Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

I understand your intentions. Sorry.

Kanimayo, Could you plz put those pics in a spoiler? I do not want to have to scroll down that much.

Please refer to this image

Mecha Sonic

591570627.png?key=724735

591570605.png?key=763618

591570438.png?key=699810

591570473.png?key=741810

591570488.png?key=763683

591570291.png?key=831853

591570259.png?key=984723

591570215.png?key=1303652

591570000.png?key=678548

591570026.png?key=738670

591570050.png?key=1176747

591569863.png?key=1035827

591569833.png?key=1238852

591569802.png?key=1471835

591570646.png?key=763618

Edited by KanimayoJp

[media=]

Looking good so far.

It's great that encouraging players to use other paths is being kept in mind, that was one of my concerns. However, I think it might be beneficial to block progress visibly rather than slow them after the fact. It's hard to see the orange rings up there, so the player isn't really aware that they are going to be halted until it's too late.

I just feel that this detail (and possibly others if the trend continues) is something that is only going to be picked up by speedrunners. Encouraging players to branch off paths should happen on the very first playthrough.

The visuals are looking great so far. The broken pillars add a lot to the atmosphere, as well as the airships in the background. The textures are looking pretty nice too.

Keep up the great work. I'm really enjoying this project.

Edited by TheCongressman1

When I import a level, I get the Error in info instance file error so I cant import levels.

Seeing as how there's a lot of robotic Sonic models being discussed right now, I might as well mention this model I recently imported...

2012-06-02_00001.jpg

I definitely need to improve the materials for the added parts...

Also, do you guys think I should remove his voice and make the mouth static (as in keeping the same shape at all times and lacking the smile/frown/openmouth bits)

P.S. - Emerald Coast, Metal Harbor, and Sky Troops are all looking awesome so far.

is cool

I still can not get import the model

I do not understand what is wrong

maybe you have to import the havok skeleton?

or maybe with (Model Importer-Updated) just enough

english by:google sorryrolleyes.gif

progress can be made at this time

thank you, thank you all especially DARIO FF

I will continue working if someone wants to help please do

if necessary upload. log files and other

may have a problem with the material or do not understand even the skeleton

guy_by_eltoto2010-d528bvw.png

Edited by eltoto2012

I need to fix the material

I think we have to put the same names as the sonic material

and skeleton

I vote you keep going on Robo Sonic, Joe. I hope he'll be released!

Anyway, to the guy who was working on Silver Sonic: Kanimayo's pictures are PERFECT. They also show how he is "sharper" and more robotic-looking, rather than an edit of Sonic. Obviously, you can continue to edit Sonic to make him, but I'd suggest improving on the "robot" look.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyway, to the guy who was working on Silver Sonic: Kanimayo's pictures are PERFECT. They also show how he is "sharper" and more robotic-looking, rather than an edit of Sonic. Obviously, you can continue to edit Sonic to make him, but I'd suggest improving on the "robot" look.

Okay, so...

Lets say I've taken an Egg Pawn model and made some custom animations for it in 3ds max.

How do I export said animations so I can replace one of Sonic's with them? Do I need some tool?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by squidgy617

Thanks. I do plan to release him once I get a few more things finished.

To answer your Egg Pawn question, you need to export the animation using the Havok Content tools plugin for 3DS Max. Sadly, I'm not too good at explaining how it works...

Haha I've been wanting to do this since I was messing with model importing. It's a good thing you did it over the regular Sonic Model so the rigging stayed the same tho. I love it. Makes me wonder how some simulation levels for generations stages would play out... not like they would be incredibly hard to make either. tongue.png

That's pretty funny. The rigging didn't stay exactly the same at first. There were even still a few minor rigging issues in that first pic and video. I've fixed them by now (Skin Utilities FTW.)

Simulation levels would be a great idea for Generations. Heck, it'd be an easier way to import old stage layouts due to the lack of advanced textures/objects/etc.

