• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• Eternal EX

• Voyant

• KHCast

Guess we'll have to see in two weeks eh?

This...and why I said its way too early folks.

( I need to take my ass to bed)

Edited by Voyant

This...and why I said its way too early folks.

( I need to take my ass to bed)

Doesn't mean we can't make assumptions.

No stay up.

Shadic, you just bored and feel like arguing. I'm out homie. Catch you in like 10 hours.

Shadic, you just bored and feel like arguing. I'm out homie. Catch you in like 10 hours.

You're right I am bored, fine I better some sleep too.

Doesn't mean we can't make assumptions.

No stay up.

To be honest I was really hoping City Escape was the demo we were getting...The difficultly of maintaining boost won't sink in well with Green Hill due to its simplicity, but oh well.

(And naw I need to sleep man...faster I sleep the faster I get the demo tomorrow...=p)

Just as a suggestion to anyone who is complaining about the boost. Have you tried not using it? most of the unleashed (HD version) stages can be beat without it. you can use the slide to get through any blockages in the level. Only the chase sections really require you to boost so you dont get hit.

Just as a suggestion to anyone who is complaining about the boost. Have you tried not using it? most of the unleashed (HD version) stages can be beat without it. you can use the slide to get through any blockages in the level. Only the chase sections really require you to boost so you dont get hit.

But if the level design doesn't support it, he won't be able to sustain those speeds for more than a second or two before hitting a wall or launching himself into the abyss.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I am Adventure fan but I like current formula. Just give me other playables that will have FULL 3D gameplay and I'm on.

I am Adventure fan but I like current formula. Just give me other playables that will have FULL 3D gameplay and I'm on.

What's wrong with 2d gameplay?

People feel that Sonic Team hides behind 2D in order to make the 3D parts less about platforming and more on Speed. Which I tend to actually agree on.

From the SSH and SSZ vids though its preety well balanced if not more centered on the 3D aspect, but I'd like the game next time to have little 2D or none at all. It should be just like the speed sections brief, quick, creative, and then back to the real meat of the game.

(Although see no problem with it if Sega does a great amount of adequate and satisfying 3D platforming. Adventure 1 had it small share of 2D parts as well)

Edited by Voyant

Nothing. Other than fact that for example Colors had 75% of 2D sections while only like 25% of 3D. And even those sections were really linear. Lets leave 3D-2.5D gameplay for Sonic and give some other characters Full 3D. Everyone's happy?

If they could incorporate a way to seamlessly switch from Adventure style gameplay with Modern gameplay, and fit that into an open world that will have entrances to stages or even be the stage itself that seamlessly makes the transition to Adventure or Modern level layout/design. That would be really interesting.

For example, in Modern Green Hill, after you break that bridge(shortcut near the end). Immediately once you land, there's a water fall to your left, that is blocked off by an invisible wall. Imagine being able to have access to that. And once you entered that area, your controls automatically switch to Adventure style. Lets face it, while Modern's control is a lot tighter in Generations than Unleashed or Colors, Sonic is still very stiff in slow movement, try running in circles and you'll see what I mean.(You can run in circles if you try a couple of times but it feels clunky)

Anyways, when you accessed this little location. You discover there is a completely different path, that you can go through using some fine tuned Adventure style gameplay. But if you do not wish to explore the area, you can continue running the Modern route which would bring you to an entirely different Zone/Area/Stage. I think it'd be cool if they made it Modern style(still maintaining on the core mechanics of Modern Sonic) for traveling from place to place, and Adventure style for exploration and precise 3D platforming.

Now I know they moved on from Adventure style, but I'm just brainstorming idea I get lol.

And a lot of this was from being restricted by the invisible walls in Unleashed, Colors, and (from what I've played) Generations.

I totally think it could be pulled off correctly with a 2 year development cycle, and a worthy dev team, but ain't happen' lol.

EDIT: They can totally find a way to sneak 2D in there too lol. Bonus stages, some boss stages, certain missions, etc.

Edited by SpeedsMyGame

Lets leave 3D-2.5D gameplay for Sonic and give some other characters Full 3D. Everyone's happy?

I don't see how leaving Modern Sonics gameplay as is whilst giving other characters full 3D fixes anything, especially if the "other characters" use those terrible alternative gameplay styles I thought we left behind in Heroes.

If they could incorporate a way to seamlessly switch from Adventure style gameplay with Modern gameplay, and fit that into an open world that will have entrances to stages or even be the stage itself that seamlessly makes the transition to Adventure or Modern level layout/design. That would be really interesting.

For example, in Modern Green Hill, after you break that bridge(shortcut near the end). Immediately once you land, there's a water fall to your left, that is blocked off by an invisible wall. Imagine being able to have access to that. And once you entered that area, your controls automatically switch to Adventure style. Lets face it, while Modern's control is a lot tighter in Generations than Unleashed or Colors, Sonic is still very stiff in slow movement, try running in circles and you'll see what I mean.(You can run in circles if you try a couple of times but it feels clunky)

Anyways, when you accessed this little location. You discover there is a completely different path, that you can go through using some fine tuned Adventure style gameplay. But if you do not wish to explore the area, you can continue running the Modern route which would bring you to an entirely different Zone/Area/Stage. I think it'd be cool if they made it Modern style(still maintaining on the core mechanics of Modern Sonic) for traveling from place to place, and Adventure style for exploration and precise 3D platforming.

Now I know they moved on from Adventure style, but I'm just brainstorming idea I get lol.

And a lot of this was from being restricted by the invisible walls in Unleashed, Colors, and (from what I've played) Generations.

I totally think it could be pulled off correctly with a 2 year development cycle, and a worthy dev team, but ain't happen' lol.

EDIT: They can totally find a way to sneak 2D in there too lol. Bonus stages, some boss stages, certain missions, etc.

I don't think you need to fully change the control mode. For example, just take how Sonic controls in Generations (just make him a little less stiff), with his slow acceleration and all, and make the boost only usable when you are already running at your normal top speed. That way (as long as dashpads were not spammed) you can not use the boost to cheese your way past Adventure-esque platforming sections like you are saying.

Why does everyone want to nerf the boost so badly as if it would solve all the problems of 3d level design. Colors nerfed the boost and its 3d sections were still dull as hell. Why can't the level design be improved while keeping the boost as it is?