Really happy they made an animation for refilling them.

One of the previews I posted mentioned that the suit doesn't repair itself and you actually have to go to Peter's apartment to repair his costume. It's a nice detail and I absolutely love it!

GT Video Interview on the Story and Gameplay.

http://www.gametrail...-amazing/728064

Notes of interest:

-You can interact with the Lizard and Conners in "a new way".

-New evolved versions of random crimes.

-"Web yourself to a helicopter". Spider-man 2 anyone?

Just realized something: So if the game takes place directly after the movie, and Connors is going to play a large role, that tells us he won't be killed off at the end of the movie like all of the Raimi villains.

Thank God, I was tired of that trend.

Anyway, it's sounding better and better with each announcement. I'm hoping to see the game in action soon (outside of trailers that show a bunch of small glimpses, that is).

The Web Rush mechanic sounds VERY cool--for some reason I was imagining something like the web-zipping in Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time...it sounds like it has a similar function (getting you to a certain place), but the way it works is a lot different.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Now that we know there's a twitter feed, I hope there's the ability to interact with it in some way, even if it's just posting comments.

Also, I just had a great idea. One of Spider-Man's charms is his snark, and the web rush allows you to slow down time in order to make better decisions. You should get the option to slow down time with web rush to think of snarky comebacks. Not only would it be hilarious, but it would be even more incentive to convince people to get this game, and I would definitely use it as often as possible. :P

At this point, I want to see the game in action. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long until some non-trailer footage. I guess I want to see the game in action before getting too hyped. XD

Gamespot interview.

http://uk.gamespot.c...ncisco-6366211/

The web rush sounds awesome! biggrin.png Selecting a destination like a lampost and Spidey kicking off a wall, running across another and reaching the lampost sounds neat. Sounds like a great way to show off Spidey's agility.

Also, I'm glad they're trying to keep away from spoilers.

EDIT: New screenshot and Morbius confirmed to NOT be in the game.

4f60db11221cf.jpg

"t seems that a lot of folks assumed that just because Michael Morbius is part of Rhino’s back story, he must be in the game. I hope I’m not providing too much of a buzzkill here, my friends, but he’s purely back story. You’ll hear him mentioned, and you may even learn more about him, but it’s all in the interest of expanding the universe. Something to keep in mind for future reveals: Whether it’s the Rhino bio or a bio you see for other characters to come, just because you see a familiar name, don’t assume he’s part of the game himself."

EDIT: Seems like an old friend is returning to Spider-Man games.

http://twitter.com/#...9255680/photo/1

EDIT NUMBER TWO: Marvel also answered some questions from across the internet. That guy narrating in the trailers is NOT Norman Osborne.

http://fans.marvel.c...many_questions!

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Seems like an old friend is returning to Spider-Man games.

http://twitter.com/#...9255680/photo/1

Wait a second. *clicks link* BRUCE CAMPBELL BACK AS NARRATOR? OH FUCK YES! <3 Now, I can't really think of anything else this game needs, aside from maybe the ability to spin webs to catch enemies/cars in, or for you to crawl on (after all, why wall-crawl on walls, when you can use webs to wall-crawl anywhere.) One thing I find interesting, is that I'm realizing the webrush sounds a lot like an idea I suggested for Sonic, that is being able to spindash in any direction (even in the air,) or being able to do chain homing attacks by aiming a cursor to plot out his course, with chaos control slowing time to a near stand-still while deciding your course. Obviously, this is more refined, but the fact that this is so similar to an idea I came up with is actually kind of awesome, especially since it does seem more fitting or a Spider-Man game than a Sonic one.

Another article with an interesting new move announced. As always, it's pretty positive.

http://www.siliconer...tton-to-escape/

"Web Rush Back" seems to be Spidey's equivalent of Bat's grappling hook. This should be helpful. I really like this idea.

You know, there has not been on thing said about this game that had worries me so far.

-Refined combat, similar to the Arkham games.

-Web swinging looks fluid, fast and fun.

-The camera is closer for web swinging which makes me think of the Arkham games.

-You can web to helicopters.

-Random crimes and more advanced random crimes.

-Gwen Stacy and Connors playing an important role.

-Being developed by Beenox who have proven themselves to be HUGE Spider-Man fans.

-Using obscure characters.

-Choosing whether you want to use stealth or go head to head.

-Most detailed New York City in a Spider-Man game yet.

-Using the environment, like dumpsters, in combat.

-New ideas like a map as Peter's cell phone GPS and a fake Twitter feed that reacts to what you do.

-Web Rush giving a way to show off Spidey's agility without making it hard or convoluted.

-Beenox saying they looked at what fans liked from all the past Spider-Man games.

-Bruce Campbell is in it.

-Stan Lee Skin... Nuff' Said.

Seriously, if Beenox was given the amount of time Rocksteady was for the Arkham games, we could get a really fucking awesome 616 Spider-man game. I would absolutely love that. But no, Activision has to have a new Spidey game out every year. They prefer quantity over quality.

On another note...

"This Spider-Man learned his fighting techniques from watching lucha libre videos on Youtube, the director said, which accounts for a more wrestling-like style."

This gave me a hilarious mental image of Peter just obsessing over wrestling videos on the internet and practicing them in his room and making an absolute mess. XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Seriously, if Beenox was given the amount of time Rocksteady was for the Arkham games, we could get a really fucking awesome 616 Spider-man game. I would absolutely love that. But no, Activision has to have a new Spidey game out every year. They prefer quantity over quality.

Oh God NO!

Now that you mention it, you are right. There has been a spidey game every year for the past....uh 2 maybe 3 years. OH NO. NOT THE COD SHIT!

Bruce Campbell?

More focus on Web-Swinging around Manhattan?

Can interact with New York in various ways and Spidey makes cracks?

I am extremely tempted to call this game Spider-Man 2 HD, but I don't want to jinx anything...

And that Box-art looks cool, but his fingers look a bit too furry for my taste.

Someone with a good eye noticed a few parts of the trailer that shows the silhouettes for the web rush.

webrush1.jpg

webrush3.jpg

webrush4.jpg

webrush6.jpg

webrush7.jpg

I really like the fact that they're making it easier to get in Spidey's acrobatics and navigation around NYC.

On another note, I am also really happy that they seem to be trying to make the city feel alive.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sorry for the double post but....

NEW PIC!

554312_10150625102924599_85581019598_9173363_519198329_n.jpg

Anyone else getting Spider-Man The Movie game vibes?

• Thumbs Up 4

Anyone else getting Spider-Man The Movie game vibes?

Not until I see footage of Mysterio getting one-hit ko.

• Thumbs Up 4