Awoo.

Swears

Rocka

Read the rules but I couldn't see anything that answered my question.

Is there any rules against mentioning the F-word or any other? Is there a limit?

Not that I'm going to use those swears, I was told to not swear at others.

Thanks for your time :)

Should be fine so long as you don't go ape at it.

You can drop the odd fuck here and there but if you post nothing but colourful metaphors all the time, that would probably have someone sending you a PM asking to tone down the language a little.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to SSMB (:

We're a 'mature' forum, in the sense that we don't censor our members... but with trust comes responsibility. You can curse, but if you can't say anything without vulgarity, or if you're constantly obscene for no reason, that won't fly. Nothing wrong with punctuating yourself with the occasional cuss if that's your style. Just don't be offensive for the mere sake of being offensive, that's all.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's not so much dropping vulgarities that's a problem, it's moreso how you do so.

I don't like to swear, but someone who says:

"That looks @#!&-ing gorgeous!"

...is better off than someone who says:

"That #!@*$ is a #@$% who deserves to die in a @#!&-ing #@$%-fire."

• Thumbs Up 5

But what if they do deserve to die in a @#!&-ing #@$%-fire, Indy? o:

But yeah, just don't overdo it. Personally I just don't dabble with swearing in the first place. One less thing to worry about. d:

This just made me realize how colorful my language is, according to my last few posts.

hehheheheh, i really love saying the word that means feces, and saying the lord's name in vain it seems

i should tone it down