Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

True, that would make sense but it's not too much of a given, considering that the game is for the reboot. Though, Beenox did say that they were taking stuff that was loved from previous Spider-man games.

One preview mentioned that at Peter's department you can "repair you costume or trade it in for a new pair of duds". The preview also mentioned that at Peter's apartment, you can also view unlockables which will probably be unlocked by collecting the comic book pages that are lying around the city that Superherohype's preview mentioned.

Well, Bruce Campbell had cameos in each of the three movies. Most notably, in the first movie, he was the announcer that gave Peter the "Spider-Man" name. Maybe his appearance in this game is a cameo like that, rather than him being the narrator? (I'd much prefer him being the narrator, of course, but we don't know for sure at the moment.)

Collecting comic books, huh? Reminds me of the Ultimate Spider-Man game. Heh, it wouldn't be a Spidey game if there wasn't a bunch of secrets, especially alternate costumes!

Sounds like the Rhino fight is what we expected. Disappointing, but not really unexpected. Then again, apparently the previewer was only shown the beginning of the fight...maybe it gets more interesting at some point? Hmm...

The previewer was told that the "uninspired" part of the fight is just the first part and things start shaking up as they go along.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Okay, so I suppose it was never officially confirmed, but given he narrated the first three games, and I can't think of any other reason for him to record lines, it's pretty much a given.

And yes, their attention to detail is amazing, between the city, the new costume, the new, fully organic villains, and even a lot of little things like the twitter feed and inclusion of Iguana. Wait, change your costume? As in, they've confirmed unlockable costumes? Or is that just another logical assumption, given that Beenox had so many unlockable costumes in their first two Spider-Man games, and I'm pretty sure all three of the games for the first movies had unlockable costumes.

No, only the first one. The other two had little to no unlockables at all.

Is Bruce Campbell the narrator from Spider-Man 2? I think he was in the first as well... and fuck Spider-Man 3 so he probably wasn't in that one.

He's like an old friend at this point. I can't wait to start the game and hear him say something like "Well here we are again. Still doing this spider-thing I guess."

• Thumbs Up 3

He was the narrator for all three movie games. I bought each when they came out. he is like an old friend. I hope he is the narrator in TASM. he truly is an "old friend" by this point.

Sorry, but by this point Bruce Campbell doesn't need to be a narrator anymore, it's a reboot for petesake.

Make him a playable character, not a narrator.

• Thumbs Up 3

He was the narrator for all three movie games. I bought each when they came out. he is like an old friend. I hope he is the narrator in TASM. he truly is an "old friend" by this point.

Not only that, but he had cameos in each of the movies, as the narrator as the wrestling place in the first one (who also came up with the name "Spider-Man") as the usher who wouldn't let Peter into Mary Jane's play in the second movie, and in the final movie as the guy at the restaurant, who's "French" and tries to help Peter propose to Mary Jane.

Sorry, but by this point Bruce Campbell doesn't need to be a narrator anymore, it's a reboot for petesake.

Make him a playable character, not a narrator.

Make him into Sam Axe, (his character in Burn Notice,) give him a different playstyle fitting of said character, and I'm sold. :)

Edited by Spidey 4 Ep MMXCIX

I've just watched that interview with Dee Brown I posted. I really like the fact that we have all of Manhattan available to us from the start and that the crimes evolve from backalley thugs to car chases and bank robberies.

I also love that the ability to take pictures, that Spider-Man 3 introduced, is back. I loved taken pictures in Spider-Man 3 so I am glad that it is not only returning but better because we might actually be able to look at them if that's what Dee Brown meant when he said "and save them in his picture album". I'm also happy to hear that we can take pictures "just for fun" like in Spider-Man 3.

If you've ever played the previous Spider-Man, it's completely different. It's a lot better.

Once again, I'm finding myself more excited for the game than the movie. I'm still not entirely 100% convinced by the flick, right now I feel it will either be the best Spidey-related thing ever, or a disaster among the ranks of the Fantastic Four movies. The trailers are giving me all sorts of vibes.

But this? I pretty much already know I'll love it. Hell, as much flack as I gave Spider-Man 3 Wii earlier in the thread, I actually did like it fine when I first played it. Even now, there are still a few things I like about it. And this game looks to be the best Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2. Improved webswinging/acrobatics, a random crime system like S-M2's, Bruce Cambell, Arkham City-esque combat, Bruce Cambell, nifty aesthetic touches like the suit getting torn and changing web-cartridges, and-most importantly-Bruce Cambell Bruce Cambell.

