Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Don't all games on the Consoles run less than 720p? Battlefield 3, which is one of the best looking games on the 360 runs at 704p.

Not all games do. Some hit 720p, and I'm pretty sure Sonic 4 is one of them. For the record, the 360 itself can only get up to 720p and form then upscales everything to 1080p. Generations runs much lower though, I'm sure. It's why the PC version looks 10 times prettier.

Also, the AA isn't very good.

Not all games do. Some hit 720p, and I'm pretty sure Sonic 4 is one of them. For the record, the 360 itself can only get up to 720p and form then upscales everything to 1080p. Generations runs much lower though, I'm sure. It's why the PC version looks 10 times prettier.

Also, the AA isn't very good.

Do you know how low it runs exactly, by what you're saying it sounds like it runs @ 540p or something.

Do you know how low it runs exactly, by what you're saying it sounds like it runs @ 540p or something.

I don't remember off the top of my head. I'll see if I can find out.

85% seems fair, the details they bring up that kept the game from getting a higher score so far don't really bother me though, so for now the game looks like it'll be at least a 9.5/10 from my own personal take on it.

And none of the negatives were about gimped rolling physics, slightly heavy jumping or boost-fests!

looool.png

EDIT:

Wait a second...

Unlockables: 14 character biographies, 50 pieces of music, 130 concept-arts and 13 videos

A few skills: Run faster under water, lower loss of speed while going up slopes and 8 more

130 pieces of concept art and 50 pieces of music! And are those videos unlockables? As in, like the Chip-Sonic shorts in Unleashed?!

Edited by Indigo Generations
  • Thumbs Up 6

An 8.5 is a great score by today's video game standards, let alone today's SONIC standards.

I'd say it's a great start.

• Thumbs Up 6

I haven't the slightest clue why, considering they gave Colors a 4/5.

Joystiq's really the only site I trust for reviews nowadays.

Have you seen their initial preview, or even the mere tone in writing for the news updates regarding the game? The person who initially previewed the game didn't care for it overall, and it looks like Joystiq made up their mind on this game. It doesn't matter if the overall site gave a previous Sonic game a good score if a different reviewer comes and gives a future game a bad score, even if the future game is overwhelmingly better in quality than said previous game.

Remember when Gametrailers gave Shadow the Hedgehog an 8.0/10. You know, the same site that praised Sonic Colors as one of the best of E3 2010. Right before some other employee slammed it with a 6.5. In fact, I'm not so sure about Gamespot either.

But I honestly don't know what I'm going on about. I guess I'm just a little anxious because this is actually a quality game worth caring about...

What?Graphics 7?To me it's 10!!What more do they want from graphics!How more it can look better?

Graphics is also level design, animations, character designs and so on. Can't ju just deal with that someone didn't like it as much as you did? Jesus.....

Also those 30fps are horrid to look at while playing as classic Sonic.

And none of the negatives were about gimped rolling physics, slightly heavy jumping or boost-fests!

looool.png

That's because it isn't a English/American Review. :P

Edited by ChikaBoing

Graphics is also level design, animations, character designs and so on. Can't ju just deal with that someone didn't like it as much as you did? Jesus.....

Also those 30fps are horrid to look at while playing as classic Sonic.

Well from what i've seen the level design is amazing in this game,the animations have never been better.The character designs have been pretty much the same since 2008

Well from what i've seen the level design is amazing

The character designs have been pretty much the same since 2008

Opinions.

• Thumbs Up 1

The graphics are great...the framerate (or optimization) needed more work though. The framerate is great for Modern Sonic but for Classic Sonic, it's quite jittery.

Opinions.

And only a few minutes ago...

Can't ju just deal with that someone didn't like it as much as you did? Jesus.....

But I like that; thanks for being humorous. Besides, level design have little to do with graphics.

So far so good,but soon will come a review saying: "The 2d parts are wonderful why the unnecessary 3d parts? Sonic is only good in 2d" - 5/10.

