Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PC Discussion

Remy

The giant ring was obviously modded in. The giant ring would have been found within days after the release if it was real.

Not really, considering nothing is actually there:

Actually, no.

It has been confirmed by other users that the ring was actually a normal ring in the front layer, giving the illusion that it was gigantic. This falls in line with the explanation of people continually missing the ring. It also makes sense because that specific path started by hitting a spring to the background.

I just noticed the version being played is the console version, which probably means it wasn't modded.

SUPER SONIC IN UNLEASHED STAGES

YEAH

oh, and the guy has made quite some progress.

Great progress, though I'm really hanging on for those Classic Sonic Night stages, and possibly a fully Modern Sonic Eggmanland.

• 1 month later...

OK, this isn't exactly a "mod" but since there's no other topic to put this on, those of you who are unlucky PC owners of Sonic Generations in the US (who didn't get boxed copies) here's a little something to slip into a DVD case and make it look like a boxed PC copy.

post-3524-0-27243300-1337650783_thumb.jp

OK, this isn't exactly a "mod" but since there's no other topic to put this on, those of you who are unlucky PC owners of Sonic Generations in the US (who didn't get boxed copies) here's a little something to slip into a DVD case and make it look like a boxed PC copy.

Yeah that isn't a mod. Hit the report button and request for that to go here:

• 1 month later...

Apologies for rebumping an old thread in Discussion Archives, but I've been having alot of trouble with this.

Only missing 1 more achievement to finally be done with the game, it's Time Attacker, and every time I go into Ranking Attack it crashes.

Is this normal or is there a patch available?

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got Generations for my laptop and I got a wired X360 pad for it because there is no way in hell am I playing this game with a keyboard. However, I am having a problem, I go to the controller config screen and I can't assign the triggers correctly. The triggers are just left unassigned and I can't drift in game. I don't know much about all this stuff... as far as I know everything is installed and updated and looking at some tools and stuff, the triggers are on a z axis and they're being pick up correctly with that, but I don't know what's going on and what to do.

I had a quick look at the keyboard default settings and the drift is set to D1 and D3. What the hell are those? Changing them to a normal key and nothing happens in game with the drift.

What can I do? What am I doing wrong?

What are you on about? The Xbox360 controller doesn't have configuration support. It's literally plug-in and go.

Yeah, in the game config when the game boots. I can select 360 controls there and everything but the triggers are assigned.

Hello, I've bought Gens on Steam but I don't have a computer to run it yet. So I'd like to know what are the minimum specifications to get it running at 60 fps, 1080p with AA swithced on and Fraps running but not causing any slowdown? Does the specs have anything to do with 3D? Ot would be an added bonus to play in 3D. Thank you.

A minimum of high end GTX 400 series is probably your best bet on the nVidia end. As for AMD, their model naming scheme is so messed up at the moment that I couldn't tell you.

Edited by Lobotomy

For an AMD/ATI card it you would need at least a ATi Radeon HD 6670 at least to play at 1080p fine, but that doesn't include with fraps, since that will drop your framerate no matter what.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally found this thread again. I am hoping to get one of the following from the Samsung Series 7 laptops:

700Z3A, CHORONOS, Gamer, RF712, RF511, RF411

I would like it if someone can help me compare the specs of Gens and those laptops I mentioned and tell me an estimate of how Gens will run on those. I really don't know how to do that, so sorry for the disturbance and I hope some one can help me out. If anyone of you could also suggest a good computer/laptop that cost around the same to run Gens, do tell me and I'll see if it is available near my place. Thank you so much. biggrin.png

EDIT: I don't mind putting AA in low quality. :D

Edited by Faseeh

• 2 months later...

(How can I delete my own post or is that impossible?)

Edited by BakingBluePotatoe

• 3 weeks later...

PC version just got a patch, checked out things myself and here's the changes I noticed:

- Nvidia Optimus users no longer have to mess with GraphicsConfig.cfg to get the game to work with the Nvidia GPU, the config tool now properly recognizes it.

- The config tool now looks a bit different, the mouse cursor in the config tool can now be controlled with an Xbox 360 controller. This is because of Steam's new Big Picture mode which got officially released today, with this mode it's easier to control Steam with a gamepad.

- The config tool now also properly tells you what kind of AA it uses, you can now choose between none or FXAA.

- Ranking Mode has been half-fixed. It no longer crashes instantly, but it still crashed for me after playing a couple of levels. Progress!

If you're using mods, note that you need to repatch the EXE file with CPKREDIR, else mods will not work.

Edited by TimmiT

PC version just got a patch, checked out things myself and here's the changes I noticed:

- Nvidia Optimus users no longer have to mess with GraphicsConfig.cfg to get the game to work with the Nvidia GPU, the config tool now properly recognizes it.