Hey, did you guys know Bruce Cambell is in this?

• Thumbs Up 4

I know people like Bruce Campbell but I don;t get why people treat him as if he's most exciting about this game. I mean, it's fantastic that he's in the game. He's hilarious. But honestly, he's the least interesting thing about this game with the web rush, stealth sections, different swing in outdoors and indoors, all of NYC available from the start, progressive crimes, obscure villains, tons of detail, tearing suit, web cartridge changing animation, collectible comic pages, unlockables, fake twitter feed, map in the style Peter's GPS, weather changing on the mood of the city, webbing to helicopters, photography, using the environment in combat, freeflow combat, the option to be stealthy or not, stealth like Noir from SS/ predator mode from AA/AC, web rush back, closer camera, feeling of vertigo, pedestrians commenting about you as you swing by and so on and so on.

Once again, I'm finding myself more excited for the game than the movie. I'm still not entirely 100% convinced by the flick, right now I feel it will either be the best Spidey-related thing ever, or a disaster among the ranks of the Fantastic Four movies. The trailers are giving me all sorts of vibes.

Not trying to get this thread off topic, but how could anything related to this movie make you think it could be anywhere, ANYWHERE, as bad the Fantastic movies. Unless those horribly edited and photoshopped official promo pics are giving you those vibes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not trying to get this thread off topic, but how could anything related to this movie make you think it could be anywhere, ANYWHERE, as bad the Fantastic movies. Unless those horribly edited and photoshopped official promo pics are giving you those vibes.

Alright, maybe that was a bit of a stretch (Sort of. I loved the trailers for Last Airbender, and we all saw what happened with *that*), but I still see just as much potential for a bad movie as I do a good one. It's great to see a live-action Spidey who jokes and has web shooters, I guess it's the Peter Parker/civilian life stuff that's keeping me wary. Peter himself feels all 'dark and edgy' in a good portion of the footage, and I'm not terribly fond of what I'm seeing with Captain Stacy. Nothing against Denis Leary, but so far his character feels too much like Jameson. I can understand having him start off not trusting Spidey, but he seems to be leading the anti-Spider-Man bandwagon in this version.

Back to Peter though, what I liked about McGuire's Peter is that he felt like one of us. A lovable shmuck who was easy to relate to and perfectly portrayed the kind of stress a double life like this would entail. I'm not saying Garfield's version has to be exactly like that, but this feels too super-serious for my tastes.

There's no way to know how this stuff will turn out from watching the trailers, so I'm holding off all real judgement until I see the movie.

Edited by Speederino

If you want to find my reply, I posted it in the movie topic where it belongs. :)

Sorry for the double post but there's a new preview! biggrin.png

http://www.digitaltr...yes-on-preview/

This one actually details the Web Rush and stealth more in depth so I really suggest you read it. Once again, the previewer sounds impressed.

The crosshairs that were mentioned in an earlier previewer make sense now. In the slow down web rush mode you can w\either move the left analogue stick to cycle between set silhouettes or use the right stick to freely set your own destination. Tapping the web rush button makes Spidey go towards where the crosshairs were pointing at when you tapped the button.

The comics are mentioned again and he also says another collectible is photos that you take of the various enemies. I don't entirely know what that means.

He mentions that during stealth, Spidey had a purple-coloured outline of a web beneath which indicates the maximum range for a takedown. An enemy within this range will glow purple and with one press of a button, will be knocked out.

The previewer also mentioned that objects that can interacted with in stealth, like hanging crates and gas tanks, will glow red.

The Web Rush-Back sounds like a simpler version of the grappling hook. With one press of a button, Spidey will immediately go to a safe location.

The previewer says that the combat looks like it's trying to make Spidey feel like a badass when faced against regular human tough guys which makes me really relieved because I hate it when regular unequipped humans give Spidey trouble in games(The heavy hitter thugs in WoS for example).

With each preview the game keeps sounding better and better!

EDIT: Another article. Really positive and it has some interesting bits.

http://gametyrant.co/news/2012/4/10/the-amazing-spider-man-in-depth-details-about-spideys-latest.html

I would summarize it but the article neatly organizes everything either in to subjects or bullet points already.

