Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

11379642.jpg

That being said I cannot wait to see what some of the more complex mods do once they become a reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like it's just a model swap though. Most telling things are no aura and the boost is blue.

Meh, Super Sonic should really do something about his lipstick.

First thing I do when I get the PC version is get rid of everyone's lipstick ('cept Rouge's). Seriously, it annoys the hell out of of me. Especially Espio.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just swapped Sonic's .model with Super Sonic's. Those and classic's normal + Super Sonic model seem to be the only compatible swaps in this game, it seems.

Yea.. i tried others. got stuck at the sega logo.

lolsonicrecolors.jpg

wutb.jpg

challengeaccepted.png

2sonics1epicadventure.jpg

AWESOME what about one with shadow and sonic now jajajja (you know, sonic whit shadow skin and shadow with sonic's one)

Being a total n00b at this, I thought a simple texture edit would be a good start. I unpacked "bde.ar.08", and I changed flicky's texture from blue to red, and saved the dds (via GIMP). Repacked everything, loaded up the game and..... the statue still has a blue flicky. Is there something besides "cmn_obj_ani_flickyA_body_dif_HD.dds" that needs to be modified?

Although perhaps this error message has something to do with it?

R0rU9.png

Edited by SegaGenesis_452

@Sandwichbars is there any chance you can replace the textures of one level with a different level? like Crisis City with Green Hill textures.

Just a heads up people, don't let this topic turn into an image-macro or spam thread. Some posts here in particular just barely manage to be relevant to discussion, so just to be on the safe side, don't post macros.

Meanwhile, breaking news guys: Super Sonic no longer sucks.

For anyone interested in doing such themselves, just go to your bb3.cpk directory, unpack the #Sonic.ar.00 and #SonicClassic.ar.00, go into the XML files of each, and search for "sps" which is basically Super Sonic. Set <SpsDecRingTime> to 1.0166 to make the ring loss just like in the Genesis era; as in, 60 rings lost every 61 seconds. If you want straight up 1 ring per second, just change it to 1 and you'll be fine. I recommend also changing <SpsDecRingTimeBoost>, which is Modern Sonic's ring loss when flying, to .5, to make it fair (basically double ring loss; do .25 if you want to make it quadruple ring loss for more of an incentive to ration out your boosting).

• Thumbs Up 3

Does the coding change work with the Steam version, or do I have to...you know?

The Steam version is the only one out at the moment.

A crack isn't necessary. Only thing that happened to me was that my modified bb3.cpk was replaced after I validated my files and I had to recompile it again.

Also, I find it better to quadruple Super Sonic's ring consumption during flight rather than halve it, because it's easy to just fly through the whole level and end up getting a time that you wouldn't have been able to get via legitimate means. I backed up my save just in case something like this would happen.