Anyways, here's 3 images to show what I've changed since my last post.

2012060300003.jpg

2012060300006uw.jpg

2012060300007.jpg

I made different Materials for the turquoise spheres and the red sphere. They look similar, but aren't as simple as the previous materials. I've also removed the eyelids, made his browline retain its default position at all times, and gave him a single expressionless mouth object. Finally, I did some turbo-smoothing on the robotic parts.

I still have to fix his wrist/ankle bands (look at the 2nd screenshot) before this will be done. I also need to make the 4 recolors and HUD edits.

That's pretty funny. The rigging didn't stay exactly the same at first. There were even still a few minor rigging issues in that first pic and video. I've fixed them by now (Skin Utilities FTW.)

Simulation levels would be a great idea for Generations. Heck, it'd be an easier way to import old stage layouts due to the lack of advanced textures/objects/etc.

Anyways, here's 3 images to show what I've changed since my last post.

Spoiler

2012060300003.jpg

2012060300006uw.jpg

2012060300007.jpg

I made different Materials for the turquoise spheres and the red sphere. They look similar, but aren't as simple as the previous materials. I've also removed the eyelids, made his browline retain its default position at all times, and gave him a single expressionless mouth object. Finally, I did some turbo-smoothing on the robotic parts.

I still have to fix his wrist/ankle bands (look at the 2nd screenshot) before this will be done. I also need to make the 4 recolors and HUD edits.

as they succeed?, what is the detail?

be the skeleton ..

the material ....

something

Edited by eltoto2012

Posted Today, 06:17 PM

So let's say you're a complete noob at modeling and all that and you need to make a skeleton for something like 06 Sonic.

How would one go about doing that?

if it's true I know nothing about this sorry

I was walking when I happened

people who can edit generation models can create a video tutorial.

I'm sure many supporting one another

I've been trying to learn how to import animations into the 3ds max format so I can edit them, but hkxcmd isn't working properly. It isn't converting hkx files to kf files, but it's just removing the hkx property or something, e.g sonic.jet.anm.hkx becomes sonic.jet.amn. Any help would really be appreciated.

http://forums.nexusm...ert-xml-hkx-kf/

the link you will find a tool called .ConvertUi.

This test is Skyrim

AND DARIO FF

please check your g-mail please

Edited by eltoto2012

ok, so first off I would like to respond to the comments on the Silver Sonics, heavy and bomb, then I would like to discuss my basic ideas on a mod idea I am going after, that ought to answer some questions as well.

Silver Sonic 2: first off nothing but the body is currently textured, as that is a later priotity, as I want to get all the model pieces together first

second, I am planning to use a combination of the SA and archie looks for the best appearance I can(thanks for the SA ref pics however), as I am not going merely for replication, I am also going for an update, I am still considering keeping the mouth as it is shown in the comics, and gives him more personality, though it will provide more rigging issues. final note I do plan to release the silver sonics as a minimod

third is in reference to the eyes, I still jeed to alter and fix the normal and specular textures, that will be fixed

finaly, I will make him look sharper, however he will be a much closer to normal sonic headwise than metal sonic, as my thought is that he was designed to cause the same kind of confusion that shadow would, he is a close replica to sonic to cause confusion and disorient his enemies, though I may be overthinking it

Siler Sonic: texture is still a start, just did a bit of base work, also, in my opinion the originnal one did have 2 eyes, however it is impossible to see from the side, so in level it wont make much of a difference. obviously he needs a lot of work, however currently I only plan a reskin on him, and nothing further.