The interesting thing of note is that you have to go back to your apartment to refill your cartridges once you run out of them on your belt. At first I thought this was contradictory to the whole "Cartridge changing animation" but now I think I understand.

You probably have a limited number of cartridges on your belt. once one runs out, there will be an animation of Spidey putting in a new one. Once all of them are gone, you have to go back to your apartment. This is another really nice detail.

Now this may sound like it would be a pain at first but consider two things.

1. There will likely be comments from Peter warning you about this.

2. This game might be similar to Ultimate Spider-Man in that you can travel far quickly just by wall running and jumping alone.

Honestly with all the details I'm wondering if this game should be considered a Spider-Man game or a Spider-man simulator.

Another important thing, the part with the female cop sounded interesting. Everything else in this game sounds like an improvement and previous Spidey games have had bad A.I. so i wonder if the A.I. will be better compared to previous games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly don't know what I think of the web cartridge refill thing. I'm not sure I want to constantly go back to Peter's apartment just to refill my web.

It's really all in how they do it. How long does it take to lose all your webbing? How much will no webbing affect your mobility? Will there be warnings that your webbing is low?

I mean, we don't even know if this means that we'll constantly have to go back to Peter's apartment anymore than only being able to repair his suit at his apartment does.

I think the idea's neat. It sounds like it will make you have to think more strategically and not be wasteful.

It's really all in how they do it. How long does it take to lose all your webbing? How much will no webbing affect your mobility? Will there be warnings that your webbing is low?

I mean, we don't even know if this means that we'll constantly have to go back to Peter's apartment anymore than only being able to repair his suit at his apartment does.

I think the idea's neat. It sounds like it will make you have to think more strategically and not be wasteful.

I don't know. I can appreciate the sentiment of strategy, but I'm not sure what I will think of having to interrupt my free-swinging exploration to go back and get more web. I guess it depends how mobile he is otherwise.

Is Spidey is as mobile by only wall running and jumping as he is in Ultimate Spider-Man, we won't have a problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hm, previously it sounded like he has unlimited webbing, there's just an animation for him refilling his web shooters. I mean, in Ultimate Spider-Man, he has web shooters, but you never had to refill them or anything. Even in the first movie-based Spider-Man game, when there was a meter for webbing, web-swinging didn't deplete it...

As long as 1) it doesn't run out too quickly (or if you can upgrade just how much web fluid/canisters he has) and/or 2) it's easy--although not necessarily faster--to maneuver Spider-Man around New York without web swinging, it'll probably be fine.

Edited by ElementofChaos7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is Spidey is as mobile by only wall running and jumping as he is in Ultimate Spider-Man, we won't have a problem.

Exactly how mobile without webs is he in that? Never played it.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Exactly how mobile without webs is he in that? Never played it.

You pretty much don't have to use webs at all if you don't want to. Coordinating running off walls and double jumping.

However, Amazing will have more realistic physics and no double-jump.

• Thumbs Up 3

However, Amazing will have more realistic physics and no double-jump.

Well, shit, I hope that wall-jumping is powerful so you don't need webs (and don't need to go and refill them) all the time.

Hm, previously it sounded like he has unlimited webbing, there's just an animation for him refilling his web shooters. I mean, in Ultimate Spider-Man, he has web shooters, but you never had to refill them or anything. Even in the first movie-based Spider-Man game, when there was a meter for webbing, web-swinging didn't deplete it...

As long as 1) it doesn't run out too quickly (or if you can upgrade just how much web fluid/canisters he has) and/or 2) it's easy--although not necessarily faster--to maneuver Spider-Man around New York without web swinging, it'll probably be fine.

An earlier preview did say that you didn't run out and that it shows a refilling animation when you run out but the latest preview says otherwise.

The latest preview says:

Spider-Man’s mechanical web shooters will play a big role in the game (just like they will in the film). You won’t travel around the city finding random cartridges, but rather have to go back to your apartment and refill when you have run out of them on your belt. This will be the same place where you repair your suit.

Yet the earlier one said:

The mechanical web shooters are back. There will be opportunities to upgrade your shooters throughout the games. At first you can simply hit thugs with webbing. Later it becomes more powerful and you can web parts of them to walls, etc. You won't have to worry about running out of web cartridges. In your belt, you'll have extra ones and there's a little animation showing you quickly reloading when necessary. The decision was made to have you contain the extra cartridges and not have to walk around and randomly discover ones lying around the environment. That always pulls you out of the game and just never makes sense.