Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I, too, fell for LE's trick. Great one, Emerald! :D

Now, I'll await for Jim's slice of RubyEclipse's 4.5 cake true review sooner or later.

And having C. Sonic wonder to himself how he got so skinny, blue eyelids and, your favorite and mine, GREEN EYES.

Like I said I bet none of this is deeply explained and just referenced....I guess when you have people that want to dig further and they don't actually explain why, people pass it off as "illogical" and "moronic". I expect a lot of this to happen actually as I'm sure nothing will really go into deep detail of why.

Expect this game not to tie up the plotholes in the story like we thought it would.

Edited by V0YANT

I just want to know where they get their jokes from. I could find funnier jokes in a Christmas cracker.

Neon this lands in my sig. Would you mind?

• Thumbs Up 1

^I wasn't expecting it too.

Sometimes I just suck at trying to be funny.wacko.png

Actually I think your more right on the money more than anything else... ;p

Edited by V0YANT

And having C. Sonic wonder to himself how he got so skinny, blue eyelids and, your favorite and mine, GREEN EYES.

@mclaren6: not if Jim Sterling has anything to say about it.wink.png

EDIT: Holy fuck, love the new site skin.wub.png

And thats the exact reason I put "yet" lol.

Hedgehog Puberty.

• Thumbs Up 2

Voyant's sig freaks me out everytime.

I wouldn't expect a 9 from destructoid, but I'm not really expecting 6.5 either. Probably 7.5.

Voyant's sig freaks me out everytime.

I wouldn't expect a 9 from destructoid, but I'm not really expecting 6.5 either. Probably 7.5.

Seems about right. What some people seem to forget is that Destructoid uses the entire 10 point scale as opposed to the 7-10 scale other review outlets use. Getting a 7.5 is still a "It's definitely worth your time and money." from Destructoid.

Daymn the new site. It's beautifully, yet jarring. It's so bright and vivid compared to the rather chilled white we had just hours ago...

I was just checkin' Sonic Wikia(or News Network) and they had this posted at the reviews article:

In issue 270 of Empire magazine they had the first review of Sonic Generations. they gave it 4

Stars out of 5 and said "Generations is a delirious race down memory lane, only let down by a moronic story that makes the movie sequences a toe-curling embarrassment.".

So, 2 reviews so far have complained about the story? What the...

4 out of 5 stars is pretty damn impressive. But the story?? I don't see why Sonic games get marked down for the story when Mario games that barley has a story at all gets perfect scores.

*stares at my Mario Galaxy 2 in confusion*

4 out of 5 stars is pretty damn impressive. But the story?? I don't see why Sonic games get marked down for the story when Mario games that barley has a story at all gets perfect scores.

*stares at my Mario Galaxy 2 in confusion*

I think it's because in a Sonic game, the story is a much more integral part of it and takes up a lot more of the game. Generations (I'm estimating based on what I know about past 3D Sonic titles) would probably be 2 to 3 hours long if you disregard the cutscenes. Whereas with Mario games, the storyline has almost no involvement with anything. It's just there to give Mario a reason to kick Bowser's ass yet again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having no story is not the same as having a bad story. Having a bare-bones plot that doesn't try to convince people it's there, with a few positive things here and there sounds a lot better than having a plot that tries to substantiate itself, but sprinkles a large amount of meh-ish to outright "What." moments along the way.

Story-Wise, I have always wondered if Time Eater was created by Robotnik, or a self-controlled monster.

I never trust raw review scores as a basis for deciding whether or not to play a game. The mood and content of the actual text of a review is more important, as is one's preference for different genres.

That said, I would love to see this game do well and the critics are likely to influence its success, so it would be great to see a good few 9s.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm betting the problem with the story is that the humor kind of is still stuck at Colour's level, though I actually really liked Colour's cutscenes personally. They gave Sonic and Tails a huge Character personality boost that had been sorely missing for ages, plus the Eggman PA's were fantastic

The thing is, Nintendo are better with self-referencing themselves. The Mario & Luigi RPG series is a prime example, it's child friendly with an edge of adult satire to it. I don't think Sega quite have the writers to replicate that - so it's a little more awkward, which I can accept.

Also in the case of graphics, I can understand 7's or 8's - I dunno if other levels will have similar issues, but Classic Sonic can easilly get buried by the detailed backgrounds of Green Hill, and usually the background shouldn't be showing up the player's character

I just want awesome gameplay. I don't really care for the story unless this was the Grand Finale of the Sonic franchise.

Edited by Metal-Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lets see...

Awesome Gameplay...

Deeper Story...

hmmm...

I'l take the gameplay thank you very much!

Edited by V0YANT

wut.

Isn't the story for this game here just to give Sonic a reason to go back to old levels?

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want awesome gameplay. I don't really care for the story unless this was the Grand Finale of the Sonic franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1