Now here is a note that should be of interest, curently both silver sonics are pet projects, though silver sonic 2 is to give me some practice and to iron out importing and exporting models, now after that the rest are an actual project I am working on

Heavy & Bomb: These 2 originaly did not have eyes, however I am doing a bit of updating and reimaging of them as after nearly 2 decades they would have gone through some improvement, and I am doing it in such a way that they might have had them before but they simply weren't visible(blast shield, and deactivated receptors appropiately), and they do still need furhter detailing. [also I have a theory about what happened to heavy, and it will be included in hte mod]

SO now here is my announcement, I plan to do a Knuckles' Chaotix Conversion mod. The basic premise is as follows; it is shortly after the events of sonic generations, Knuckles has met up with Vector Espio and charmy, and invited rouge along as well (either at their building shown in sonic heroes, or perhaps in the old chaotix cave(this will replace the trophy room), reminescing about their old adventures, and wondering about what happened to their old teammates, when out of nowhere mighty the armadillo comes barging through the door, with a flying squirrel(the other character alongside mighty and sonic in segasonic the hedgehog), and then a time portal opens up, and they get sucked through, and knuckle thinks he vaguely sees heavy, bomb and Omega!? Knuckles lands in a radicly different hub world, alongside one of his teammates(TBD), and sees the familiar site of mushroom hill zone. later on when he encounters mighty he discovers that he has spent the past several years hiding the power rings(from knuckle's Chaotix 32x) from metal sonic, but following the end of SG, metal sonic had infact managed to asorb the Time Eater into himself, then proceeded to use the new time warping abilities to both recollect the rings and the master emerald, then proceeds to attempt to make himself the ultimate power in the universe by eliminating the one team that managed to defeat his King form before, Knuckle's Chaotix.

So for those who don't know of it, this mod is inspired by the want to return knuckles to playability and a little known 32x classic known as Knuckle's chaotix. I have created the storyline myself, however this mod is a plan to add new levels and several characters to the gameplay, and modifying the basic gameplay basics to make it more enjoyable. Unlike the vanilla game, instead of playing as 2 versions of the same character I have decided instead to have you play as 2 seperate characters, Knuckles will replace modern sonic, and classic sonic will be replaced by another memeber of team chaotix, below I have a tenitive base of characters and levels I hope to include.

oh and note in the case of missing, or long absent characters, reimagining, or if they have a more modern comic appearance that will be used as well

currently this is a one man team, though I do hope to team up with more people later, as I am mainly a modeler, uver and rigger; and do hope to get some map modelers and coders, and textures on the team later

Knuckle's Chaotix tentitive plans: note, Modern is now explorer, classic is sidescroller

Playable characters:(currently 2, if I can get it to work, I may see if I can make it so that you can switch between 2 characters for each era type)

Knuckles

TBD(possibly mighty, espio, rouge, or the flying squirrel[ray I think])

Allies: Mighty, espio, rouge, charmy, vector, bomb, ray(note he is game comic, you saw his missing poster in gens, however may use comic appearance as it looks more modern), SS2 is a maybe, and Heavy/omega(will replace tails, also, my personal theory is that following knuckle's chaotix he was recaptured by eggman, and was eventualy reused for omega[we saw Eggman reuse old robots in the construction of new ones in SA, so this isnt out of the question, and within the game community it would make sense and explain why he was imprisioned with shadow])

rivals: Metal Knuckles, Fang the sniper/Nack the wesael, and either super sonic(for a super vs hyper battle, that would be awesome), anti-sonic/scourge the hedgehog(green sonic with leather jacket, green fur and shades), or perhaps SS2(one of these three would replace shadow)

bosses: Super mecha Sonic(over-sized glowing normal, I plan to use a mis of the piccs you provided me, thanks by the way; will replace death egg robot); chaos stays for now; draagon will be replaced, Yet to be determined; Super king metal sonic(ultra boosted version of the boss at the end of Knuckle's chaotix)

Planned level replacements: Mushroom hill(green hill), Sky sanctuary boss(death egg, same gameplay currently planned, different looking enviroment); additional SA+SA2 levels; Newtrogeonic high(a level from Knuckles chaotix). other than that, rival levels will be modified in appearance, also all modern zones will be replaced, though currently planning to keep most dreamcast ones.

in relation to gameplay, the character stats will depend on playable character, though I do have an idea on how to replace home with glide, but I dont know about climbing yet.

also, for the person trying to do a tails replacement mod, I have an idea for flight, you may be able to add it as a skill in classic, by taking the mission animation, and replacing the boost animation wiht the code from the tails assist animation, same with modern, but with homing attack of course.

