Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Why is everyone so fed up with IGN's review? I don't get it... it's like a total 180 from what i remember

Edit: Oh wait, that's usually after the game gets a bad review.

Edited by Djawed

I think you guys are setting your expectations too high. From a personal perspective, I see a few things I feel competent reviewers won't overlook.

But then again I feel as though the whole rating scale thing sucks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reveiws are subjective. The numbering system is flawed, but it works.

I'd rather they reveiw it on a system similar to Spillcom's, e.g:

- Better than Sex (GOTY contender)

- Day One

- Full Price

- Bargain Bin

- Rental

- Some Ol' Bullshit (For absolute tripe)

Sadly, that ain't gonna happen.

I'm expecting anything in the region of 7.5 - 9. There will of course be outliers, as there always are. I reckon it will be sticking around 80 on metacritic. Higher if we're lucky.

Reveiws are subjective. The numbering system is flawed, but it works.

I'd rather they reveiw it on a system similar to Spillcom's, e.g:

- Better than Sex (GOTY contender)

- Day One

- Full Price

- Bargain Bin

- Rental

- Some Ol' Bullshit (For absolute tripe)

Sadly, that ain't gonna happen.

I'm expecting anything in the region of 7.5 - 9. There will of course be outliers, as there always are. I reckon it will be sticking around 80 on metacritic. Higher if we're lucky.

Oh my god you go to spill too, I have found a brother.

• Thumbs Up 3

I assume Gametrailers will be the last ones to review the game seeing as their reviews on Sonic games are usally late.

So I hear one of the reviews say that genesis physics are a purchased skill. Are you fucking serious here sega? ...Whatever, just glad to hear it's there. I know what I'm buying first then.

Really? LOL'D

Trolling fun time?

You know, if you take a step back and look at the facts here, what do we actually know about generations story? About little to nothing. It could go either way in terms of plot. Were basically judging the entire story based on a couple of reviewers saying they didn't like it. To be quite honest, reviewers have never really praised a sonic game on its story. In fact, besides some of them liking colors' writing, I can't remember a single review for a sonic game actually stating its story was good. A majority of them just go off and say "the story sucks, skip the cutscenes"dry.png. I'm just saying we probably shouldn't mark the story down as bad just yet. I don't know about you guys, but it wouldn't be a first for me to like something that some reviewers didn't...

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm expecting the story to be much like Colours. Basic save the world plot with lots of humor. Sonic games don't need super amazing stories. The Mega Drive games never needed huge stories and the games were still great. The Sonic series does appeal to all ages and making the stories basic and easy to follow I think is a better turn for the series which is why I appreciated Sonic Colours for it's plot.

But at the end of the day, as long as the gameplay is good then it really doesn't matter.

Edited by BlueEagle21

The reviewers makes the same complaints about the story in all the 3D games so how is them complaining about this any different? Oh because the Colors writers is working on it so that means the story will suck even though the story has been a common complaint for years long before the new writers got into the picture.

Edited by sonfan1984

I assume Gametrailers will be the last ones to review the game seeing as their reviews on Sonic games are usally late.

I'll probably end up watching that review after I get the game.

I like GT reviews, but they show a bit too much sometimes.

I'm a little worried about Sonic on Gamespot.

This year has been an insane flop fest. They just flopped BF3 which was hyped AAA. (9.0 : 9.5) and it was 8.5.

Infamous 2 was super flopped to a 7.5 and was also hyped AAAE.

Kirby was hyped AAE and got 7.5

Resistance 3 flopped

Forza 4 flopped

To be honest things aint looking so hot for Generations unless its truly fantastic.

Edited by V0YANT

I mean it's not like a 7 is bad even if gamespot goes in that range it's still classified as a decent game. Besides they gave colors an 8 so it seems like they like the modern gameplay but we'll see.

This year has been an insane flop fest. They just flopped BF3 which was hyped AAA. (9.0 : 9.5) and it was 8.5.

Resistance 3 flopped

Forza 4 flopped

To be honest things aint looking so hot for Generations unless its truly fantastic.

Pffft, so?

Gamespot gave Mega Man Legends a 7 and it's one of my all-time favorite games.

Pffft, so?

Gamespot gave Mega Man Legends a 7 and it's one of my all-time favorite games.

You'd be surprised how many people on Gamespot take reviews seriously. Most threads discuss the review of a game, rather than the game itself.

You'd be surprised how many people on Gamespot take reviews seriously. Most threads discuss the review of a game, rather than the game itself.

Yeah its pretty crazy...

The Battlefield thread on System wars is in a fritz right now. Example.

BF3flopped.jpg

If Generations was to score a 9 there system wars would blow a gasket.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope that isn't implying they take the reviews words for it before trying it themselves...

I hope that isn't implying they take the reviews words for it before trying it themselves...

Yes...sadly yes...hundreds and hundreds of people.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm actually pretty curious how the overall rating for this game will stack up on Metacritic. Metal Gear Batman 2 got a 95! :o

Gamespot gave Sonic Colors an 8, so I'm just going to throw out a guess and say Generations would likely be within the 7 or 8 range. I would be incredibly surprised if they gave it a higher score than that, but here's hoping.

A few skills: Run faster under water, lower loss of speed while going up slopes and 8 more

This really IS an all-inclusive title! They even referenced Sonic 4 with an unlockable skill!

• Thumbs Up 2

Resistance 3 flopped

Forza 4 flopped

The reasons that they gave Infamous 2 a 7.5 were bullshit though. I shit you not. He listed one reason being that they screen would go grey after taking damage thus not being able to enjoy the scenery. I hope heap of fans cited him just sucking at the game which rings true because I had little to no problem with the game myself.