- The config tool now looks a bit different, the mouse cursor in the config tool can now be controlled with an Xbox 360 controller. This is because of Steam's new Big Picture mode which got officially released today, with this mode it's easier to control Steam with a gamepad.

- The config tool now also properly tells you what kind of AA it uses, you can now choose between none or FXAA.

- Ranking Mode has been half-fixed. It no longer crashes instantly, but it still crashed for me after playing a couple of levels. Progress!

If you're using mods, note that you need to repatch the EXE file with CPKREDIR, else mods will not work.

Really? That's fucking awesome. I'm actually surprised that they even bothered. Now if only those spiderwebs would disappear and I could fix my computer without screaming every few seconds.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll try...

Is anyone here a frequent on Sonic Retro's Generations Hacking Topic?

I'm still a pending member there so I can't post, and I wanted to ask something to the modders there...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll try...

Is anyone here a frequent on Sonic Retro's Generations Hacking Topic?

I'm still a pending member there so I can't post, and I wanted to ask something to the modders there...

Ahaha same here)). I've been a pending member for like a year now! WHY does it have to take so long?

As far as I've read somewhere, it seems you need to give them proof that your membership will be of good use there.

Meaning, you have to be a modder/programmer and have proof you'll contribute to the forum's topics to be accepted.

Hence, why I haven't been accepted yet...

Edited by XRick

As far as I've read somewhere, it seems you need to give them proof that your membership will be of good use there.

Meaning, you have to be a modder/programmer and have proof you'll contribute to the forum's topics to be accepted.

Hence, why I haven't been accepted yet...

Isn't a forum a place where people like.. you know.. talk and discuss things? Why can't I be a member of a forum just because I can't mod games? I'm a Sonic fan! I make nice Sonic GMVs but I can't really mod games. Is it really that big of a deal? I never liked that VIP bullshit some sites contain. It's not fair and it kind of makes you think you are not worthy and that you stand below other people and the only real difference between them and you is that ability to hack and mod games.

Anyways, there are quite a few people on retro who can't mod games so there must be other reasons and I have no idea what they are. I left about 20 posts on retro and I don't think I broke the rules that much by doing so xD.

Oh boy.. That all sounds like so much complaining and whining. Sorry.

Edited by ArtFenix

Not really, you're not the only one whining, I'm quite sure of it...

As I said, that's what I read somewhere. I think it was a policy made to avoid those guys who only want to ask for stuff like game models so as to make recolors or small changes to them for their own fun, which those guys seriously hate (Sonic06's were barred from the world for a long while because of that, after the Heroes' nightmare...).

Anyway... Do you know of anyone from here who may also be an active member there? I wanted to ask a small favor...

Edited by XRick

Not really, you're not the only one whining, I'm quite sure of it...

As I said, that's what I read somewhere. I think it was a policy made to avoid those guys who only want to ask for stuff like game models so as to make recolors or small changes to them for their own fun, which those guys seriously hate (Sonic06's were barred from the world for a long while because of that, after the Heroes' nightmare...).

Anyway... Do you know of anyone from here who may also be an active member there? I wanted to ask a small favor...

I'm pretty sure I've been here at SSMB long enough for people to see that I'm not one of those lame recolor makers and models beggars. (except maybe Free riders models, but those are not for me, they are for Omnitrix to make amazing renders. There is a topic for his works somewhere here)

I really, really don't get it.

Um.. Well, Dario sure could help you if he is willing to. I don't think he's that active here but he appears on YT more often. I left him a PM myself a couple of days ago and he haven't responded yet but if you want to talk to him, aside from retro YT is the site of choice.

Edited by ArtFenix

Thanks for the help, I'll try to contact him for the time being.

Let's hope someone else here shows up with some other way to help me...

BTW, what I wanted to ask is if, with all the model ports that have been being made on Generations, if nobody ever tried to port Eggman06 to it. I'd really love to see him on the "few" cutscenes and specially on the Profile Viewer on Sonic's House.

Edited by XRick

Thanks for the help, I'll try to contact him for the time being.

Let's hope someone else here shows up with some other way to help me...

BTW, what I wanted to ask is if, with all the model ports that have been being made on Generations, if nobody ever tried to port Eggman06 to it. I'd really love to see him on the "few" cutscenes and specially on the Profile Viewer on Sonic's House.

You're welcome). I remember you helped me a lot with S4)).

I don't think I saw such a mod.. And I guess it would be pretty hard to make one because the models are quite different and the bones placement is different as well. It's definitely possible but I guess it's a hell of a lot of work).

Profile viewer is much easier since it doesn't require any animation so bone structure doesn't really matter that much as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by ArtFenix