So... I followed the instructions in SonicGLvl.

moved the spawn to where the level is where I imported.

and I got this.

[media=]

Help.

Edited by SuperRiderTH

All of this is awesome!! Congratulation for all or you for doing a great job!

Also...you know what I would really want to see?

tW1iy.jpg

That metallic bastard. I wish I knew how to model it to import it into the game.

ok, well I still have a lot of work to do, but I have most of the basic framework done so figured I would go ahead and give you a look at the start of my mecha-sonic

itsastart.jpg

I currently plan to make everything except the head, which I plan to borrow from modern sonic, as modifing it into that shape is a whole lot easier than making it

also, Ashthedragon, that is simply the first version of silversonic, I am only doing the death egg version.

finally hope my post about my mod idea wasnt to much of a mouth-full, and if I cant make my other plan work out, or maybe along with my other plan, I might have mecha sonic as a rival

well, I think it wouldnt be simple as the 2 use different interface items, but its not impossible either.

Also, yes I can release mecha-sonic as a seperate playable character mod(maybe I can replace classic sonic with metal sonic as well ;))

, and finally some good news, I am pretty sure I can get omega's mesh from the trophy files, which means a tad bit less modeling for me(not that I couldn't make him, but more I can concentrate on other characters, the faster I can finish doing the additional cast, and start worrying about getting the bosses and new levels together)

oh, and also, here is an offer for some of you map makers out there, I am willing to make props in exchange for some map work(whether making them, or modifing them from existing game files). on that note, one of the things I plan to try at is redoing death egg zone with scenery from sky sanctuary, though currently I have no plans to change gameplay(thats going to be a BIG border to cross, currently a new boss model, and some switched animations are good enough fo me)

So, how do I got abotu Swapping Sonic stages? Like getting Modern Sonic in classic Sonic's stages?

That's been possible since the first month of the PC version I think.

MASKEDHERO303

Kinda confused on what you mean there. Thanks a ton for telling about the converter though, but the instructions in the thread are kind of confusing, would you mind explaining it on how it works for SG?

do not use it lately

because it does not work with animated

but functions as follows

1) Create a folder where the. Exe with the name of infolder

2) within the animations you put in folder format. HKX

3) copies of the skeleton in the same folder with 2 names, skeleton.hkx and that brings the game without changing the name

4) then open the executable and select the option convertui.exe conversion

HKX is available to xml, kf and reverse

piczw.pngpic2mv.png

Edited by eltoto2012

ok good news, I managed to find the trophy file, and import omega, it will take some work to get him ingame(get him into a neutral position for rigging, finding a good skeleton to rig him to, etc), but should be doable, and it means one less thing for me to texture, so thats fine with me

also for you riggers with more experience I have a question: will it cause issues if I export a model that is rigged as several different objects(arms, legs, body, head, etc)?

*cough cough*

1.pngbcc7dbc8-42e0-4826-8e16-375a406efe6dLarger.jpg

3.png95062eeb-7e69-46c7-aa57-aea9d63b404fLarger.jpg

I'm just gonna leave this here...

• Thumbs Up 8

nice job, I didnt know someone had made a metal sonic mod, I am still new round here, however I am still working on mine as I am going for a different feel and need it for my mod, I am considering redoing the forearms on mine. I am also messing around with a few other things as well, and hope to have something new to show this afternoono

So let's say you're a complete noob at modeling and all that and you need to make a skeleton for something like 06 Sonic.

How would one go about doing that?

oh u <3

Edited by The True BlackHawk