Awoo.

Sega to demo a later stage at Paris Games Weekons

ソウル

Actually I just noticed.

5291.sonic-generations.745.496.4.46818.jpg

sonic-generation-collector-edition-two-blue-figurines-493x277.jpg

We're basically getting a mini version of that statue! Only ours has the Sonic Generations logo and not a 'please don't climb on the statue' sign.

• Thumbs Up 3

Footage surfaced

smile.png It's Rooftop Run!

Edited by Strickerx5

Footage surfaced

smile.png It's Rooftop Run!

MUST RESIST. Oh fuck it, it's just RTR. Not Crisis city.

*watches video*

That seems alot harder than the original version. Visually it looks impressive but I personally think that may be the weakest stage in terms of design. I still wish they would have chosen Jungle Joyride.

I love that they added more color to level. It makes it look really beautiful. It's also nice to see a little bit more the University even if it's just the library.

I love that they added more color to level. It makes it look really beautiful. It's also nice to see a little bit more the University even if it's just the library.

The librarians are gonna be pissed once they found out sonic blasted through there at high speed.

Damn it Ryan, I was gonna post that video! Oh welltongue.png

Lovin the emphasis on 3D platforming, and the Colors (Colours for you...Europeans) are more vibrant and beautiful then ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a ridiculous visual improvement over the original. Hell, it even looks a ton better than some of the earlier screenshots and video we've seen of the Generations version. It's not just the balloons; everything is so much more colourful.

It looks pretty good gameplay-wise, too. I particularly loved the way they, uh...

...upped the ante on the clock tower climb from the Unleashed version by letting you trick your way up. GOOD GREAT AWESOME ETC.

EDIT: Did that chase at the end include a reference to the way the bosses in Colours spat rings when they were defeated? Nice touch.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know, I always thought that Rooftop Run was pretty bland in terms of visuals, but goddamn this game made it SO much more visually appealing in everyway, and good lord that remix is just beautiful.

I also love how the level design has a tone of little nooks and crannies that one can explore at their own lesiure. This will be great.

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, Rooftop Run. How will it work...?

*watches vid*

Manly tears. Also the only thing that could make the Rooftop Run remade music better would be someone whistling the violin riff.

Edited by The Dead Skin

The librarians are gonna be pissed once they found out sonic blasted through there at high speed.

Eh they'll just fix the doors...again and everyone will act like nothing happened.

I think it's funny how, whenever I look at videos now, I'm never worried about Modern's levels being linear boostfests. It's no longer an issue anymore. Sure I have complaints, but they aren't realistically going to be fixed in this game and aren't going to make this game any less fun for me. Bravo Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn it Ryan, I was gonna post that video! Oh welltongue.png

Lovin the emphasis on 3D platforming, and the Colors (Colours for you...Europeans) are more vibrant and beautiful then ever.

sorry man :P

but I completely agree, the vibrancy is awesome, and that music too :D

Yea it did have more color thats why it looked different, it still looked beautiful though

Oh man i so freaking hate myself right now for watching Rooftop Run. T_T

BUT i would hate even more myself if i didn't watch the run. :lol:

So beautiful, so awesome. I am dumbfounded. I can't believe the changes ST applied to this level.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't watch it, just checked out the music.

Was not disappointed, like, at all. And to think, in a matter of a few days we'll be able to experience it all for ourselves. Hype up.

Jeez talk about short levels the unleashed version takes about twice that amount of time to complete. I got a feeling that the sheer number of alternate paths are gonna make up for it though as I didn't even see a hint of the paths shown during the TGS concert.

http://youtu.be/hqpvKkY9sLU?t=3m15s rooftop run starts at 3:12

Jeez talk about short levels the unleashed version takes about twice that amount of time to complete. I got a feeling that the sheer number of alternate paths are gonna make up for it though as I didn't even see a hint of the paths shown during the TGS concert.

http://youtu.be/hqpvKkY9sLU?t=3m15s rooftop run starts at 3:12

That and the missions. I mean The original didn't have as many(if your not counting the hot dogs). Plus these are more creative.

• Thumbs Up 1