• Thumbs Up 3

------

Unlockables: 14 character biographies, 50 pieces of music, 130 concept-arts and 13 videos

A few skills: Run faster under water, lower loss of speed while going up slopes and 8 more

Sonic 1 will cost 7777 points

Chaos Emeralds seem to be obtained from bosses: "(...) Or the fight with Metal Sonic to get one of the seven magical Emerald-Crystals (lol)"

Main game (9 Zones, 18 acts) will take about 4 hours, adding missions, Emeralds etc, 3 more. Not sure if this means collecting the Emeralds has nothing to do with the story. Might be that you have to recollect them to use SS in stages. But I dunn

Only 13 videos!? Unleashed had 59, and Colors had 30 not counting the intro, WTF SEGA!!!???

So it's gonna be as short as Colors then? :l

Welp, I'm glad Sega's selling it at a slightly lower price than most other 360 and PS3 games. I know this sounds like complaining, but I was really hoping for another big Sonic game that would take alot longer than 4-5 hours to beat the main story.

I'll still enjoy the game though, and unlike Colors, I hope the stages keep me coming back.

The main Sonic games usually takes about 4 or 5 hours to beat the main story anyway (both Sonic Adventure games takes about 4 hours to complete with all the characters) not to mention that this game has a lot of replay value.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Only 13 videos!? Unleashed had 59, and Colors had 30 not counting the intro, WTF SEGA!!!???

It says UNLOCKABLEEESS!!!

SO it's gonna be like those unlockable videos we got in unleashed but maybe something else I'm not too sure yet untill we see for ourselfs but those are not cutscene videos since they would have more for than that.

Also good score is good not that care roll on 1st of Nov for soundtrack rip & 4th of Nov for the game =D

jesus talk about BAWWW WTF SEGA lo

Edited by Leto Croft

Man, this is the first time I've ever followed a game from announcement to release so in-depth. The day is almost here... But as for the reviews, solid start no doubt about it. I've been expecting 8-9's, so two 8.5's right off the bat is pretty cool. Now, to many of us this will be our game of the year because we're Sonic fans. Don't be surprised to see some negative reviews. Different strokes for different folks.

Pretty sure they mean 13 unlockable videos that aren't cutscene related. If I remember correctly, the amount of cutscenes was exposed in the first demo leak, and that number was much higher

LOL, people at the SEGA Forums want to sue videogameszone.de for their review because they gave Sonic Generations an 85%...LMAO!

When was 85% a horrible score? People need to work on their judgement skills.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Judging by the videogames.de review, there will be a difficulty spike near the end of the game, says last 3 to 4 stages so presumably around Crisis City. It doesn't sound like it's a deal breaker though, that the stages are overly hard. I hope. If it's just instant death spam in the Modern levels I will be miffed. Either that, or it's genuinely hard. They do say it's been a part of the series since the beginning though, or something.

8.5 is a good score though, I don't see what all the fuss is about. If anything, the scores are likely to get WORSE due to a lot of hype and the game never meeting that. THEN the fuss might be warranted, depending on how the general consensus of the game when it comes out is.

Judging by the videogames.de review, there will be a difficulty spike near the end of the game, says last 3 to 4 stages so presumably around Crisis City. It doesn't sound like it's a deal breaker though, that the stages are overly hard. I hope. If it's just instant death spam in the Modern levels I will be miffed. Either that, or it's genuinely hard. They do say it's been a part of the series since the beginning though, or something.

8.5 is a good score though, I don't see what all the fuss is about. If anything, the scores are likely to get WORSE due to a lot of hype and the game never meeting that. THEN the fuss might be warranted, depending on how the general consensus of the game when it comes out is.

I've been waiting for HARD levels in 3D Sonic games for a while now! I want a level to defeat me so many times that I throw my controller to the TV! I like challenge...unlike a lot of people in this day and age.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 5

I've been waiting for HARD levels in 3D Sonic games for a while now! I want a level to defeat me so many times that I throw my controller to the TV! I like challenge...unlike a lot of people in this day and age.

I was kind of saying that I want it to be genuinely hard if it's gonna be challenging, not cheap stuff that just fucks you over because there's no way to react to it first time or whatever. You know, like dick moves. If a game's gonna pull of dick moves to try and be difficult rather than using good level design, I'd rather it be easy.

Edited by Semi-colon e

People just expect Messiah. I mean if I remember right it was the same with Colors. "THIS GAME WILL SAVE SONIC!!! ITS PERFECT!!!" People just need to calm down.

Edited by HUNTER297