Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

As for the reviews it's just them going "Ahhh,Cutscenes in Sonic...Take it Away!!!!".

I'll ignore it till someone i trust tells me about the story.

Let me take it farther than that. I'll ignore it til I beat the game in a week.

Now that I think about it perhaps one of the issues is the fact that Classic Sonic doesn't speak...and this was not properly explained in the game. Also the ingame cutscenes are different depending on which Sonic you do the most with.

I hope that Pantomime Sonic isn't what they are referring too...cause really thats pretty dumb to complain about.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

Again, I'm still waiting for an explanation about why those two reviewers don't like the story. All I am seeing now is people making quick assumptions that the story will be like Colors.

More like jokes for the kids. Atleast my 6 year nephew thought they were funny. I also thought that some of the jokes are either a hit or miss for me but not all of them are awful like you are putting it.

Okay, yeah, I'm exaggerating, and it's true we don't know why the story is "bad", but I think Sonic stories should be enjoyable for all ages, not just little kids. I'll admit I found Eggman's dialogue-especially his PA announcements- hilarious, but that's it, really.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir
  • Thumbs Up 1

Destructoid review up. 6.5

Overall, while undeniably an improvement over the trash that SEGA has shoveled our way in the past, the game still leaves an aftertaste of rotten bananas and missed opportunities. I can't really recommend it to any but the most brainwashed of Sonic fans, considering all of the undeniably higher quality releases out at the momment.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-sonic-generations 214324.phtml

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 6

I wonder why the music was scored an 8/10 in one of the reviews. Is that simply the standard among Sonic titles? Or will the cutscene themes bog down the experience like the way I thought Colors's cutscene themes did, or are the sound effects drowning the music, or there are certain themes that flat out are not that good?

It's nothing to fret over, since an 8 is still great, but I'm curious, since I thought the musical score would be getting at least a 9, considering the track record.

The destructoid link doesn't go to a Generations review.

Awesome, Kirby got a 10/10. ;D

Edited by Crazizzle
  • Thumbs Up 1

Indeed, humour is extremely subjective. I personally thought that the Colours' dialogue was the best written dialogue in any Sonic game period. The storyline was light-hearted and whilst certain points were chessy, they were suitably cheesy, which is something that I can't quite say for every other 3D Sonic game. I've found that every 3D Sonic game has had its fair share of cheesy dialogue, but in games like the Adventure titles and 06 it's very out of place, and as a result I can't take these supposedly fairly serious storylines seriously at all. I just spend my time laughing at how bad some of the lines are and how badly they're delivered.

Also, that above link takes me to the Zelda Symphony review...And on top of that I can't find that Generations review anywhere...

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, that link doesn't work. It redirects me to a Zelda 25th anniversary concert reveiw.

Plus, I can't find the reveiw of the game on the actual site.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Edit: Oh, so the review is fake. That shows just how much I'm not really expecting anything good from Jim Sterling if I didn't click on the link. :\

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, there wasn't a Generations reveiw up on DToid anyway. I'm seriously not expecting a score that is much better than Colours though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Journalism, as far as I know, tells you not to use the same specific word twice in a paragraph if you can help it. "Undeniable" being used twice was the giveaway.

Did get a cool link to the 25th Zelda Orchestra though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Supposedly there is one dialouge in the game where M. Sonic looks at C. Sonic and questions how he was that tubbier and more spikey.

I expect it to be amusing.

• Thumbs Up 2

For a minute there I thought the link was real. Haha. Now to wait for the real 6.5 review.

Edited by Torcano Sanctuary
  • Thumbs Up 2

Supposedly there is one dialouge in the game where M. Sonic looks at C. Sonic and questions how he was that tubbier and more spikey.

I expect it to be amusing.

And having C. Sonic wonder to himself how he got so skinny, blue eyelids and, your favorite and mine, GREEN EYES.

@mclaren6: not if Jim Sterling has anything to say about it.wink.png

EDIT: Holy fuck, love the new site skin.wub.png

Edited by DarkLightDragon