Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

To be honest I think this is the first console sonic game since SA2 to get a 9.5 score tongue.png

I think we should see another 9 from Worth Playing. Although I'm surprised pal gave this such a high score considering they rag on Sonic games A LOT.

Edited by V0YANT

That was a well written review! It's nice to see critics warming up to Sonic after all these years!

And not a single complaint about Classic Sonic's gimped rolling or Modern Sonic's "boost-to-win," d'ohohohohohohohoho!!!

Edited by Indigo Generations
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know whats funny Neon? That song poped up in my head right after I heard those news. You get a like dude :D *flying like*

PALGN's description for 9.5 games:

The best of the best, a must buy title for almost all gamers. State of the art technically, and an artistic marvel. Creative gameplay mechanics, and level design beyond reproach. A game guaranteed to be shortlisted for 'game of the year'.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just read the review. It's very well-written, informative, and engaging. The reviewer is definitely not afraid to praise it to high levels while also acknowledging some kinks from the PS3 version he played with.

He even had the guts to compare it to Mario Galaxy and call the gameplay an improvement over the Classics! >)

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Woot 8 from Euro...was a a bit worried about them.

The people who scored Colors low are scoring this higher. Good shit.

There is also more euro sites than that 1...hopefully we see good stuff fro the others.

Edited by V0YANT

It's nice to see all the publications that actually matter give this game an 8 or higher :P

Seriously, I wanna see it at least get a metacritic score that's in the mid-eighties, if only because I feel that's the score it deserves. Hopefully all these 8s and 9s pouring in will help it get there.

Also, Eurogamer gave Sonic Generations the same score as they gave Uncharted 3. Oh the fanrage, it's a-brewin'.

Not a bad review if you asked me. Still find this whole 'cheap death' bullshit fiasco funny, but otherwise decent review. The comments section is a nice sight too.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

It's been posted four times now tongue.png

Oops

Anyway I'm glad with gametrailers review!I was scared they will give another low score since Sonic Colors

LOL GameTrailers, LOL, you say cheap deaths whilst you clearly made Sonic commit suicide! Other than that, great review!

DAT 9.5 SCORE MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!!! I've totally forgotten about the trash that was GI's review :D

As this comment is being written, Metacritic score is still 77.

It's not updated yet.

What will really impress me is if the show "X-play" gives it a good review. They practically despise Sonic, making jokes about it as a franchise from time to time, such as when they left out "Sonic and Eggman" from their top five gaming hero/nemises combos. They also game Colors a 2 out of 5.

So if they give it a good review then I will be insanely surprised.